• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Team Visma - Lease a Bike

Page 83 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
That last TT was for all the haters, the 1-2 punch. I remember spending a good time of the 1st week arguing back and forth with Roglic extremists and other people who thought Wout was riding selfish, they wouldn't stand a chance against Pogi etc. etc.

They proved them all, Wout is the best rider in the world, Vingegaard is the best climber and they have the absolute best and most versatile team around them, ready to bury themselves 110% for their leaders day in and day out. Best team effort I have seen through 3 weeks, the friendship and bonds between these guys is amazing!

Benji and Patrick of the Lanterne Rouge Cycling Podcast just admitted to being consultants for Jumbo-Visma since February. So much for them being independent analysts.
Benji is a Belgian Pozzato couch fan boy, don't know why you are concerned about independence, he's never raced and is not at the cutting edge of journalism.

Don't know much about lanterns rouge

Benji is a Belgian Pozzato couch fan boy, don't know why you are concerned about independence, he's never raced and is not at the cutting edge of journalism.

Don't know much about lanterns rouge
Fair point. He's now bringing up the defense that he's not a journalist, but a 'content creator', aka someone with the ethical standards of a cucumber.

View: https://twitter.com/BenjiNaesen/status/1550903237401780225

Fair point. He's now bringing up the defense that he's not a journalist, but a 'content creator', aka someone with the ethical standards of a cucumber.

View: https://twitter.com/BenjiNaesen/status/1550903237401780225
To be honest I don't really understand what Benji naesen does and what words are best used to define it. So I tried to investigate a little bit

Seems like he just tweet a lot about being a Belgian pozzato fan boy and some tactics about jumbo visma. And then he joins in on a podcast that tells you what you saw with your own eyes 5 hours ago.

He seems to be just a fan(boy) like the rest of us, but some how has a platform on social medias, I think because he played video games, and so always gives his opinions, and made money doing that.

He's not a journalist and described himself as an 'influencer' for a while. To describe him as a journalist would be implying he has something interesting to say. Apparently he has journalistic access to races or something though.

But yeah, he basically has a platform where people eat up his opinions and he apparently gets press access to races, but he never actually has to ask difficult questions or investigate authority, and can also help certain teams. He also cannot really be held to accountability. Seems a shame that that can happen.

But he didn't race, he didn't work in the sport, don't know why jumbo took him. I guess Belgian pozzato needed another cheerleader .

To be honest I don't really understand what Benji naesen does and what words are best used to define it. So I tried to investigate a little bit

Seems like he just tweet a lot about being a Belgian pozzato fan boy and some tactics about jumbo visma. And then he joins in on a podcast that tells you what you saw with your own eyes 5 hours ago.

He seems to be just a fan(boy) like the rest of us, but some how has a platform on social medias, I think because he played video games, and so always gives his opinions, and made money doing that.

He's not a journalist and described himself as an 'influencer' for a while. To describe him as a journalist would be implying he has something interesting to say. Apparently he has journalistic access to races or something though.

But yeah, he basically has a platform where people eat up his opinions and he apparently gets press access to races, but he never actually has to ask difficult questions or investigate authority, and can also help certain teams. He also cannot really be held to accountability. Seems a shame that that can happen.

But he didn't race, he didn't work in the sport, don't know why jumbo took him. I guess Belgian pozzato needed another cheerleader .

When he was not known yet he used to go around cycling forums claiming to be the brother of Oliver Naesen to garner attention