• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

TdF TEAM PRESENTATIONS

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Shouldn’t riders who won a jersey last year, get to wear it at the presentation. Would be a good honour I think.

Some of those interviews were cringe worthy. How can you have interviews with lead riders at the tour without speaking Spanish. They have only won it the last 4 times with 3 different riders, + have paris nice champions, Olympic gold medallists, vuelta winners etc etc

And why do they have to start talking about football during the tdf presentation. God. In this country you cant hear anything else for the other 23 hours of life, and even during the tdf I have to hear about it. Its frustrating when cycling mentions these celebrity sports, because cyclists kill themselves for peanuts, while other athletes get tremendous riches thrust upon them for a lot less effort and risk.

Also for those who didn’t watch it, cav got through a whole interview without swearing. Though it was only 1 minute.

And Carlton Kirby is not the greatest commentator, but have to give him praise for single handidly translating the german, Spanish, French, Italian and guessing the dutch .

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
I agree that the interview questions asked on stage were awkward. Most of them didn't really add anything to the audience's knowledge of the rider/strategy/etc. When Wigans came up, they asked him about his weight three times. The first couple of times he told them he wouldn't answer that question, and then they worked around to it by asking how much weight he'd lost this year compared to last year, so he finally gave in and answered the question so they'd shut up.

Funny part was them interviewing McEwen in Flemish and then translating into English. Robbie said something like, "why don't I just talk in English then?"

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
So Bertie can't speak English then.:rolleyes:
(doesn't he look much happier than this time, last year?)

Apparently Bertie's English isn't too bad, but sticks only to Spanish when being interviewed so his words can't get mistranslated or taken the wrong way. Especially if somebody uses google translate.

And ACF, you scare the living daylights out of me. Next thing you know, he's cut all the pictures of Chiara's (CE's wife) head and put his head in place :eek:

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Next you think we have windmills everywhere, wear clumps and only eat cheese?

krebs303 said:
you forgot pot and cocoa:D

And tulips! What about all those beautiful tulips you guys grow around your windmills?

Susan Westemeyer said:
AusCyclingFan, would you please calm down some, watch your langauge and stop insulting everyone?

It would be a pity if you got a temporary ban at this point.....

Susan

Yeah. A real pity. Damn shame that would be.

Just kidding, don't want to see him (?) or anyone else banned. But daaaamn .....

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
And ACF, you scare the living daylights out of me. Next thing you know, he's cut all the pictures of Chiara's (CE's wife) head and put his head in place :eek:

:confused: - What are you talking about? Don't forget to take your meds!;) - (That is a thing called a joke Susan please don't ban me for it!)

Okay... was a tad confused about how you were able to have a lengthly discussion about the team presentation yesterday. Then I realised it was yesterday-five-years-ago. :rolleyes:
Kinda didn't make the connection that G. is not actually the UK-champion.

And seeing Craig's old posts just makes me sad... for various reasons. :(

Riders that doubles Giro and Tour (I just know Porte and Gerrans didnt finish, but not sure any other more):

Kangert
Damiano Caruso.
Hesjedal
Urán
Geniez
Clement
Geschke
Paolini
Kruijswijk
Porte
Koning
Basso
Contador
Tossato
Rogers
Kreuziger
Gerrans,
Matthews
Dubridge
Lars Bak
André Greipel
Adam Hansen
Gregory Handerson

So, 23 riders, if I am not wrong

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Taxus4a said:
Riders that double Giro and Tour (I just know Porte and Gerrans didnt finish, but not sure any other more):

Kangert
Damiano Caruso.
Hesjedal
Urán
Geniez
Clement
Geschke
Paolini
Kruijswijk
Porte
Koning
Basso