• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1027 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 8, 2009
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
Don't think so. Instead both Martin (from '11) and Sir Wiggo (particularly '12) stepped up. Equal performance level from Cance imo.

Wiggo's numbers which are psuedo-published for '11 (453W) and '13 (445W) suggest Martin was far superior in '11 considering his massive margin of victory over a stronger Wiggins

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Observation - I've not read this message board for a while but there was times over the past couple of years I've dipped in and out. The same people are saying the EXACT same stuff that you been doing for years. I've been laughing my head off here. It is literally the same arguments going round in a circle. I thought I'd gone back in time when I read some of Dear Wiggo's posts.

I'd love to see what you all look and sound like. Cool dudes. Lol, Jesus wept.

Sethcapes said:
Observation - I've not read this message board for a while but there was times over the past couple of years I've dipped in and out. The same people are saying the EXACT same stuff that you been doing for years. I've been laughing my head off here. It is literally the same arguments going round in a circle. I thought I'd gone back in time when I read some of Dear Wiggo's posts.

Yeah it is pathetic when the fans don't learn the lessons from USP and the exact same thing happens and the exact same level of denial ensues, because our own don't dope.
Yes you are correct, it is pathetic when people don't learn the lessons of the past.

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Digger said:
Yeah it is pathetic when the fans don't learn the lessons from USP and the exact same thing happens and the exact same level of denial ensues, because our own don't dope.
Yes you are correct, it is pathetic when people don't learn the lessons of the past.

Ok digger!!

Go get a shag or something, man alive.

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Sethcapes said:

basically, ppl need to stop h8ing on brits

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Not going to happen though is it? Wiggins does not like Kimmage and vica-versa. You'd know what the tone of he interview would be, what the questions would be, absolutely zero motivation for Wiggins to do it.

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
the sceptic said:
yes, its not possible to have such a huge leap in performance without doping.

at least I have yet to see any credible explanation for how he could go from autobus->armstrong in 1 year.

that said, I doubt the doping was masterminded by JV. He probably knew, or guessed, but Wiggins got the help from the outside imo.

His leap in performance has been overstated by those convinced he doped.

We're talking about a rider who has never won a mountain stage of a GT, come to think of it he has never won a road stage of a GT or a one day race of any significance.

His performance levels are not even close to the levels of Armstrong et al

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
TailWindHome said:

We're talking about a rider who has never won a mountain stage of a GT, come to think of it he has never won a road stage of a GT or a one day race of any significance.

How many TTs did he win in 2012? How many did he win prior to that?

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
TailWindHome said:

in 2008, Wiggins was struggling to keep up with the gruppetto and he finished almost last in the giro GC.

the next year we get this:

JLAJqPl.png

climbing alongside dopers, even beating some of them. Who do you think is the first clean rider on that list?

I would say his performance level was pretty close to Armstrong in that 2009 tour. And that is a gigantic jump in performance from the previous year.

To me, this can only be explained by doping. But if you have any theory as to how this could have been done clean, feel free to bring it up.

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
the sceptic said:
in 2008, Wiggins was struggling to keep up with the gruppetto and he finished almost last in the giro GC.

JLAJqPl.png

climbing alongside dopers, even beating some of them. Who do you think is the first clean rider on that list?

I would say his performance level was pretty close to Armstrong in that 2009 tour. And that is a gigantic jump in performance from the previous year.

To me, this can only be explained by doping. But if you have any theory as to how this could have been done clean, feel free to bring it up.

According to wikipedia, at the 2008 Giro he was working in a lead out train for Cav, and came 4th in the final stage time trial. So maybe, just maaaaybeee, he was saving his legs in the mountains and your point is moot.

I think to show a jump in performance you'll have to find two races in which he was trying.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
elduggo said:
has wiggins ever given an interview where he hasn't come out of it looking like a ***?

He may have done, but I'll not believe it without evidence ;)

I read the interview for Sport and just...I'm still laughing; I can only assume Wiggins has decided the best way to 'protect' Froome is to be a pure lighting rod, throwing himself in fromt of the bus for journos and twitterati. If he can rile them up enough, they'll focus on him not Froomie...

Mind you, that would require a degree of planning I'm not willing to grant. i think the knobhead explanation rather simpler to accept.

Boy, he hates Kimmo doesn't he...

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
the sceptic said:

JLAJqPl.png

Hmm hard question, Christope Le Mevel might have been clean? I dunno :eek:

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
the sceptic said:

JLAJqPl.png

In what way does that GC support your assertion that Wiggins was > Armstrong within a year.

Does it not show he was 36 seconds < Armstrong :p

TRENDING THREADS