TdF official thread: Stage 3 Marseille-Grand Motte (196.0km)

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Guest
sportzchick said:
and i dont think lance is the 'mentoring type' either

+1

Yea, he would rather berate on twitter than act in a fatherly manner.
 
Jul 7, 2009
37
0
0
Thoughtforfood said:
+1

Yea, he would rather berate on twitter than act in a fatherly manner.

He'll mentor when it means bringing up a rider that benefits his(LA's) chances of winning a race. ;)
 
Mar 10, 2009
1,318
0
0
Bainreese said:
It is very interesting seeing some of the responses here. I suppose that what I have to add isn't really anything new as many have already stated most of it. But with what seems like willful ignorance from some I could no longer just lurk and chuckle.
1...
2...
3...
4...
5...

Yet another example, Alpe, where newbies shine...

Nice analysis bainreese.
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,654
2
0
It was a great stage to watch with the splits of the field but unfortunately it was not much of a sprinters stage ...AGAIN:(. Yes Cavendish has been very fast over the past few days but in the sprints he has only had to beat one or two sprinters to the line. Hushovd nearly beat Cav today and if guys like Farrar or Boonen were there i think one of them would of won the sprint. I was really hoping for a big sprint down to the finish but unfortunately again the sprint was quite minor and boring.
 
May 13, 2009
692
1
0
Lessons for AC:

-Stay at the front, on any given day as easy as it seems **** could happen. Lets not forget Paris Nice(?) where Luis Leon got him on an "easy" rolling day.

-Take it easy tomorrow!! Last thing he wants is to get LA in yellow and end up pacing him up to Arcalis 1-2 min behind the likes of Schleck bros and Evans. Yes, I believe Bruyneel y far from a really clever DS

-Get another team!!! Cause as far as I am concerned these guys are split.
 
I don't get why people go on about Contador needing to learn because of today's stage...
Was he the only favourite who wasn't in the front group?
No not at all!
The only guy's up front who could be interesting for the GC were Armstrong,Gerdemann,Kirchen,Rogers,Monfort and Martin.
NONE of them really likely to be a threat for him.
 
Mar 10, 2009
7,268
1
0
Rechtschreibfehler said:
I don't get why people go on about Contador needing to learn because of today's stage...
Was he the only favourite who wasn't in the front group?
No not at all!
The only guy's up front who could be interesting for the GC were Armstrong,Gerdemann,Kirchen,Rogers,Monfort and Martin.
NONE of them really likely to be a threat for him.

+1 and it's not as if they pulled off a Pereiro or so...
 
Carl0880 said:
I haven't read this yet, where did you find it. If this is true, then could signal 1 of 2 things. Contador inexperience caused the split, or seeing a chance to let Lance vault up in the standing giving him a chance to wear yellow and please him, Contador intentionally let the split going knowing that it wouldn't gain enough time to really affect hiim and easily able to overcome in the mountains

or maybe the little spanish climber couldnt hold the wheel in front of him....more kms needed.....
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
blaxland said:
or maybe the little spanish climber couldnt hold the wheel in front of him....more kms needed.....

Yea, cause I am sure that from Saturday till today he lost HP.......man the ignorance of fanboy nation is hard to take.....
 
Jun 18, 2009
2,079
2
0
euphrades said:
Not while he is on the bike or for the bike race he wants to win.....

Or ever... LA is all about LA. 24/7. He'll make a great politician though. Lies as well Clinton and even believes what he says (which is truly important).
 
May 26, 2009
3,687
2
0
Bala Verde said:
Why wasn't his body guard sitting in front of him....

Bad bodyguard, not necessarily AC's fault.

But the significance of the incident is in what it will do to the internal struggle in Astana. Because quite simply Lance feels as an equal leader (he said as much multiple times), whereas for instance on the AC/JB conference this was denied.

One thing we can safely say of Lance is that he has a huge win to will and that he has a huge ego, like any other great champion. I'm 100% sure this will make him feel like the foremost leader. It's in his system. You don't win multiple tours without being utterly convinced of your own superiority.

On the other hand, AC has been poked by AC a few times by being called junior, inexperienced, nervous.. now this happens. How will that work within his mind? I have no doubt he can handle a lot of stress, being a 3 time GT winner. I also think he is ruthless if need be (great champ and all that), but Lance is a huge icon, so who knows, maybe lance manages to rattle AC.

Hinault also tried these tactis on Lemond^^
 
May 14, 2009
151
0
0
Franklin said:
One thing we can safely say of Lance is that he has a huge win to will and that he has a huge ego, like any other great champion. I'm 100% sure this will make him feel like the foremost leader. It's in his system. You don't win multiple tours without being utterly convinced of your own superiority.
Better worder
You don't win multiple tours without being utterly convinced of the superiority of your own doctor.