Team Sky and BC Books.

Just wanted to make a list of this because a) its getting really ridiculous and b) I think it ties in well with the theory I've said before that Sky and the whole gravy train as a whole are all in to milking as much out of the cow as possible. If they get caught down the liner they will have made such a killing from this anyway that it will have financially been totally worth it doping. Its not like you pay back the money you made from selling BS books to brainless morons).

I'm making this thread because I just heard the hillarious news that Wiggins is releasing ANOTHER book .

So we have

Froome autobiography.
Geraint Thomas autobiography (upcoming)
Dave Brailsford autobiography (upcoming)
Bradley Wiggins autobiography 1
Bradley Wiggins autobiography 2
Bradley Wiggins autobiography 3 (upcoming)
Inside Team Sky.
Dave Brailsford mastermind.
Dave Millar autobiograhy 1 (yes I know he's not IN sky atm but he's their number 1 cheerleader and close to all of them + close to BC)
Dave Millar autobiography 2 (upcoming)
Ellingworth autobiography (wtf even the 2nd tier coach of the team has 1)
Cav autobiography.

What else is there?

I think I remember at least 2 or 3 more ive seen. there was one about how sky conquered the world or some *** like that. Also one from ned boulting (saying ITV aren't part of Sky is like saying that the CIA isn't part of the US government).

What other ones have I forgotten.

How does compare to other champions in the past - Armstrong (he had about 3 or 4 iirc + Brunyeel) or Indurain, Contador, Merckx etc.

Seems to me to be a massive part of the Sky racket.

On a similar note what about documentaries, which is same principle.
So far I remember a Wiggins one by Sky, a Wiggins one by ITV, (also a Wiggins one by ES?). A Froome one by ITV and maybe a Cav one by ITV too.
 
Re:

More Strides than Rides said:
Who is writing/ghost writing these books? Walsh is always being discussed, but I'm curious if there is any bigger picture that emerges when the other authors and publishers are brought in.
Yes, I was thinking exactly the same about ghost writers. I know Wiggos first autobiography was ghostwritten by Sloberingham and the other one by Brendan Gallachar. Slobberingham also ghostwrote Millar's autobiography (and he also wrote the articles back when Millar was accusing Gaumont of being a jealous bitter liar). moore was the author of Dave Brailsford cycling jesus ( i mean genius).

Coincidentally all 3 - Slobberingham, moore and gallacker insist Sky are clean.

Well when you are directly making money off the myth that they are clean, by writing their books, it is in your financial interest to defend that myth.
 
Re: Re:

The Hitch said:
More Strides than Rides said:
Who is writing/ghost writing these books? Walsh is always being discussed, but I'm curious if there is any bigger picture that emerges when the other authors and publishers are brought in.
Yes, I was thinking exactly the same about ghost writers. I know Wiggos first autobiography was ghostwritten by Sloberingham and the other one by Brendan Gallachar. Slobberingham also ghostwrote Millar's autobiography (and he also wrote the articles back when Millar was accusing Gaumont of being a jealous bitter liar). moore was the author of Dave Brailsford cycling jesus ( i mean genius).

Coincidentally all 3 - Slobberingham, moore and gallacker insist Sky are clean.

Well when you are directly making money off the myth that they are clean, by writing their books, no wonder you think they are clean.
A lot of them are dubbed "the official Sky" or have "Forward by Sir David Brailsford" to shift more copies of shill.
 
Jun 16, 2009
1,024
0
0
even the physio has a book out. There's no way that the UK press will do anything to uncover the sky fraud as they are making far to much from the current cycling boom.
 
Jul 17, 2012
3,278
0
0
So this is relevant to doping how? Or is the post-national Hitch just trying to score a few points against the team he hates the most?
 
Re:

JimmyFingers said:
So this is relevant to doping how? Or is the post-national Hitch just trying to score a few points against the team he hates the most?
Ball not man jimmy.

It's relevant because it shows a wider economy of people profiting from the success. The traditional paradigm of a criminal and in particular a doper is of.a.selfish lone wolf who makes the individual decision to dope at the expense of others.

The books are one example of how a far wider circle is profiting from the success. You have all the backup staff and riders getting their own books or at least praised and mentioned in the books. You have the ghost writers getting the prestigious contracts, and fighting for the prestigious upcoming contracts for the books, and they just so happen to be the very journalists who get to write from the "frontline" in Britain's newspapers every week, on the topic of whether sky are legit. You have the book publishers, getting their 30 pieces of silver from the success.

And if you understand sociology and history and economics you'll know that histocially the criminals of any sort, that can embed themselves and their business within the upper scions of society and the wider economy, are usually those that end up getting away with it. Because it's too costly to bring them down.

In any case Wiggins having 3 autobiographies by his mid 30's is absolutely crazy. Geraint Thomas having one (is he even out of his 20's yet?) Likewise.

Ps, talking about relevance, how is the little.mocking shot at me -"post nationalist" relevant. It reminds me of the journos and Twitter users who dismiss tucker and vayer as "bitter French wankers". Desperate need to invent some ulterior evil motivation for the people criticising sky, because the idea that they might be doing so out of principle is too much to accept.
 
Mar 25, 2013
3,762
0
0
Nothing in comparison to what we see with footballers in England.

Rooney and Walcott have 5 and 4 book deals. Rio Ferdinand has 3 books. Gerrard has a number of books published about himself, including one just out in the last month. Ferguson has another book out this week, I've lost count how many he has done. The same with Harry Redknapp.

It's nothing new to see where particularly sporting autobiographies are done on an overused basis in Britain.
 
