• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1565 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
Another article from 2012.This time from Ashenden:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/opinion-michael-ashenden-on-omerta-101/

"Despite the self-serving data bending and associated propaganda to the contrary, I am led to believe that there are pockets of organised, highly sophisticated dopers even within ‘new age’ cycling teams. Personally, I don’t accept that the ‘dark era’ has ended, it has just morphed into a new guise."

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Wiggo's Package said:

"Despite the self-serving data bending and associated propaganda to the contrary, I am led to believe that there are pockets of organised, highly sophisticated dopers even within ‘new age’ cycling teams. Personally, I don’t accept that the ‘dark era’ has ended, it has just morphed into a new guise."

Its a shame that Ashenden fell out with the UCI over the ABP as he had a lot of things to say.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2012/oct/20/doping-team-sky-cyclin

Stand out from this article is the following

"There are questions that need to be asked," he said. "They [Sky] have zero tolerance for doping. Great. But what constitutes doping according to them? Is it an anti-doping rule violation? Is it grounds for suspicion? Or are they merely relying on what the athlete tells them?

Abusing the TUE system it would seem doesn't constitute doping ......

Re: Re:

B_Ugli said:
Wiggo's Package said:

Its a shame that Ashenden fell out with the UCI over the ABP as he had a lot of things to say.

"There are questions that need to be asked," he said. "They [Sky] have zero tolerance for doping. Great. But what constitutes doping according to them? Is it an anti-doping rule violation? Is it grounds for suspicion? Or are they merely relying on what the athlete tells them?

lappartient just been on (BBC) 6 o clock news seeking a UCI investigation into sky and saying clearly that the Wiggins was 'cheating'...assuming the the findings of the report are correct (which he is taking them to be)

i would like to think they may start retesting some stored samples for what's in them rather than what's not...perhaps start tying up public statements versus what's in the pee/blood...

gillan1969 said:
B_Ugli said:
Wiggo's Package said:

lappartient just been on (BBC) 6 o clock news seeking a UCI investigation into sky and saying clearly that the Wiggins was 'cheating'...assuming the the findings of the report are correct (which he is taking them to be)

i would like to think they may start retesting some stored samples for what's in them rather than what's not...perhaps start tying up public statements versus what's in the pee/blood...

Could start to get really interesting now...

Could it become Froome's record equalling 5th win :lol:

If it does I'll die of irony

macbindle said:
gillan1969 said:
B_Ugli said:
Wiggo's Package said:

Could start to get really interesting now...

Could it become Froome's record equalling 5th win :lol:

If it does I'll die of irony

you must be forgetting that froome is in SKY as well and is even dodgier than Wiggins

there could be quite a few asterisks...around 5 :)

gillan1969 said:
He's calling on the CADF to see if rules were broken - that's the 'independent' CADF, funded primarily by teams and race organisers and lately more intent on shooting fish in a barrel in Latin America than in doing something challenging - and did Lappartient really say Wiggins cheated or did he just frame it in an ethical dimension? (Hey, Disrepute fans, wake up, he's talking your language, just like McQuaid did with Boonen.)

gillan1969 said:
macbindle said:
@ gillan1969 Not forgotten, know he's dodgier....hence the irony.

Not forgotten also that the issue around 2012 surrounds Wiggins not Froome.

I'd like to think the 2012 will fade into relative insignificance when we find out how froome 'just lost the fat' (and added the power)....

so will we need either another whistleblower or some more Fancy-Bears work?

pastronef said:
gillan1969 said:
macbindle said:

I'd like to think the 2012 will fade into relative insignificance when we find out how froome 'just lost the fat' (and added the power)....

we'll need something...but like Armstrong and like Thatcher and like the once invincible state leaders of the bad-old east pre-Berlin Wall fall....when the tide turns, it can turn very quickly...

things that look stable and solid may not be quite so...

or at least, here's hoping :)

gillan1969 said:
pastronef said:
gillan1969 said:
macbindle said:

we'll need something...but like Armstrong and like Thatcher and like the once invincible state leaders of the bad-old east pre-Berlin Wall fall....when the tide turns, it can turn very quickly...

things that look stable and solid may not be quite so...

or at least, here's hoping :)

here´s not :D

Re:

red_flanders said:
Given Wiggo's utter lack results on the road before he all of a sudden became a GT ride (unless one considers getting dropped from the grupetto a result), I'd dare to say his transformation was dodgier than even Froome's. And that's saying something.

I'm not sure about that ~ at the time I found it moderately believable. I actually found the way his domestiques rode harder to believe. And that included Froomey. He and Rogers in 2012 were insane.

The Hegelian said:
red_flanders said:
Given Wiggo's utter lack results on the road before he all of a sudden became a GT ride (unless one considers getting dropped from the grupetto a result), I'd dare to say his transformation was dodgier than even Froome's. And that's saying something.

I'm not sure about that ~ at the time I found it moderately believable. I actually found the way his domestiques rode harder to believe. And that included Froomey. He and Rogers in 2012 were insane.

What a bit Richie ? I thought Froome didn't do that much in the TDF 2012, just sat in the train most of the time, well that was the narrative when people said he could won the TDF himself if it wasn't for the dom work he did for Wiggins and Wiggins fans said he did very little dom work and that was partly responsible for the spat with Wiggins wife and his wife.

fmk_RoI said:
gillan1969 said:
He's calling on the CADF to see if rules were broken - that's the 'independent' CADF, funded primarily by teams and race organisers and lately more intent on shooting fish in a barrel in Latin America than in doing something challenging - and did Lappartient really say Wiggins cheated or did he just frame it in an ethical dimension? (Hey, Disrepute fans, wake up, he's talking your language, just like McQuaid did with Boonen.)

CADF and LADS have already looked at it apparently:

https://twitter.com/petercossins/status/971693847867809792

Re:

Wiggo's Package said:
It's all the fanboys' fault! :D

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/cycling/team-sky-rise-and-fall-sad-parable-human-nature-bradley-wiggins-dave-brailsford-a8247016.html

"If the rise and fall of Team Sky teaches us anything at all, it is that people would far rather be told a beautiful lie than the ugly truth"
If the rise and fall of Team Sky teaches us anything at all, it is that two-bit hacks will find some way to spin the story so it's all about them...