• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team DSM thread

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Brenner was really unhappy with DSM. They didn't let him fix his back problems on his own. He then went to a doctor on his own nevertheless and after that DSM was angy. Not according to protocol... :sweatsmile: They didn't let him start the Vuelta. Brenner already said in september that he wanted to leave DSM and that he tries to find a solution.

Frederik Rodenberg will also not continue with DSM, he has only had eight race days in the start of the season because of a concussion and his neo year last year was affected by another concussion

kind of strange because they are usually patient with riders with injuries and other issues

Last edited:
Frederik Rodenberg will also not continue with DSM, he has only had eight race days in the start of the season because of a concussion and his neo year last year was affected by another concussion

kind of strange because they are usually patient with riders with injuries and other issues
I've been wondering what has been up with him, but haven't been curious enough to actually check it out. But it seems like a knee injury and the concussions you mention has basically kept him off the bike for his entire DSM contract. It's understandable that he won't get a new one, and from an interview earlier this year Rodenberg himself seems very understanding of this, too.

He's an interesting case, really. Great results on the track, and for what feels like several years now, he's been bigged up (by himself, most notably) as some kind of future sprint star. Would have been interesting to see what it could have amounted too without the injuries. He didn't really set the world alight on the road before he went to DSM either. Wonder if there are any teams that will take him on. He seems to have track ambitions for Paris 2024.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Would guess that it takes quite a bit more money to be a Jumbo title sponsor than a DSM one.
I'm not too sure about that, after all Jumbo don't really have a title sponsor other than Visma. Their "new" sponsor (reportedly) is just Cervélo in another guise. Personally I think PostNL would have been a good fit for them, they're seen more as a "Dutch" team than DSM are, even if that's maybe factually not true.

I'm not too sure about that, after all Jumbo don't really have a title sponsor other than Visma. Their "new" sponsor (reportedly) is just Cervélo in another guise. Personally I think PostNL would have been a good fit for them, they're seen more as a "Dutch" team than DSM are, even if that's maybe factually not true.
They don't have another title sponsor because all their deals (and it was well-documented that they were looking for a pretty hefty cash injection) fell through. By the time that happened, PostNL will have been decently far into negotiations for this contract.

Reactions: Sandisfan and yaco
They don't have another title sponsor because all their deals (and it was well-documented that they were looking for a pretty hefty cash injection) fell through. By the time that happened, PostNL will have been decently far into negotiations for this contract.
Nah, who knows which serious options Jumbo really had. Every rumoured option immediately got the whole cycling media bubble in a tizzy. Meanwhile DSM could just quietly go about their business because nobody cares.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Past months I every now and then thought about Dinham… I always thought it was some kind of „*** move“ that he joined „that“ breakaway on the road to Weinfelden - he got 10th at this TdS stage, which certainly contributed to his selection for their TdF squad.

He was not the only one weirdly joining this decisive move.

In Dinham‘s defence, however, I admit he had a great autumn. His 7th rank at the Elite WCs was nothing less than sensational. This proved he has the talent to achieve a 10th stage rank at a TdS. And maybe his intentions were good, the day they rode into Weinfelden… Who knows… (Same for Bora‘s Jonas Koch.)…

Guys probably think, if someone reads the results statistics ten years later, no one will care „what“ special day it was, maybe. So a 10th stage rank at the TdS still will be a 10th rank at the TdS, no matter the circumstances… Delicate issue.