• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1584 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

Angliru said:
Uran did get the second step on the podium at the Tour after leaving Sky. Porte had a lot of success in major week long stage races but of course he still can't finish what he starts in grand tours.

Porte is an abject failure.

Uran did ok. But he may have won the Giro that Wiggins phucked up.

May 21, 2010
Visit site

thehog said:
<<<SNIP>>>
The high cost of large severance payments for ex-employees, Froome’s defense bill, Wiggins fallout PR took its toll. Cheating became too expensive for Sky. Freeman’s suspension coming up soon would have been the last straw. Best to get ahead of the curve and let Wiggins and co. fight it out in the media.

Now all theses crappy doms who thought they had talent will be really crap and have to take a 20% pay cut at their next team - if they can find a next team.

Like Postal to Discovery?

Benotti69 said:
Angliru said:
Uran did get the second step on the podium at the Tour after leaving Sky. Porte had a lot of success in major week long stage races but of course he still can't finish what he starts in grand tours.

No sky agenda, but I like to call out crap when I see it. And this is crap. I

simoni said:
Benotti69 said:
Angliru said:

No sky agenda, but I like to call out crap when I see it. And this is crap. I
Not really. Sure Porte was great in the one week stage races and as a domestique, but each time he had a chance to ride for himself at a GT he fell apart - see the 2014 TdF and 2015 Giro.

If Uran didn't have to babysit Wigans in the rain only for him to withdraw at the 2013 Giro, yes, Uran would have had a realistic chance at winning considering how the rest of the race turned out. You can't fluke second place in a GT with a time penalty like that.

Re:

TourOfSardinia said:
Kick a team when it is down?

Blythe: We race on passion at Lotto not bullsh*t marginal gains
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/blythe-we-race-on-passion-at-lotto-not-***-marginal-gains/
;)
Blythe talks as though he's a rider with Boonenesque palmares rather than someone who got a job at Lotto because Ben Swift turned them down.

Also he's unlikely to kick Sky seeing as his partner and mother of his child has worked for Sky throughout their existence

CTQ said:
TourOfSardinia said:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/blythe-we-race-on-passion-at-lotto-not-***-marginal-gains/
;)

a kind of marginal gains perharps........http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/lotto-soudal-boss-defends-ethics-as-de-gendt-uses-altitude-tent-ahead-of-dauphine/

giphy.gif

rick james said:
CTQ said:
TourOfSardinia said:

;)

a kind of marginal gains perharps........http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/lotto-soudal-boss-defends-ethics-as-de-gendt-uses-altitude-tent-ahead-of-dauphine/

giphy.gif

Seems Blythe picked the wrong team. Kevin De Weert in search of marginal gains story:

https://plus.lesoir.be/196108/article/2018-12-17/lotto-soudal-veut-ameliorer-ses-competences

This Freeman thing is pretty big. If he's gets suspended then we have hard, legal, substantive and irrefutable evidence of doping practices at BS and Sky.

That has always been the retort by the defenders: "Show me the actual evidence."

Well, be careful what you wish for!

How many bullets have been dodged so far? Sooner or later, one will get through, and I reckon this will be the one.

Re:

The Hegelian said:
This Freeman thing is pretty big. If he's gets suspended then we have hard, legal, substantive and irrefutable evidence of doping practices at BS and Sky.

That has always been the retort by the defenders: "Show me the actual evidence."

How many bullets have been dodged so far? Sooner or later, one will get through, and I reckon this will be the one.

He could get suspended for a manner of things, it doesnt mean that it HARD evidence of Sky doping IMO.

MartinGT said:
The Hegelian said:

He could get suspended for a manner of things, it doesnt mean that it HARD evidence of Sky doping IMO.

Lies, it’s doping, it’s always doping

It's loads of testosterone covertly delivered to the head cycling doctor in the bloody main British Cycling velodrome!

Does anyone seriously think it is some weird tin-foil-hat conspiracy to make an inference about doping?? Bearing in mind of course, the British Parliament itself initiated this, and it is being pursued by the medical board.

You have to be rather tin-foil-hat to infer otherwise.

Re:

The Hegelian said:
It's loads of testosterone covertly delivered to the head cycling doctor in the bloody main British Cycling velodrome!

Does anyone seriously think it is some weird tin-foil-hat conspiracy to make an inference about doping?? Bearing in mind of course, the British Parliament itself initiated this, and it is being pursued by the medical board.

You have to be rather tin-foil-hat to infer otherwise.

Except the reality is that unless an athlete is silly enough to dob themselves in for doping, then the best scenario for UKAD is the provision where an athlete support person commits an anti-doping violation for having banned substances at their premises.

Who says it was a Team Sky programme? It might have been a Richard Freeman programme.

That is the thing about doping, even if a given team's management are completely ethical (Not Sky :lol: ) there isn't a lot they can do if one cyclist decides to go and dope.

We have to be careful drawing conclusions, after all, if the reports about other Sky doctors trying to stop Freeman doping....ahem, I mean treating...Wiggins are true it would suggest that some or most of them were acting ethically.