• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Team Movistar-thread

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
After BMC had luck enough to let their twitter antics influence the jury, it was a pretty good stage today. Soler have really improved this year and Valverde is just being Valverde.

Pal, are you still bitter?

It wasn't the twitter antics that influenced the jury, it was the rules, who explicitly say that you can't push a rider of your own team during a TTT and that in the event of a penalty, that penalty is the same for all members of the team. Got it? The problem was the jury, not BMC.

Re: Re:

Ricco' said:
Valv.Piti said:
After BMC had luck enough to let their twitter antics influence the jury, it was a pretty good stage today. Soler have really improved this year and Valverde is just being Valverde.

It wasn't the twitter antics that influenced the jury, it was the rules, who explicitly say that you can't push a rider of your own team during a TTT and that in the event of a penalty, that penalty is the same for all members of the team. Got it? The problem was the jury, not BMC.

Are you blind?
There was no push.

And the problem were creeping BMC and Trek who influence the jury. At the very first, jury said that everything was all right.

Ricco' said:
Valv.Piti said:

Lol.

Pretty obvious it was

Cordi333 said:
Ricco' said:
Valv.Piti said:

Are you blind?
There was no push.

And the problem were creeping BMC and Trek who influence the jury. At the very first, jury said that everything was all right.

I just watched the first 42 minutes of a 59 minute telecast of the TTT stage on steephill.tv and if the two supposed incidents involving Rojas that I saw are what the jury was partially basing their decision on it appears to me that Movistar got shafted! Two separate riders roll off of the front, drifts to the rear of the paceline and Rojas touches their back/rear to let them know to slide in front of him. There was no push to the degree that he was propelling another rider if there was a push at all. I saw no extension of his arm that could've caused an acceleration in the riders that he "touched". There was no advantage gained. Seems a review of the footage repeatedly would have made this clear.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

Ricco' said:
Valv.Piti said:

What about riding on the sidewalks, running up a mountain without a bike, sticky bottles, etc?! What rules say about all that? If there were pushes, than ok, but anybody who saw the race knows that was no gain whatsoever for Movistar, Rojas only guided them. We'll see what happens in the future, my guess is that Movistar will complain for every little foul they can think of. Especially if they have some gain out of it. Running up a mountain won't get a free pass anymore if you ask me!

Angliru said:
Cordi333 said:
Ricco' said:
Valv.Piti said:

Are you blind?
There was no push.

I just watched the first 42 minutes of a 59 minute telecast of the TTT stage on steephill.tv and if the two supposed incidents involving Rojas that I saw are what the jury was partially basing their decision on it appears to me that Movistar got shafted! Two separate riders roll off of the front, drifts to the rear of the paceline and Rojas touches their back/rear to let them know to slide in front of him. There was no push to the degree that he was propelling another rider if there was a push at all. I saw no extension of his arm that could've caused an acceleration in the riders that he "touched". There was no advantage gained. Seems a review of the footage repeatedly would have made this clear.
I haven't rewatched it, but thats how I saw it as well.

The BMC and Trek personnel that filed the protest should be ashamed. Interesting that no other teams (that I've heard of) filed a complaint. Chris Froome should also be red faced considering all the unfair advantages that he and his team have had over the years that were not penalized

I like how Movistar's front page reads: Team Movistar sigue ganando, Movistar keeps winning. Like BMC never won.

And Valverde: I prefer not to further opine on what happened yesterday, everyone could see the images. Inwardly, we know we won that stage and we did it fairly. For the time being, our Volta can only be qualified as phenomenal.”

Re:

Angliru said:
The BMC and Trek personnel that filed the protest should be ashamed. Interesting that no other teams (that I've heard of) filed a complaint. Chris Froome should also be red faced considering all the unfair advantages that he and his team have had over the years that were not penalized

Really

Froome penalised for taking an energy gel from teamate
Porte while on Sky penalised for a wheel from another rider

None as bad as the team time trial infraction imo

Of course there was the movistar ridr who grabbed on to motorbike in tour unpunished

Angliru said:
Cordi333 said:
Ricco' said:
Valv.Piti said:

Are you blind?
There was no push.

