• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1097 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
I really don't see why Motoman is relevant, really, beyond the obvious memetic potential (which is hilarious). It's not hard to conceive that people might actually make friends when working together, even on nefarious schemes.

Relevance in cycling is also nepotistic.

The relevance also is Armstrong named motoman as a having delivered PEDs.

Benotti69 said:
Relevance in cycling is also nepotistic.

The relevance also is Armstrong named motoman as a having delivered PEDs.
I know what Motoman did, thankyouverymuch.

Motoman still owns a bike shop and does repairs in an area where several Sky riders are based and he's personal friends with Yates. I honestly don't see what's suspicious about Motoman himself, unless he's been tracked following Sky around in their races. It's just, it's a very tiny deal in the mount Everest of hints on what Sky might be doing.

hrotha said:

Motoman still owns a bike shop and does repairs in an area where several Sky riders are based and he's personal friends with Yates. I honestly don't see what's suspicious about Motoman himself, unless he's been tracked following Sky around in their races. It's just, it's a very tiny deal in the mount Everest of hints on what Sky might be doing.

So you think its ok for someone who supplied drugs to someone to meet up with a team still?

A team that is fighting of claims of doping after a meteoric rise of the likes of Froome, Porte etc.

A team that says its a zero tolerance yet one of their DS's (who worked for the team that had one of the largest doping programmes ever) was meeting up with this man?

You think that doesnt cast further doubt on the team?

MartinGT said:
So you think its ok for someone who supplied drugs to someone to meet up with a team still?

A team that is fighting of claims of doping after a meteoric rise of the likes of Froome, Porte etc.

A team that says its a zero tolerance yet one of their DS's (who worked for the team that had one of the largest doping programmes ever) was meeting up with this man?

You think that doesnt cast further doubt on the team?
It casts the tiniest shadow of doubt on the team, compared to everything else we have. There's a difference between it being poor PR and it being actual smoke, in my opinion.

The problem is not that Yates hanged out with his old pal Motoman (yes, friendships are real, and they develop among crooks too). The problem is that Yates was a DS in the first place.

Motoman is mostly comic relief.

hrotha said:
It casts the tiniest shadow of doubt on the team, compared to everything else we have. There's a difference between it being poor PR and it being actual smoke, in my opinion.

The problem is not that Yates hanged out with his old pal Motoman (yes, friendships are real, and they develop among crooks too). The problem is that Yates was a DS in the first place.

Motoman is mostly comic relief.

This...

<10 char>

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
hrotha said:
I really don't see why Motoman is relevant, really, beyond the obvious memetic potential (which is hilarious). It's not hard to conceive that people might actually make friends when working together, even on nefarious schemes.

Motoman is the least of Sky's problems. You'd think if he was still ferrying bags around at races someone would notice him. The Maire story is an irrelevance in terms of the wider story.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:

You know what, that weak excuse dont wash. There must be loads of bike shops in the area.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Ripper said:
It's interesting how militant some of the sky fans are becoming in the comments sections below stories. I'm not talking about the argumentative types (as that is understandable), but the ones that just call you some pretty interesting names if you insinuate doping of their hero(s).

Maybe they've simply learned the rules of the game from the 'regulars'.

Nathan12 said:
Motoman is the least of Sky's problems. You'd think if he was still ferrying bags around at races someone would notice him. The Maire story is an irrelevance in terms of the wider story.
Who said Motoman was ferrying bags around at races for SKY ?
He simply has personal access to Richie and Froomey because he's taking care of their bike in Nice and Brailsford just said he was introduced by Yates.

By the way cool livestrong yellow bands on the Maire-Yates picture ;-)
So to set-up SKY the staff and road-captains were former USPS guys: Yates, Maire, Barry. There were former Rabo guys: Flecha, De Jongh, Leinders... former CSC guys: Sunderland, Nygaard, Julich, Arvesen

Hmm nice choice Dave !

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
ScienceIsCool said:
If I remember correctly, that used to be the spot one would keep an amphetamine pill for the last hour of a race... It's not so obvious with black shorts though.

John Swanson

i'm sure it's an EPO pill

edit: or maybe an M&M ? Science is so cool.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
lllludo said:
By the way cool livestrong yellow bands on the Maire-Yates picture ;-)
So to set-up SKY the staff and road-captains were former USPS guys: Yates, Maire, Barry. There were former Rabo guys: Flecha, De Jongh, Leinders... former CSC guys: Sunderland, Nygaard, Julich, Arvesen

Hmm nice choice Dave !
compelling point.
and a guy like sciandri in the background.

How is that famous saying again? Something with 1+1.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Not cycling but linked it in as it's in reference to Dr. Steve Peters with Sky and British Cycling. Rodgers has warned other clubs from snatching him away from Liverpool and I seen last week his role has increased there with him turning up to games now in Liverpool gear. He's getting a lot of media attention at the moment.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ds-off-Liverpools-mind-guru-Steve-Peters.html

I'd love to know what's the big deal with him in comparison to others. It's not as if sports psychologists are anything new to sport with guys like Willi Railo around.

I've seen respected journalists like Michael Calvin big him up as well.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
gooner said:
Not cycling but linked it in as it's in reference to Dr. Steve Peters with Sky and British Cycling. Rodgers has warned other clubs from snatching him away from Liverpool and I seen last week his role has increased there with him turning up to games now in Liverpool gear. He's getting a lot of media attention at the moment.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ds-off-Liverpools-mind-guru-Steve-Peters.html

I'd love to know what's the big deal with him in comparison to others. It's not as if sports psychologists are anything new to sport with guys like Willi Railo around.

I've seen respected journalists like Michael Calvin big him up as well.

Keep in mind he is the Dr interviewed by Walsh to give Froome's BP profile the all clear...

Wait what!? :confused:

TRENDING THREADS