• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

TDS Stage 8: Wetzikon → Liestal 179 km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Barrus said:
Do need to say, Gesink is looking really good, is he peaking too early?

You may well be right, I expect him to go well in the first week of the Tour (providing he doesn't crash on the cobbles) but he could run out of steam by the third.

Monfort and the two Caisse riders are clearly strongest when the road goes uphill but they are not able to maintain their advantage on the flat or the descents.

Gesink has got one team-mate left.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
I think Mad Amets Txurruka is getting pulled back in by the peloton.

[edit]Yup, there he goes.

Saxo on the attack again but Gesink marking everything.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
One after another, it's raining attacks and most are reacted to by Gesink himself, I am really getting worried for his tour, he just looks too good, or has he become that much better this year?

Barrus said:
OPne after another, it's raining attacks and most are reacted to by Gesink himself, I am really getting worried for his tour, he just looks too good, or has he become that much better this year?

He may have better form than most of the other Tour hopefuls in the race, so it's easier to pull back/cover their attacks.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
/\ /\ /\ /\
If you use popout player you don't have to even look at the chat.

Da Costa has this in the bag, and Caisse will almost certainly get the one-two.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
No way that is Thor sprinting from the pack.

[edit] It is as well! What a ride from the thunder god. I take it all back, he should be in with a great chance of defending his green jersey if this is the form he is in.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Jamsque said:
/\ /\ /\ /\
If you use popout player you don't have to even look at the chat.

Da Costa has this in the bag, and Caisse will almost certainly get the one-two.

Some of it was very funny but distracting... trying too avoid is probably better.

TRENDING THREADS