I saw the same thing I noted it in the race thread. I was corrected by KingBoonen. I guess that is illegal. He thinks (and to an extent it convinced me as well) that it affected at least the 2 seconds. I am not sure if it had that much of an impact to punish them with the time that they got. having said that if that behavior is allowed then it will be abused in the future in TTT.

Re:

Moviestar said:
Soler really really impressive. Catalunya is of course his region, but never expected him to be that strong already.
Once he went all out and dropping Froome and Yates, it was clear Valverde was better than Contador and would snatch a comfortable victory. Otherwise it would have been the perfect leadout for Contador to drop Bala.

But yes, amazing performance. Hoping he will ride the Tour, Nairo can win the Giro with Kasper Klostergaard and the crew Contador got in 2011.

Valv.Piti said:
Moviestar said:
Soler really really impressive. Catalunya is of course his region, but never expected him to be that strong already.
Once he went all out and dropping Froome and Yates, it was clear Valverde was better than Contador and would snatch a comfortable victory. Otherwise it would have been the perfect leadout for Contador to drop Bala.

But yes, amazing performance. Hoping he will ride the Tour, Nairo can win the Giro with Kasper Klostergaard and the crew Contador got in 2011.

Unzue has the habit to exclude pepites like Soler from races like the Tour. He always chooses for experienced guys in GT's where the team can win the overall. The Vuelta could be a possibility where he can shine a la Fernandez,

Moviestar said:
Valv.Piti said:
Moviestar said:

Unzue has the habit to exclude pepites like Soler from races like the Tour. He always chooses for experienced guys in GT's where the team can win the overall. The Vuelta could be a possibility where he can shine a la Fernandez,
A Valverde-Soler combo would be juicy in La Vuelta as well.

Re:

Moviestar said:
Movistar apparently made a bid to Savio in order to sign Bernal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfpeMQkENhA&feature=youtu.be (around 2:00)

The future of the Androni squad is unsure and Movistar will be a good step forward for his development. Could be the jackpot signing for 2018.
They would have a pretty stupid team in the mountains for 2018 then. And plenty of young, potentially elite climbers in Soler, Bernal and to some extent Fernandez.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Valverde leads GC and mountains classification, Soler is 3rd and best young rider, Movistar leads team competition. I must admit I didn't see that coming :razz: Nairo and Bala won almost every race they enter, Froome shoud be afraid, very afraid :p

Movistar is likely to be Froome and Sky's only competition, yes. Nairo and Valverde are both on an extremely high level - I think Nairo is better than he has ever been and I'd say has reached his main peak (which is natural since he is 27 now) while Valverde is climbing on his best ever level, at least if he can do what he did in Catalunya on a consistent basis. As a team, they also are functioning extremely well and have many very capable domestiques.

GP Indurain :

Víctor de la Parte, Rubén Fernández, José Herrada, Gorka Izagirre, Dani Moreno, José Joaquín Rojas, Marc Soler, Alejandro Valverde.

Rioja :

Carlos Barbero, Jonathan Castroviejo, José Herrada, Gorka Izagirre, Dani Moreno, José Joaquín Rojas, Marc Soler, Rory Sutherland.

Ronde :

Jorge Arcas, Carlos Betancur, Nuno Bico, Héctor Carretero, Alex Dowsett, Imanol Erviti, Nelson Oliveira, Jasha Sütterlin

Pays Basque :

Víctor de la Parte, Rubén Fernández, José Herrada, Gorka Izagirre, Dani Moreno, Antonio Pedrero, Rory Sutherland, Alejandro Valverde.

Circuit de la Sarthe

Jorge Arcas, Carlos Barbero, Daniele Bennati, Carlos Betancur, Jonathan Castroviejo, Alex Dowsett.

Bennati not selected for RVV and races Sarthe instead :confused: