• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Sky Bus

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
http://www.bikerumor.com/2010/01/31/team-sky-bus-totally-pimp-xzibit-would-be-proud/

Wow

team-sky-bus-3_2412739.jpg

More here

http://www.teamsky.com/article/0,27290,17546_5886373,00.html

May 6, 2009
Visit site
If I were a pro cyclist, I would want to ride for SKY just on the team bus alone. I guess the 200km transfers at the Giro wouldn't be so bad after all.

A

Anonymous

Race Radio said:
Purple meeting area. :p All thats missing is the stripper pole.

Its not purple, thats the lighting. It changes colour depending on the "mood".. was the physchologists idea...

A

Anonymous

Reminds me of Rock Racing's team that made such a big splash that first year with the team colors and Cadillac team cars and the owner's Bentley. But unlike Rock, Sky seems to be legit and has real talent.

A

Anonymous

BroDeal said:
Did they give all the riders big new age crystals and mood rings? Yup, Sky is totally different. Totally nuts that is.

Youll be telling us next you dont beleive in faeries :(

The theory of lighting to affect mood isnt that ridiculous. Many people with mental health issues will tell you that certain light makes their condition worse, while certain colours of light etc can positively benefit.

Will it make a blind bit of difference, lighting aimed to wake them up before a stage, calming relaxing light after a race, who knows.

How much benefit can there be from the environment you step into after a race being completely calming in terms of environment and lighting, who knows..

But theres nothing to be lost by trying.

I know youre old school, and you laugh when i suggest things like lighting, the team giving out iphones etc do anything for the team - or are a new idea (the iphones have actually had a very positive effect, alll the riders having identical phones, they are exchanging videos with each other, etc etc - it may not sound much but its one tiny little thing that helps re-enforce team spirit, if a rider has a new game he can share it around, if he takes a bit of video out on a training ride he can share it.. doesnt sound much, but they spend a minority of their time racing, and the social team spirit aspect is important) JaF for instance has been taking photos galore on his, making videos etc, hes like a kid in a candy store by all accounts..

Might all be pointless.. certainly in australia it looked like they where pretty tight..

And yes, i know bro will laugh.. im used to it now, it livens up the day having someone to argue with :D

dimspace said:
The theory of lighting to affect mood isnt that ridiculous. Many people with mental health issues will tell you that certain light makes their condition worse, while certain colours of light etc can positively benefit.
I know youre old school, and you laugh when i suggest things like lighting,

This could open up a whole new set of excuses for Wiggin's failure at the Tour. I can see it now. After a TdF stage Wiggins gives an interview wearing a velvet suit with a giant cravate and hair that looks like he just crawled out of bed after spending a wild night with a coked up Lindsey Lohan and her even wilder friend. "I thought I was ready for the Tourmalet, but someone forgot to switch the bus' mood lighting from maudlin mauve to raging red. I apologize for letting down the glorious British Empire--or at least what little there's left of it. Tomorrow I will try strong sienna."

A

Anonymous

BroDeal said:
This could open up a whole new set of excuses for Wiggin's failure at the Tour. I can see it now. After a TdF stage Wiggins gives an interview wearing a velvet suit with a giant cravate and hair that looks like he just crawled out of bed after spending a wild night with a coked up Lindsey Lohan and her even wilder friend. "I thought I was ready for the Tourmalet, but someone forgot to switch the bus' mood lighting from maudlin maude to raging red. I apologize for letting down the glorious British Empire--or at least what little there's left of it. Tomorrow I will try strong sienna."

see, now youve managed to blend criticism and cynicism with FUNNY :D

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Well I laughed at the mood lighting, and laughed some more when Sky called it a 'spanking bus', but I'll give these guys credit for putting effort into making the riders relaxed and recuperated after a race/stage. By Jaysis these boys have some cash at hand.

RR called it right - the spanking room needs a brass pole.

dimspace said:
Youll be telling us next you dont beleive in faeries :(

Will it make a blind bit of difference, lighting aimed to wake them up before a stage, calming relaxing light after a race, who knows.

How much benefit can there be from the environment you step into after a race being completely calming in terms of environment and lighting, who knows..

But theres nothing to be lost by trying.

I know youre old school, and you laugh when i suggest things like lighting, the team giving out iphones etc do anything for the team - or are a new idea (the iphones have actually had a very positive effect, alll the riders having identical phones, they are exchanging videos with each other, etc etc - it may not sound much but its one tiny little thing that helps re-enforce team spirit, if a rider has a new game he can share it around, if he takes a bit of video out on a training ride he can share it.. doesnt sound much, but they spend a minority of their time racing, and the social team spirit aspect is important) JaF for instance has been taking photos galore on his, making videos etc, hes like a kid in a candy store by all accounts..

Might all be pointless.. certainly in australia it looked like they where pretty tight..

And yes, i know bro will laugh.. im used to it now, it livens up the day having someone to argue with :D

It is definitely amusing and ripe for ****-taking but I agree with the principle. Top athletes are amazingly mentally fragile and if they think anything will even help them by .0001%, they will be willing to try it.... even if its just the thought that something is helping them to improve. Add up a lot of little things and it might make 1% but as my athletics coach used to tell us years ago, that 1% could be the difference between winning and losing.

I still laugh at athletes and those compression socks, I just think WTF but they must do something. What about those plasters on the nose to help breathing, another joke aid, there have been so many.

Maybe a bit of lap dancing on the team bus before a race wouldnt be so bad for getting the testosterone flowing!!! The stripper club effect.

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
Lap dances aside, winning will make them happy, losing will make them sad.

Mood lighting will help them pick up the podium girls, so I'm all for it.:)

I wonder what Rupert makes of it all?

Design wise is very contemporary-seems like the entire bus became an unique project and it was granted a generous budget to construct it. now the bus appearance is clearly going to hence "activities" aside from cycling, specially when the traveling directs to Amsterdam:D:D

BroDeal said:
This could open up a whole new set of excuses for Wiggin's failure at the Tour. I can see it now. After a TdF stage Wiggins gives an interview wearing a velvet suit with a giant cravate and hair that looks like he just crawled out of bed after spending a wild night with a coked up Lindsey Lohan and her even wilder friend. "I thought I was ready for the Tourmalet, but someone forgot to switch the bus' mood lighting from maudlin maude to raging red. I apologize for letting down the glorious British Empire--or at least what little there's left of it. Tomorrow I will try strong sienna."

Thats terrific Brodeal............humerous and smart...........

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
dimspace said:
Its not purple, thats the lighting. It changes colour depending on the "mood".. was the physchologists idea...

maybe the purple light will be useful (as in public toilets) to stop people shooting up. Apparently you cant see the veins.

TRENDING THREADS