Teams & Riders Team Movistar-thread

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
Re:

Ryo Hazuki said:
I meant they will ride for the first time a gt together this vuelta
Who cares about that ***? Isn't that what we give the schlecks *** for? Brothers in racing makes it boring anyways
 
Re: Re:

Miburo said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
I meant they will ride for the first time a gt together this vuelta
Who cares about that ****? Isn't that what we give the schlecks **** for? Brothers in racing makes it boring anyways
Ryo: Oh ok, I thought so afterwards ;)

If they are equally good (well, close to), yes, but Nairo is three levels above Dayer and will likely always be a lot better. Talk about motivation for doing a good domestique job!
 
May 23, 2016
266
0
0
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Only caught the last 15, but it seemed mightily impressive what Dayer had done from my understanding. Vuelta 2016 inc.

Jesus I guess did as expected, he is no grimpeur. Maybe stage 7?
Yeah Dayer was really impressive. He'd go out really hard today and showed he's an promising rider at age 23. Should definitely ride the Vuelta alongside his brother. :cool:
 
Re:

Red Rick said:
I don't really get lil Dayer. He's no climber but wins TSL in january, and he also races stuff like Flanders. I dunno what to expect.
He's a weird case, but he definitely climbs well, otherwise you can't win San Luis. Seems much more all-round tho, simply just not the talent Alexander Rojas is.
 
Well Tour team is shaping up. Not sure about Ion because of the comment about not taking the strongest riders but the ones he feels more comfortable with. Hopefully he likes Ion.

His Movistar team for the Tour is taking shape, with 12 on the long list, but Alejandro Valverde, Imanol Erviti, Gorka Izaguirre, Jonathan Castroviejo and Winner Anacona sure bets.

"They are teammates with which I feel comfortable," Quintana said.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/quintana-to-cap-off-tour-de-france-preparation-in-route-du-sud/
 
Re:

Escarabajo said:
Well Tour team is shaping up. Not sure about Ion because of the comment about not taking the strongest riders but the ones he feels more comfortable with. Hopefully he likes Ion.

His Movistar team for the Tour is taking shape, with 12 on the long list, but Alejandro Valverde, Imanol Erviti, Gorka Izaguirre, Jonathan Castroviejo and Winner Anacona sure bets.

"They are teammates with which I feel comfortable," Quintana said.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/quintana-to-cap-off-tour-de-france-preparation-in-route-du-sud/
How much contact does Nairo have with Unzue while being in Colombia? Ion said he talked with Eusebio about changing his schedule, maybe Quintana doesn't know yet.
 
So going off of what the article has learned us:

100%
Nairo
Valv
Erviti
Castroviejo (who did a great prologue IMO)
Anacona
G. Izagirre

That leaves 6 spots for 3: Moreno, I. Izagirre, Jesus Herrada, Olivera, Ventoso and Dowsett. But lets exclude Dowsett for now since it seems unlikely.

Moreno is probably 90%. I expected him to do much better today, but Nairo also mentioned him and he should be in.
I noticed Ventoso is the only scheduled to do Sud along with Quintana after Dauphine. I think he is very comfortable with him, and again, going by the article, rather lesser riders who want to give 110%.
Jesus Herrada is flying, but isn't really a prototype of a helper. Good in all terrains tho.
Olivera is very strong. But comfortable is Nairo with him?
Ion Izagirre is the 3rd best rider on Movistar and has taken a step up this year. Without a doubt the strongest of those 5. Nairo knows him very well and has done multiple 1 weeks with Nairo as a co-leader or at least a 2nd option (much deserved also).

I say Ventoso, Moreno and Jesus Herrada/Ion Izagirre.
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,137
0
0
really looking forward to dayer. he ended dauphinee so strong. I think nairo will try to let him win as in san luis
 
Re: Dayer Quintana, I don't really think it's a good idea for Nairo to let him win another race. Would he do that for anyone else in the team? If not, then it would not reflect well on Nairo as a leader. Not that I think it's going to happen because I do think Nairo is a strong leader.
 
Re:

AlexNYC said:
Re: Dayer Quintana, I don't really think it's a good idea for Nairo to let him win another race. Would he do that for anyone else in the team? If not, then it would not reflect well on Nairo as a leader. Not that I think it's going to happen because I do think Nairo is a strong leader.
Nah, its totally different to San Luis. Its just training and fun for Nairo, while its a big race for Dayer. You can argue its the same case for Sud, but its 2 weeks before Le Tour, there is a completely other focus now Nairo should be waaay better than Dayer by now. Its interesting to see how well he goes, but no gifts unless he for some reason can hold on to Nairo. I got your point, but there won't be any problem and if there is, it won't be a 'problem' since Dayer is flying. :D

Decently hilly ITT today in Sud, its short, but good training. Hoping for a top-10 for Nairo, but its not too hard really.

In Suisse, I was sure Gorka had the jersey yesterday, but oh well, he didn't have it. Ion rode a lot better than the first MTF and has a legitimate shot of winning now. My favourite for the ITT. Anacona is progressing, I'd like to see him do really well today or the last stage.

http://www.ciclismoafondo.es/competicion/noticias-competicion/articulo/Entrevista-Ruben-Fernandez-mal-inicio-temporada-2016-caidas
One of my favourites on this team, a little article of Ruben Fernandez. Not the best year, but he will have a really got schedule for the remainder of the season where he can show how good he can be in the mountains. Glad he gets Burgos, a race I always follow in the summertime on some shitty stream, and obviously the big one:
Campeonatos de España, Clásica de San Sebastián, Circuito de Getxo, Vuelta a Burgos y Vuelta a España.
 
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
So going off of what the article has learned us:

100%
Nairo
Valv
Erviti
Castroviejo (who did a great prologue IMO)
Anacona
G. Izagirre

That leaves 6 spots for 3: Moreno, I. Izagirre, Jesus Herrada, Olivera, Ventoso and Dowsett. But lets exclude Dowsett for now since it seems unlikely.

Moreno is probably 90%. I expected him to do much better today, but Nairo also mentioned him and he should be in.
I noticed Ventoso is the only scheduled to do Sud along with Quintana after Dauphine. I think he is very comfortable with him, and again, going by the article, rather lesser riders who want to give 110%.
Jesus Herrada is flying, but isn't really a prototype of a helper. Good in all terrains tho.
Olivera is very strong. But comfortable is Nairo with him?
Ion Izagirre is the 3rd best rider on Movistar and has taken a step up this year. Without a doubt the strongest of those 5. Nairo knows him very well and has done multiple 1 weeks with Nairo as a co-leader or at least a 2nd option (much deserved also).

I say Ventoso, Moreno and Jesus Herrada/Ion Izagirre.
I have the feeling that they will take Herrada.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY