• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

TDF rules

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site
I have an issue with GC riders being allowed to advance on an teammate's bike. The GC riders are already protected by teammates throughout the entire race and basically draft off of their teammates as needed. When they go down or have mechanical problems they should have to wait for the team car to bring a replacement bike. The leaders' team cars are strategically position anyway. If Froome would have waiting to swap bike's, his final time would have reflected him going down and damaging his bike, as it should. The call to take the finish time early is another issue. He still would have won the TDF. I still think Froome should have had to remain in place as opposed to running on foot and advancing without his bike. Froome is an awesome rider and deserved to win the TDF, but I had serious issues with these two incidents.