• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Team Movistar-thread

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Im pretty sure Nairo will ride and he will obviously be the captain.

Amador doesn't have Vuelta-potential at all, if he will go (which he should), it will be as a 100% helper. Moreno is too old to be protected, but I could see him ride decently if selected. Ruben is interesting, but gotta show something soon. Valverde? If he rides, he will do well as in top-10.
Moreno is 34, not too old at all, ask Valverde, Evans or Horner... But it looks like team change hasn't done him well, or is something wrong with him? He's shadow of former self in Movistar.

Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Moviestar said:
Valv.Piti said:

Amador doesn't have Vuelta-potential at all, if he will go (which he should), it will be as a 100% helper. Moreno is too old to be protected, but I could see him ride decently if selected. Ruben is interesting, but gotta show something soon. Valverde? If he rides, he will do well as in top-10.

I highly doubt that. The team doctor of Movistar, Jesus Hoyos has given an update on Nairo's situation on 24 July: 20 days of rest and medical exams. It would suprise me if Nairo still decides to participate with only one week of training before the Vuelta starts.

Can you link me that? I just read an interview a week ago that Quintana would skip the Olympics, citing it was in order to prepare properly for La Vuelta.

http://www.ciclo21.com/la-preocupante-salud-de-nairo-quintana/

Moviestar said:
Valv.Piti said:
Moviestar said:
Valv.Piti said:

I highly doubt that. The team doctor of Movistar, Jesus Hoyos has given an update on Nairo's situation on 24 July: 20 days of rest and medical exams. It would suprise me if Nairo still decides to participate with only one week of training before the Vuelta starts.

Can you link me that? I just read an interview a week ago that Quintana would skip the Olympics, citing it was in order to prepare properly for La Vuelta.

http://www.ciclo21.com/la-preocupante-salud-de-nairo-quintana/

Thanks!

Lets wait and see. If the medical exams proves to be good, he could possibly be on his bike in 3-4 days. Thats at least the hope I've got. Especially now that I am going to be in Spain for 3 stages.....

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
Quintana will do the Vuelta it seems, despite his unwillingness to go. On the other hand Froome seems ever so happy to return to the race every now and then.

Escarabajo said:
LeSensei said:
Quintana will do the Vuelta it seems, despite his unwillingness to go. On the other hand Froome seems ever so happy to return to the race every now and then.
You have some issues with Quintana. There is no proof of that. There is no way of knowing that stuff.

Haven't you heard? Quintana called LeSensei and told him that he really didn't want to go, he was afraid to get embarrassed by Froome again. He mentioned in the same breath that Unzue would force him, ultimately making him race all of the Arabic and Belgian calendar if he refused to.

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site

Valv.Piti said:
Escarabajo said:
LeSensei said:
You have some issues with Quintana. There is no proof of that. There is no way of knowing that stuff.

Haven't you heard? Quintana called LeSensei and told him that he really didn't want to go, he was afraid to get embarrassed by Froome again. He mentioned in the same breath that Unzue would force him, ultimately making him race all of the Arabic and Belgian calendar if he refused to.
Tbf Quintana really should grow up and do exactly that calendar.

Contract till 2016:

Anacona
Castroviejo
Erviti
Fernandez
J.Moreno
Sutherland
Ventoso
Visconti

I would keep Castroviejo, Erviti, Fernandez and Sutherland. Anacona hasn't shown much since his arrival and can leave. J.Moreno is linked to Katusha. Ventoso will be unnecessary with the possible arrival of Bennati and Visconti would be close to a deal with Bahrein.

With Carapaz, Bennati and possibly an other neo-pro the team shall be complete.

Cannibal72 said:
Valv.Piti said:
Escarabajo said:
LeSensei said:

What are you talking about?

Do you know something that we don't know? please share. Thanks.

Escarabajo said:
Cannibal72 said:
Valv.Piti said:
Escarabajo said:
LeSensei said:

What are you talking about?

Do you know something that we don't know? please share. Thanks.

I think he is being sarcastic.

I'd keep Castro, Rory, Fernandez, Erviti and Anacona.

Really hoping for a good stage today. Would be meh if Quintana and Valverde were at the same level as last year in La Vuelta, but that came in the aftermath of both's absolute best Tour de France's. Moreno could be a dark horse, but I hope for Valverde to take the jersey! Would be so cool.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Moviestar said:
Movistar clearly didn't expect these results otherwise a good Valverde/Quintana would have sent some men at the front to do the chasing for a possible stage-win.

Movistar often mess things up tactically. Today they could have won the stage if they started to chase 5-10km earlier. If they weren't confident they wouldn't send Rojas and Fernandez to hit the front. But, anyway, they get the jersey at least...

Valv.Piti said:
AlexNYC said:
Re: Dayer Quintana, I don't really think it's a good idea for Nairo to let him win another race. Would he do that for anyone else in the team? If not, then it would not reflect well on Nairo as a leader. Not that I think it's going to happen because I do think Nairo is a strong leader.

http://www.ciclismoafondo.es/compet...en-Fernandez-mal-inicio-temporada-2016-caidas
One of my favourites on this team, a little article of Ruben Fernandez. Not the best year, but he will have a really got schedule for the remainder of the season where he can show how good he can be in the mountains. Glad he gets Burgos, a race I always follow in the summertime on some shitty stream, and obviously the big one:
Campeonatos de España, Clásica de San Sebastián, Circuito de Getxo, Vuelta a Burgos y Vuelta a España.

Turns out the schedule was a little different in the end, but the prep was better than expected. Can't wait to see if he can keep this up!

He has had some decent result in small WT stage races and was good in P-N (he crashed on the ascent of the big climb after being one of the strongest), but I never imagined he would do this. With Ion Izagirre, Landa, Ruben Fernandez and maybe even Soler the future looks somewhat decent for Spanish cycling now. Im over the moon by this performance, I really am. Ruuuuuben!

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Really shaky, the only possible explanation would be Valverde telling Moreno just to go since he didn't feel he had it today. No matter what their best opportunity to win was all-in for Valverde since Moreno isn't what he used to be.

It was a creative idea to let Moreno attack, but then you have to play the teamcard as well: controlling the group and jump at the wheel of possible attackers. None of that happened while Valverde made a strong impression. A plan that lacked a clear goal..

Moviestar said:
Valv.Piti said:
Really shaky, the only possible explanation would be Valverde telling Moreno just to go since he didn't feel he had it today. No matter what their best opportunity to win was all-in for Valverde since Moreno isn't what he used to be.

It was a creative idea to let Moreno attack, but then you have to play the teamcard as well: controlling the group and jump at the wheel of possible attackers. None of that happened while Valverde made a strong impression. A plan that lacked a clear goal..
The plan had a clear goal. They just didn't have the means.

Re:

Miburo said:
Another classic movistar fail, how dumb can you be?
21/22 teams failed today. Why blame Movistar specifically? As opposed to the majority of the teams in the race, Movistar actually made a move for the stage win today. Was it the best strategy? Perhaps not, but atleast they tried something and I actually think that it's nice that they give some other of their riders the chance to go for stage win instead of setting it all up for Valverde every single time, in which case they would probably be hated on for riding too boring.