• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

TDF 2017 Predicitions

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Podium: Porte, Quintana, Contador
Green: Satan
KOM: Landa
White: Meintjes
Top10: Froome, Aru, Martin, Fuglsang, Bardet, Chavez, Balverde
11-20: Majka, Meintjes, Yates, Mollema, Talansky, Uran, Buchmann, Roglic, Izaguirre, Tiesj Benoot
Mathews stage wins: 0
Most stage wins: Marcel Sagan
Breakthrough rider: Alberto Contador Velasco

Froome, Porte and Aru to top-3 (no order).
Quintana, Valverde, Meintjes, Bardet, Birdsong, Yates and Majka to the remaining top-10 (no order).
KOM really no idea, but I doubt it will be Pinot.
GJ: Saganator
WJ: Yates, if eligible.

First one to fall: Contador (though I hope it won't be him, but Tour de Fall, etc).

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Re:

Ruby United said:
Hugo Koblet said:
Anderis said:
People keep bringing "he has never been on a GT podium" argument for Porte like forgetting that the main reason he didn't podium last year's TdF was a puncture he got on one of the opening stages.
You can't really use these speculations to anything. Then what if Quintana hadn't been ill? If Contador hadn't crashed?

There is a clear difference between Quintana and Contador and the case of Porte.

Quintana was hampered by illness. We don't know how his form would have been throughout the whole Tour if not for the illness. Thus we cannot determine what would have happened had he not been ill.

Contador crashed and had a fever and pulled out. We don't know how his form would have been throughout the whole Tour if not for the crash and illness and him pulling out. Thus we cannot determine what would have happened had he not been ill.

Porte raced the whole Tour at top form and was only hampered by a puncture. We do know how his form was throughout the whole Tour. Thus we can determine what would have happened if not for the puncture.

Simple logic :)
Good post

Anderis said:
Podium: 1 Talansky 2 Uran 3 Rolland
Green: Bevin
KOM: Rolland
White: Bettiol
Top 10: Brown, Clarke, Bettiol, Bevin, Van Baarle, Phinney, Kittel
Breakthrough rider: Bevin
Most stage wins: Bevin
Cavendish stage wins: 0

:) One thing is correct, Bevin will be riding in a green jersey. Uran will be above Talansky in GC.

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Podium: 1. Contador 2. Porte 3. Froome
Green: PETER
KOM: Epic Frenchy battle, Bardet beats Pinot by <5 points
White: some young dude
Top 10: wheelsuckers
Breakthrough rider: Chaves Tour breakthrough
Most stage wins: Sagan/Kittel tie
Cavendish stage wins: Who?

Re:

DanielSong39 said:
Podium: 1 Froome 2 Porte 3 Quintana
Green: Sagan
KOM: Majka
White: Meintjes
Top 10: Aru, Contador, Fuglsang, Bardet, Valverde, Chaves, Meintjes
Breakthrough rider: Aru
Most stage wins: Kittel
"Breakthrough rider" for someone that has won a Vuelta and podiumed the Giro twice?
"Breakthrough rider" for finishing 4th overall? While that guy was 6th on GC before collapsing on the penultimate stage last year? :p

Podium 1. Buchmann 2. Meintjes 3. S.Yates
Green: Felline
KOM: Gesink
White: Buchmann
Top 10: Betancur, Henao, Caruso, Roglic, Kwiatkowski, Vuillermoz, Machado
Breakthrough rider: Timo Roosen
Most stage wins: Felline

A huge gust of wind to take out half the favorites in the 3rd stage. Wildly unpredictable and strange Tour follows. :p

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:

A huge gust of wind to take out every single favorite in the 3rd stage. Wildly unpredictable and strange Tour follows. :p
ftfy

Checked the betting and Aru is the value bet at 23.0. When you consider that Fulsang is shorter at 13.0 then I think those odds are the wrong way around. I think Aru has fine tuned his preparations around the tour and the palmares should suit him well. The more I look at Froome the more I think he is not as well prepared this season and I have serious doubts about the vibes coming out of sky.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:

A huge gust of wind to take out half the favorites in the 3rd stage. Wildly unpredictable and strange Tour follows. :p

Oh I was assuming a mass daylight alien abduction................

Re:

ontheroad said:
Checked the betting and Aru is the value bet at 23.0. When you consider that Fulsang is shorter at 13.0 then I think those odds are the wrong way around. I think Aru has fine tuned his preparations around the tour and the palmares should suit him well. The more I look at Froome the more I think he is not as well prepared this season and I have serious doubts about the vibes coming out of sky.
still aru outperforming healthy not injured froome doesn't seem anything obvious, to put it mildly.

Podium: 1 Chaves 2 Contador 3 Uran
Green: Colbrelli
KOM: Calmejane
White: Benoot
Top 10: Quintana, Henao, Latour, Meintjes, Izagirre, Benoot, Froome
Breakthrough rider: Calmejane
Most stage wins: Kristoff
Cavendish stage wins: 2

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Podium 1. Porte 2. Froome 3. Contador
Green: Sagan