• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Team Movistar-thread

Page 49 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

El Pistolero said:
I heard Soler went ski-ing against team orders on Wednesday and that's why he was taken off the start-list of LBL and the Tour de Romandie.

He was never officially on the start list for LBL. Movistar rarely changes their riders during Ardennes week. If you aren't at Amstel and Fleche Wallone it's highly unlikely you're going to LBL.

Thats just a disappointing team. No Amador, no Soler, no Rosón... I understand going all-in for the Tour tho. Would be fun if they chose to bring Soler with Amador as well.

Oh well, lets see what Betancur got. Carapaz will be interesting as well, but I have a hard time being intrigued by the rest of the team. Ruben Fernandez better start to show something, same goes for Sepulveda, Pedrero will be a little interesting to follow as well after a few good climbing performances last year. I don't know why Dayer Quintana gets another chance.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Thats just a disappointing team. No Amador, no Soler, no Rosón... I understand going all-in for the Tour tho. Would be fun if they chose to bring Soler with Amador as well.

Oh well, lets see what Betancur got.
Carapaz will be interesting as well, but I have a hard time being intrigued by the rest of the team. Ruben Fernandez better start to show something, same goes for Sepulveda, Pedrero will be a little interesting to follow as well after a few good climbing performances last year. I don't know why Dayer Quintana gets another chance.

That's probably the least interesting part of the whole Giro. It will be absolutely nothing - as always.

I can't wait for the TdF now. I'm going to hazard a wild guess that Movistar have considered that Froome won't start the race, and that they'd rather potentially dominate the Tour than waste effort in a Giro that might well be known more for what happens to Froome than who actually win.

Re: Re:

tobydawq said:
Valv.Piti said:

Oh well, lets see what Betancur got.
Carapaz will be interesting as well, but I have a hard time being intrigued by the rest of the team. Ruben Fernandez better start to show something, same goes for Sepulveda, Pedrero will be a little interesting to follow as well after a few good climbing performances last year. I don't know why Dayer Quintana gets another chance.

That's probably the least interesting part of the whole Giro. It will be absolutely nothing - as always.
You are right, Betancur was useless today and I wouldn't hold my breath regarding him in the Giro as of right now..

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Also horrible performance in Romandie today.

Sepulveda being the best, coming in almost 2'30 down. Thats fine, Roson around him, Amador disappointing, Anacona meh, Betancur horrible - losing almost 4 min a week before the Giro? Kay.
I don't understand how Dayer could be so much different to his brother. Not even for domestique duties.

Escarabajo said:
Valv.Piti said:
Also horrible performance in Romandie today.

Sepulveda being the best, coming in almost 2'30 down. Thats fine, Roson around him, Amador disappointing, Anacona meh, Betancur horrible - losing almost 4 min a week before the Giro? Kay.
I don't understand how Dayer could be so much different to his brother. Not even for domestique duties.

He was pretty solid in Oro y Paz.

Obviously they do not care at all about the Giro. I except them to be non existent in the race. I'm sorry but the way they are doing things they are headed for an abject disaster of a season. I still fully expect the team to implode at the Tour, which well could be very entertaining to watch.

I figured Soler would go to the Tour then. Doesn't make that much sense to wait for the Vuelta when the big 3 probably also will ride it.

This really is 100% all-in. I like it and its a pretty well balanced team that will do pretty wel in the TT, Soler and Amador will basically be the Izagirre brothers.

Asero831 said:
DNP-Old said:
Nairo Quintana, Mikel Landa, Alejandro Valverde, Marc Soler, Andrey Amador, Imanol Erviti, Nelson Oliveira, José Joaquin Rojas. Jasha Sutterlin and Daniele Benatti are the reserves.

Do you think Oliveira will be back by July after his injury?
Probably recovering well enough to be on Movistar's pre-list. Sergi López-Egea knows his stuff.

But this Soler inclusion is all a bit funny to me. Earlier in March they determined him to be too young to make his debut in the Tour. Fast forward a month later and now he's deemed ready after a pretty good showing in Paris - Roubaix?

Re:

DNP-Old said:
Nairo Quintana, Mikel Landa, Alejandro Valverde, Marc Soler, Andrey Amador, Imanol Erviti, Nelson Oliveira, José Joaquin Rojas. Jasha Sutterlin and Daniele Benatti are the reserves.
Riding cross-winds or cobbles isn't just a matter of engine but also positioning. From those in the list only Bennati has shown some of that skill, and I'm not sure he's aging as well as Valverde.

TRENDING THREADS