• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1589 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

rick james said:
Back to bitching it seems, again it looks like winning a race gets more attention than actually getting busted for EPO
So... somebody comments on Tao winning races, consensus view is that actually it seems like logical development for a guy who's shown his talent at a young age. Somebody posts a picture querying something in a picture that looks odd, this is shown to be something totally innocent and everybody agrees on that. And you jump in to complain that people are bitching about the team?

I mean, it looks an awful lot to me like people are saying, "so... Geogeghan Hart. Is this something we should consider dubious?" and everybody else saying "to be honest, at the moment, not really".

There's plenty of occasions where your complaints about bias and myopic focus on Sky have some reasonable foundations. Here, they really don't.

Re: Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
rick james said:
Back to bitching it seems, again it looks like winning a race gets more attention than actually getting busted for EPO
So... somebody comments on Tao winning races, consensus view is that actually it seems like logical development for a guy who's shown his talent at a young age. Somebody posts a picture querying something in a picture that looks odd, this is shown to be something totally innocent and everybody agrees on that. And you jump in to complain that people are bitching about the team?

I mean, it looks an awful lot to me like people are saying, "so... Geogeghan Hart. Is this something we should consider dubious?" and everybody else saying "to be honest, at the moment, not really".

There's plenty of occasions where your complaints about bias and myopic focus on Sky have some reasonable foundations. Here, they really don't.

my gripe is this thread is busier with sky wining a race when infact if the clinic was a force for good the busier thread should be the Pantano EPO bust....but its not, its almost like people want to moan about the big bad Brits yet take their eye off the real ball...I mean we had people saying the feel sorry for Pantano...bonkers

rick james said:
Libertine Seguros said:
rick james said:

my gripe is this thread is busier with sky wining a race when infact if the clinic was a force for good the busier thread should be the Pantano EPO bust....but its not, its almost like people want to moan about the big bad Brits yet take their eye off the real ball...I mean we had people saying the feel sorry for Pantano...bonkers
There's nothing new in the Pantano case.

Since then Sky have won 3 of 5 stages and GC at a WT race :eek:

42x16ss said:
rick james said:
Libertine Seguros said:
rick james said:

Tour of the Alps is not a World Tour race. They had practically no competition apart from Nibali and Majka.

Re: Sky

maxresdefault.jpg

Re: Sky

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cycling/48121132
Ineos will pull its backing if its new cycling team are caught cheating or doping, says owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe.

Team Sky formally became Team Ineos on Wednesday, having enjoyed unrivalled success with Sky's decade-long backing - winning eight Grand Tours.

But they have also faced several controversies and allegations of cheating.

"We did our due diligence. I have absolutely no interest in cheating or drugs," Ratcliffe told BBC Sport.

"The day that any of that enters our world we'll be exiting that world."

Doc Freeman just felt a whole lot worse.

therealthing said:
42x16ss said:
rick james said:
Libertine Seguros said:
rick james said:

Tour of the Alps is not a World Tour race. They had practically no competition apart from Nibali and Majka.
With 1st and 2nd year pros, I will add.

No...he said he had no interest in cheating.

How could he know if they are doping other than if they are caught, given that he stated he had no interest in cheating?

The one thing the guy wont be is naive. He knows the history of Sky and cycling. He is in exactly the same position of any sponsor who doesn't want their brand tainted by scandal, and that is he can only stop doping by stopping the 'team' if the doping is caught.

rick james said:
ok tell me what this thread proves about doping?

Nothing.

But that isn't what is interesting about this thread. What is interesting is the fact that a wealthy UK man has taken on a team that have been mired in scandal for years and attached his company's name to it. Quite a risk given that Ineos are not widely known, but could become so for all the wrong reasons.

It is interesting to ponder what he is getting himself into...TUE abuse, jiffy bags, testosterone patches, notorious doping doctor, stolen laptops and zero record keeping, government committee hearings and General Medical Council investigations, evasion and blatant lies.

Re:

macbindle said:
rick james said:
ok tell me what this thread proves about doping?

Nothing.

But that isn't what is interesting about this thread. What is interesting is the fact that a wealthy UK man has taken on a team that have been mired in scandal for years and attached his company's name to it. Quite a risk given that Ineos are not widely known, but could become so for all the wrong reasons.

It is interesting to ponder what he is getting himself into...TUE abuse, jiffy bags, testosterone patches, notorious doping doctor, stolen laptops and zero record keeping, government committee hearings and General Medical Council investigations, evasion and blatant lies.

Whilst I don't disagree generally with what you say macbindle....
INEOS is a privately owned UK multinational chemicals company headquartered in London, UK, and with registered offices in Lyndhurst, Hampshire, UK and London, United Kingdom. It is in the top two chemicals companies in the world as measured by sales revenue currently around $90 billion.

...I don't think any sort of scandal, doping or otherwise, that cycling may throw at INEOS, is going to make the slightest difference whatsoever to their business overall.

It is interesting though. Let's see if Jim stands by his words should push come to shove.

^^No doubt. When a rider just kind of disappears without explanation.

He apparently will ride the ToC, although the CN article said only that he "is likely to..."

Ratcliffe is looking pretty shrewd to pick up the team, given that if Bernal goes to the TdF you could well see an Ineos podium. That's some serious media exposure.

TourOfSardinia said:
Simurgh said:
Heard about it too somewhere else on the web. Supposedly the rumours indicate a connection to an ongoing case/investigation. Hope it isn't true, this is the last thing cycling needs.
just wandered into the clinic ?

:lol: but for real, I’d like to believe that it is a minority who dopes, even though the truth might be more grim than that. I just don’t want to endure another round of cycling bashing. While Moscon isn’t a household name like Froome or Contador, he is a bigger fish than Pantano.