• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1016 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Don't be late Pedro said:
Ok, I'll bite... what is the relevance of this in the Sky thread?

i suppose he meant it as some hint about txema gonzales, the sky soigneur, may he rest in peace. it's a very sensible subject and i'm not that stupid to talk about something that hurts so much but i'd say absolutely everything is possible in life and a little bit more in pro cycling
De mortuis nihil nisi bene.

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
Hmmmm... .

you should be banned for pointless bumping threads

clinic 12 members appearing more and more ridiculous after years of not having anything to fuel their belief

one questions for the mods : can i post stupid things, from time to time, in threads of people i don't like just to bump them? and i mean, plain stupid things without any connection with the topic.

EnacheV said:

clinic 12 members appearing more and more ridiculous after years of not having anything to fuel their belief

one questions for the mods : can i post stupid things, from time to time, in threads of people i don't like just to bump them? and i mean, plain stupid things without any connection with the topic.

Not a mod, but of course you can't. Well I guess technically you can but it wouldn't be appreciated.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
just cheer u fool!

However I like Ian Stannard as a rider, see, not a Sky hater after all, I found it amazing he couldnt cheer when he crossed the line winning HET VOLK yesterday. What was that all about? His biggest win ever and no hands in the air? Is there more coming from the Sky classics squad?

The sky 1 3 yesterday is significant because one popular defense of sky has been the extremely flawed (flawed because it's not like ups for example did much in classics)- oh if they dope why don't they win the classics.

Well yesterday they won a little bit of something. Well see where that goes anyway.

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
However I like Ian Stannard as a rider, see, not a Sky hater after all, I found it amazing he couldnt cheer when he crossed the line winning HET VOLK yesterday. What was that all about? His biggest win ever and no hands in the air? Is there more coming from the Sky classics squad?
Stannard crossed the line without raising his arms but it was not because he was overwhelmed by his achievement. “No, I just wanted to make sure I got across the line first,” he laughed. “I was a bit cold and I didn’t want to sit up and put my arms up and have Greg come around me. I just wanted to get across the line, that was the priority.”
Full article

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au

He mentioned something about waiting to win first. Wet and cold he didn't want to stuff it up. Smart move imo.

I appreciate his attitude and predilection for poor weather racing, and he certainly does the miles.

Will be interesting to see if the training marginal gain magic has percolated down to the classics riders.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I read that too, thanks Pedro, he also didnt raise his arms after the finish, it looked like 'just another day at the office' to me. His kick behind Greg van Second Coming is my Hobby Avermaet was pretty impressive.

All in all a nice win for Stannard, one rider I grant [ not knowing this is the right wording ] these things.

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I read that too, thanks Pedro, he also didnt raise his arms after the finish, it looked like 'just another day at the office' to me. His kick behind Greg van Second Coming is my Hobby Avermaet was pretty impressive.

All in all a nice win for Stannard, one rider I grant [ not knowing this is the right wording ] these things.
Sorry I missed that. Yes, I can only assume he was just tired. I think rather than a kick he just got the jump on him when he was looking round. A few more metres and GVA would have got him.

Still, lets wait and see what happens when Stannard does the PR/RVV double ;)

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
The Hitch said:
The sky 1 3 yesterday is significant because one popular defense of sky has been the extremely flawed (flawed because it's not like ups for example did much in classics)- oh if they dope why don't they win the classics.

Well yesterday they won a little bit of something. Well see where that goes anyway.

The opinion that they don't do well in the classics is a response to the suggestion that they 'must dope as they dominate the season from start to finish'. It's a subtle difference

Irrelevant though as they have historically done very well at both Omloop and KBK.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I missed that. Yes, I can only assume he was just tired. I think rather than a kick he just got the jump on him when he was looking round. A few more metres and GVA would have got him.

Still, lets wait and see what happens when Stannard does the PR/RVV double ;)
Stannard for Vlaanderen, Twiggles for Roubaix. Would be good for the Cyclingnews add sponsors ;)

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
The Hitch said:

that's ********, find somebody saying they don't dope because they suck in april.

the explanation for sky not doing well in 1 day races was because they are inept tactically, retards, etc

now them winning something is another proof of doping :cool: i don't know if few of you guys start noticed how ridiculously you look saying same whishfful thinking stuff for 2 years+ already.

Stannard has always gone well in one day, hard races such as the Het Volk, last years classic season was a write off as the boffins thought they needed to go to tenerife to win.

If Stannard had been pack fodder and hadn't finished a decent race in the front group and then won yesterday by sprinting off there front and making the rest look stupid then alarm bells would be ringing for sure.

There's no doubt that the Tour squad is dodgy. The classics squad I'm happy to give the benefit of the doubt until I hear different.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
I had read it, but not from someone I consider reputable (?) in a source that could easily be refuted or have people disagree with.
It was well known - was being the operative word, soigneur used to be the ones getting the drugs, and as the were not medically trained they experimented with products and doses. That role is now done by the Doctors, that's why they were brought in and why a guy like Hendershot finished as a soigneur by the late 90s.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
EnacheV said:

Rh0GbbW.gif

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
It was well known - was being the operative word, soigneur used to be the ones getting the drugs, and as the were not medically trained they experimented with products and doses. That role is now done by the Doctors, that's why they were brought in and why a guy like Hendershot finished as a soigneur by the late 90s.
So, Kerrison is always walking like a bunny you are saying?

;)

TRENDING THREADS