• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Kits? Your Views.......

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
usedtobefast said:
those guys looked good in all the breaks they were in italian=style

should be a bit cheaper now it is winter.

Interestingly I see Specialized have cut their contract with ISD for next season so I wonder if Cippo is still involved with the team

I used to wear a Saeco kit some years ago, but now I prefer Italian National jersey, the first version worn by Cippo in Zolder and now the Varese version...all on my mtb...;)

20091020_035_19228_VARESE_S.jpg

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
just a question. do they sell the nat, world, TDF kits? why? they ant you to wear them. Personally, i would only wear team, but that is not because the others are off limits, (teams look better) what is the different if people wear the soccer world cup winning teams stuff, nothing. Kits are a mutli million dollar entersprise, and if there was a issue with wearing them then they would not sell them. (copied version aside) I have been envolved in many sports other the years, and cycling is one of the only that have a fear of wearing merchandise.

if you want to do it, do it, and if you don't like it grow up. :)

thats mine two cents worth.

El Imbatido said:
What are your views on wearing a team kit whilst out riding? This topic has been on the bikeradar forums a few times and whilst the UK verdict IIRC was in the balance either way i wondered what the more Aussie and American crowd thought about it?

My views on it are as such:

1. Team kits are fine. Where i live in Australia i see people out in team kits all the time and not just protour kits. I've seen LPR, Cervelo and plenty of older gen kits ie. ONCE, the yellow Saunier Duval kit (i guess also for it's brightness), T-mobile (also the same reason i guess). I just about always wear my Silence Lotto, Astana or CSC kit. I love them.

2. National Champion kits i dont like. I guess it is sort of a 'you should earn it' kit and also the Champion Of Australia kit is shithouse, looks gay and i wouldn't be caught dead in it and i would try to crush them if i saw someone wearing one.

3. Same with world champion kits. I see them as more as a 'earn it type kit' and again i don't think white is a real good colour especially if you have to wash it.

4. Grand Tour Jerseys are a definete no-no. I don't think ive ever seen one of these in a bunch ride either. Also if i saw say a KOM jersey in the bunch it would definetely get the competetiveness going with me not leting up till i probably crushed them with my awesome display of quad power.;)

What are your thoughts???

Team kit, no problem, shows your support for the team. See how many people wear sports team jerseys? Same thing.

'Award' jerseys are a no-no. TdF, Giro, Polkadot, WCS, country's National champ jerseys, etc. are not a good idea.

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
Bustedknuckle said:
Team kit, no problem, shows your support for the team. See how many people wear sports team jerseys? Same thing.

'Award' jerseys are a no-no. TdF, Giro, Polkadot, WCS, country's National champ jerseys, etc. are not a good idea.

At a hockey game the other night I saw somebody wearing a replica of Peter Forsberg's Swedish Ntl. team jersey, very nice I might add. What's wrong with that?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
i kind of like some awards jerseys as they are specific to a rider. I saw a guy in a quickstep WC jersey, the wearer was a boonen fan, fair enough.

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
I don't mind other people wearing team kits. Don't know if i could reconcile with myself wearing them though. I've ummed and arred about it for ages. The thing that gets me is that riders and teams change so often that it's hard to know who or what you're supporting.

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
I don't know I think many of us, being cycling fans want to show our support but maybe we are afraid that eventually some one from the team we support will test positive:(

I would most certainly where a rainbow jersey or a national team jersey as long as it is clear that I support the rider/ I mane I'm a fan. Paolo B or Ballan or Cadel? I would also love to have some retro gear like Eddies old kit or an old seven eleven jersey.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
If it looks good, fits well, is good quality (particularly chamois) and can be fitted into my family budget, then I'm happy to buy and wear it.
Do you look more like a poseur wearing team kit or full Assos kit??

A

Anonymous

I used to think the whole team kit thing was silly, like white guys from the suburbs with dreadlocks. But then.....
rvbzlt.jpg

I made my own kit!

A

Anonymous

TheDude said:
I'm with you. Personal or local club kit always kewl!

I guess its "personal"... but its also my business, so I sponsor myself.

262s8bl.jpg

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
blaxland said:
if the clothes fit...wear it.....enough said............

One of the reasons I don't wear pro team kits, they all seem to be made for tiny people. Santini seem to be the worst, I can wear a medium sized one of their short sleeve jerseys (albeit a little short in the torso), but in a long sleeve jersey even the XXL is about two inches short in the arms. It's as if when they change the size of a jersey the only dimension they change is the girdth, the body length and arm length stay the same across the board.

badboyberty said:
One of the reasons I don't wear pro team kits, they all seem to be made for tiny people. Santini seem to be the worst, I can wear a medium sized one of their short sleeve jerseys (albeit a little short in the torso), but in a long sleeve jersey even the XXL is about two inches short in the arms. It's as if when they change the size of a jersey the only dimension they change is the girdth, the body length and arm length stay the same across the board.

The funny thing is that is what I find nice about some of them. I get frustrated with the "club fit" that a lot of companies put out. As near as I can tell, "club fit" means "sized for the fat--err big boned--American with a generous mid-section." Anyone with a waist significantly smaller than their chest size ends up with billowing fabric around their middle.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
dont know.. im torn.. years ago when riding if i wasnt wearing club strip i would wear my old pdm one, mainly because back then the quality of the pro team kits was way better than the plain kits available...

now riding recreationally i just have good old plain kit, scott mainly, shimano shoes, wife has polaris shirts and jacket, and some 3/4 legs or other... see people now in pro kit and i think it just looks daft...

couple of guys near us, one in cervelho head to toe, sidi shoes, cervelho bike, just makes me think what an arrogant **** and puts me off ever considering club riding and competing again if how good your bike is and how your kit matches up is the criteria.. we also have several members of the gb squad if kits are to be beleived..

i certainly think national and world champions jerseys and tour jerseys are out.. pro shirts, ok, its only a bit of fun.. but head to toe, including matching bike just makes me think you probably aint that good, just got more money than me..

PDM ruled. Id still wear it but that was a long time ago and a few bagels ago

the greatest of all time were PDM. WORD PERFECT and FASSO BARTOLO