Jul 17, 2012
3,278
0
0
Sorry but that is a huge stretch even for you, this literally has zero to do with whether some riders on Sky are doping or not and more about creating yet another thread berating them for whatever fresh thing you think they have done wrong. And comparing them to gangsters lauding it up with high society to prevent themselves being prosecuted is fairly typical of the bonkers conspiracy theories that this place regularly regurgitates.

And before the bot accusations come flying, I'm not saying Sky are clean, I'm saying them releasing books has NOTHING to do with them doping or no, nothing.

Another Sky thread in the clinic, about books, and yet we are told the reason they is some much chatter in the clinic about Sky because of all the Sky fans defending them, And then there's a thread like this. This place is in danger of becoming a parody of itself. In fact it probably already is.

And no mate, you called yourself post-national, in a vain attempt to try to dress yourself as some objective observer, without agenda or bias, and then you post this thread. Hence why I made the point of mentioning it. It does make me laugh.
 
Re:

gooner said:
Nothing in comparison to what we see with footballers in England.

Rooney and Walcott have 5 and 4 book deals. Rio Ferdinand has 3 books. Gerrard has a number of books published about himself, including one just out in the last month. Ferguson has another book out this week, I've lost count how many he has done. The same with Harry Redknapp.

It's nothing new to see where particularly sporting autobiographies are done on an overused basis in Britain.
It's not actually "nothing". You do like to play things down.
 
Mar 25, 2013
3,762
0
0
Re: Re:

thehog said:
gooner said:
Nothing in comparison to what we see with footballers in England.

Rooney and Walcott have 5 and 4 book deals. Rio Ferdinand has 3 books. Gerrard has a number of books published about himself, including one just out in the last month. Ferguson has another book out this week, I've lost count how many he has done. The same with Harry Redknapp.

It's nothing new to see where particularly sporting autobiographies are done on an overused basis in Britain.
It's not actually "nothing". You do like to play things down.
In comparison to footballers' autobiographies in England, it's nothing.

Rather address the facts I posted, than just simply say it's playing things down.

What's been posted here is nothing unique with books on other British sport.
 
Re:

JimmyFingers said:
Sorry but that is a huge stretch even for you, this literally has zero to do with whether some riders on Sky are doping or not and more about creating yet another thread berating them for whatever fresh thing you think they have done wrong. And comparing them to gangsters lauding it up with high society to prevent themselves being prosecuted is fairly typical of the bonkers conspiracy theories that this place regularly regurgitates.

And before the bot accusations come flying, I'm not saying Sky are clean, I'm saying them releasing books has NOTHING to do with them doping or no, nothing.

Another Sky thread in the clinic, about books, and yet we are told the reason they is some much chatter in the clinic about Sky because of all the Sky fans defending them, And then there's a thread like this. This place is in danger of becoming a parody of itself. In fact it probably already is.

And no mate, you called yourself post-national, in a vain attempt to try to dress yourself as some objective observer, without agenda or bias, and then you post this thread. Hence why I made the point of mentioning it. It does make me laugh.
I am post national, treat all dopers and cyclists equally and have no bias or agenda for or against any tribe of people. Even many pro sky posters on here back me up on that.

Your desperate attempt to portray those who question Sky as having an agenda, is nothing new. Weve seen it a million times.
Armstrong himself always used to say it was just "bitter French" who doubted him and Sky this year started using the exact same song. Landis, wiggins told us, wasn't French but motivated by bitterness and a need to hurt people to make himself feel better. Ironically that was pretty much the same line Millar used in 04 on Gaumont. History repeats itself and dopers and their fans ALWAYS resort to the same pathetic but nonetheless tried and tested lines.

Where am I going with this? Well it takes us full circle, because at the end of the day what has always been the most famous and popular argument used by dopers and their fans to try and dismiss accusations against them.

Oh that's right - that the accusers are just doing it to promote a book :D
 
Jul 17, 2012
3,278
0
0
I'm not even going to bother reading that. You posted a thread on the books Team Sky have released, and then say there's no agenda? It's another thread whinging about Sky, another attempt to try to make them look worse than everyone else, another attempt to create a conspiracy about them. To be honest it's pretty embarrassing.
 
Mar 25, 2013
3,762
0
0
Re:

JimmyFingers said:
No you're wrong, book releases are clear evidence of Sky's racketeering and protection rackets
Just like this guy who's following Wiggins' lead to hide his doping program.





And this new one next month.

 
Re:

JimmyFingers said:
No you're wrong, book releases are clear evidence of Sky's racketeering and protection rackets
I don't think anyone ever said anything of the sort.

BTW why are you so obsessed about this thread existing? Its no big deal, its just a thread.

Have you even read any of these books. If you had, and you'd seen some of the absolutely bats*** insane arguments Sky and their authors make in them, you might understand why we would want a seperate thread in which to host a discussion about them.

Particularly funny, from memory, are the claims that Froome trains 4 hours every night with his strava off so that his coaches don't find out and the piece de resistance, the portrayal of Rod Ellingworth as "anti doping" :eek:
 
Re: Re:

thehog said:
gooner said:
Nothing in comparison to what we see with footballers in England.

Rooney and Walcott have 5 and 4 book deals. Rio Ferdinand has 3 books. Gerrard has a number of books published about himself, including one just out in the last month. Ferguson has another book out this week, I've lost count how many he has done. The same with Harry Redknapp.

It's nothing new to see where particularly sporting autobiographies are done on an overused basis in Britain.
It's not actually "nothing". You do like to play things down.
Oh, what a surprise, Gooner switching the subject to football ;)
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M The Clinic 3
Similar threads
Anti-Doping Book

ASK THE COMMUNITY