• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tdf Stage 11 - Thursday, July 15 2010, Sisteron - Bourg-lès-Valence, 180 km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Another hot day with clear skies.
Weather forecast for tomorrow's heavy stage to the Mende "wall" is for temperatures to jump a further 6C!
Some serious suffering for some riders.

Further on what temperature? So it will be around 42°C or something? :s That's scary.

macnir said:
Giro...Stage 11...Oh my gosh...:p

For me that was by far the most boring stage to watch, once you knew what had happened. Similar to yesterday. The gap was so big that the only action they could show was pictures of group 1 riding in the rain, pictures of group 2 riding in the rain. Vino in the rain, sastre in the rain, cuddles in the rain, tondo in the rain, nibali in the rain, wiggins in the rain etc etc etc. The gap wasnt even coming down so it was like watching a still picture for 45 minutes.

The Hitch said:
For me that was by far the most boring stage to watch, once you knew what had happened. Similar to yesterday. The gap was so big that the only action they could show was pictures of group 1 riding in the rain, pictures of group 2 riding in the rain. Vino in the rain, sastre in the rain, cuddles in the rain, tondo in the rain, nibali in the rain, wiggins in the rain etc etc etc. The gap wasnt even coming down so it was like watching a still picture for 45 minutes.

I enjoyed Evans, Nibali, Scarponi, Vino, Cunego etc all swapping turns because of the situation they let themselves get into. Plus there were plenty of people dropping off from both groups and a tough uphill finish.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
I enjoyed Evans, Nibali, Scarponi, Vino, Cunego etc all swapping turns because of the situation they let themselves get into. Plus there were plenty of people dropping off from both groups and a tough uphill finish.

Aye. If the most boring Giro stage was a stage with actual racing for the duration of the stage, The Hitch wasn't doing too bad. The gap might have been similar, but yesterday's TdF stage wasn't even vaguely on the same scale to me. It simply had no Giro '10 equivalent.

What are we on, race day 12? The amount of TdF days I have been sitting on the edge of my seat so far are roughly equal to the days that the Giro offering was lukewarm. And can be counted on the fingers of one hand. Of someone who operates heavy machinery and really shouldn't.

Still, much better so far compared to the previous year. And where week 3 of the Giro was a bit slow compared to the circus that got us there (tiredness being a factor probably), it looks like the Tour is still warming up. I'm pretty hopeful that I will need a few of those operators to get enough fingers together for the final count of thrilling days.

Mellow Velo said:
Yes, I'm expecting tomorrow to shock a few people. They may go quite hard, as the following day isn't too bad.

Unlikely that any of the contenders will race it though, 3km flat at the top and no time bonuses make it tough to get time gap worth putting the effort in for.

Of course, it will be more interesting than these two days though. Stage 13 should be a bit better too.

I think the real mountain goats will definitely attack. Possible to gain 20-30 seconds and the finish isn't far.

Anyhow, big chat on french tv regarding the heat. Many riders suffering from fatigue.
The problem being that the rural hotels they are having to use, don't have air con. Night temps remaining in the mid 20'sC are making sleep all nigh impossible.
(Laurent Fignon)