• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Budgets

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Ryo Hazuki said:
these are real budgets in euros pretty much:

bmc 25 million/limitless (like phonak)
Sky 20-30 million
leopard 20 million
radioshack 20 million
katyusha 20 million (30 million for total program every year)
astana 20 million (can become more)
garmin-cervelo 20 million
htc 15 million
rabobank 12.5 million
movistar 12 million
liqiuigas 12 million
saxobank 11 million (of which 6 million to contador)
lampre-isd 11 million
omega pharma lotto 10 million
quickstep 9.5 million
vacansoleil 9.5 million (can become more)
ag2r 7 million
euskaltel 6.5 million
cofidis 8 million
francaise des jeux 7.5 million
europcar 7 million
saur 6 million

keep in mind especially the frnech teams usually have room for extra budgets for big riders.

Completely out by a long distance, in fact such a long distance you are on Mars.

Are we talking dollars or euros? Most european teams tend to talk in euros, others probably in dollars. That's a difference.

Team Sky's 30M budget (which currency?) is including track team, Sky rides and olympic development teams, for all I know. Pro Team is only half of it.

janraaskalt said:
Are we talking dollars or euros? Most european teams tend to talk in euros, others probably in dollars. That's a difference.

Team Sky's 30M budget (which currency?) is including track team, Sky rides and olympic development teams, for all I know. Pro Team is only half of it.

I thought £30m was Sky's investment over the 4 year contract?

Last year Brailsford came out and said Sky were 6th on the UCI's official list of team budgets. Cyclingnews link

I remembering reading at the beginning of the year that the entire SKY cycling programme wenas increased to 16 million pounds. I dont know excatly what currency the figures are in but it was definitely pounds. I'm sure TSF would be able to correct me I'm sure his sources would be more accurate than anything I've heard.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Big_Blue_Dave said:
Completely out by a long distance, in fact such a long distance you are on Mars.

BSkyB provided £30 million in sponsorship for the team and will back the team as name sponsor until the end of 2013.[6] The team also receives further sponsorship from News Corporation and Sky Italia. Pinarello supplies bicycle frames and forks: Using the Dogma 60.1. in 2010[7][8][9] On 5 January 2010, Adidas were announced as the teams official apparel and accessories partner.[10] Also Gatorade, M&S, Oakley, IG Markets and Jaguar are additional sponsors.

30 million pounds is 40 million euros? or close to that for 4 years, add co sponsors to that and it's not far off at all. thing is I heard on tv they have 30 million or 25 million a year. trhat's why I put 20-30 million I'm not 100% sure

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Midnightfright said:
I remembering reading at the beginning of the year that the entire SKY cycling programme wenas increased to 16 million pounds. I dont know excatly what currency the figures are in but it was definitely pounds. I'm sure TSF would be able to correct me I'm sure his sources would be more accurate than anything I've heard.

yeah and that is without the co sponsors for the roadracing team. 16 million pounds is 20 million euros, or little more I think

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
do we have the stats for team wins?

I would like to do one of these plots:
salaryper.png

Zinoviev Letter said:
Are we seriously having a debate based on (1) published figures versus (2) figures Ryo pulled out of his rectum?

I can add another unreliable source: The swiss Blick Newspaper

Blick-Extra "Tour de Suisse" (Page 10/11)

and if Saur-Sojasuns budget really is about ~5 Million (so just ~1-2 million less than a couple of Pro Tour Teams like AG2R or Euskatel) that must be one of the worst managed squad of all time.

I've seen a number of 1,5 Million elsewhere but in reality it might be somewhere in between

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Zinoviev Letter said:
Are we seriously having a debate based on (1) published figures versus (2) figures Ryo pulled out of his rectum?

I've already given numerous sources for the budgets I've posted. while those published figures in the op are laughable to everyone who has a brain and can add 1+1

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
search said:
but they don't even race overseas, the farthest country they travel to are Belgium and Spain so they save a lot on travel costs

it's not like other pro tour teams travel the world over. they have down under and some do california but that's it and I think most of those costs are covered by the race organisers?

to give an example. sylvain chavanel earned over a million euros per year back at cofidis before he even broke through, moncoutie earned even more

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
it's not like other pro tour teams travel the world over. they have down under and some do california but that's it and I think most of those costs are covered by the race organisers?

to give an example. sylvain chavanel earned over a million euros per year back at cofidis before he even broke through, moncoutie earned even more

I wonder how much Boonen would have got at Bbox which he would have gone to if he didn't test positive for coke.

Ryo Hazuki said:
BSkyB provided £30 million in sponsorship for the team and will back the team as name sponsor until the end of 2013.[6] The team also receives further sponsorship from News Corporation and Sky Italia. Pinarello supplies bicycle frames and forks: Using the Dogma 60.1. in 2010[7][8][9] On 5 January 2010, Adidas were announced as the teams official apparel and accessories partner.[10] Also Gatorade, M&S, Oakley, IG Markets and Jaguar are additional sponsors.

30 million pounds is 40 million euros? or close to that for 4 years, add co sponsors to that and it's not far off at all. thing is I heard on tv they have 30 million or 25 million a year. trhat's why I put 20-30 million I'm not 100% sure

What you hear and what is fact are two completely different things though, the budget is much closer to £13m a year than £20m and that is since signing a certain World Champion. In fact my guess is that all the budgets quoted are ridiculously over-valued. By the way, apologies for the 12 month delay in posting but, I have been staying away from here due to the drivel that keeps popping up daily. Plus the fact that work has had me far too busy in the past 12 months.