• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

TDF 2006 = Giro 2010...???

May 14, 2009
Visit site
I really don't understand what you're implying.

Arroyo choose to come in 2nd so that if Basso gets disqualified he wins automatically?

If so, why not just get first, since Arroyo has already been tested 10 times this Giro. It was just another gr8 downhill from the Caisse d'Epargne guys.

Starting to hate all this threads where cycling=dope, and if Basso doesn't get busted it's just because of some shady connections/interests.

Just because you can't ride, doesn't mean nobody else can.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Nikoloz said:
Caisse d'Epargne tactic

(-:

Arroyo will not hang on to second.
I wish he could win though....that would have been amazing! I've always been a Caisse fan, and it would be lovely to see Arroyo win the Giro. However that dream is over now, he is 51 seconds behind Basso. I think Nibali win come in to second. Let's hope Arroyo can at least hang on to third.

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
Think he's implying "winning a grand tour with a non-top contender by taking an absurd amount of time in a break because the leading teams were slacking off".

TRENDING THREADS