• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Sky, the future of their squad.

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
dimspace said:
Youd be surprised...

EbH is actually massively popular in britain from his performances in the two tour of britains he has competed in.. His attitute towards the british tour endeered him to a lot of british fans..

Obviously hes not going to win the tour, but whatever he wins, he does have a lot of fans here..

2nd'd - I'd actually be far happier with EBH success than Wiggins. And sky's own coverage has been bigging him up quite a lot, so I doubt they'd have much problem vaunting his successes for the team, British or not.

Waterloo Sunrise said:
Dimspace - Sky are doing highlights, and some live coverage for TDU - is there any word yet on what other races they'll cover, or is this just for their debut; and is this going to reduce Eurosports coverage?

EuroSport still has the rights to the major races. However Sky Sports Xtra is becoming Sky Sports 4 and will be showing a lot of smaller races featuring the Sky team. They will also be showing packaged highlights of the EuroSport races.

thehog said:
EuroSport still has the rights to the major races. However Sky Sports Xtra is becoming Sky Sports 4 and will be showing a lot of races featuring the Sky team. They will also be showing packaged highlights of the EuroSport races.

Merci; so Sky will be showing whatever scraps they can get hold of; I'm looking forward to 4 hours of daily coverage of the Tour of Qatar already...

Wouldn't shock me actually, given the standard of their coverage so far. A season preview last week said TeamSky would be aiming for success in the classics, such as Paris-Roubaix (pronounced all kinds of wrong) and Paris-Nice.

*sigh*

A

Anonymous

thehog said:
EuroSport still has the rights to the major races. However Sky Sports Xtra is becoming Sky Sports 4 and will be showing a lot of smaller races featuring the Sky team. They will also be showing packaged highlights of the EuroSport races.

pretty much was i was going to say..

itv and eurosport have the tours until at least 2012. (well itv have tour highlights, eurosport have the GT live coverage) Sky may pick up giro and vuelta highlights packages, which would be good.. Eurosports giro coverage can be sketchy..

SSE is already rebranded as SS4

Im still trying to find out from sky while they picked up the whole TdU package EXCEPT for the opening classic live coverage which seems a little odd considering its Sky's opening race.. Seems it was a **** up from what i can gather..

TdU highlights are also on the sky site for people in UK/Ireland ONLY

And ditto to what hog said. I beleive they are trying to pick up highlights of ettoile bessages from the ASO.

They are showing cycling mainly on SS2..

A

Anonymous

Waterloo Sunrise said:
2nd'd - I'd actually be far happier with EBH success than Wiggins. And sky's own coverage has been bigging him up quite a lot, so I doubt they'd have much problem vaunting his successes for the team, British or not.

I think its fair to say that many brits had heard about, or certainly knew a lot about EBH a long time before a lot of fans got the chance to see him.

Obviously a good showing in the tour avenir in 2006 but 2007 we got our first view of him in ireland, and 2008 he destroyed everyone in the ToB

May 15, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
pretty much was i was going to say..

itv and eurosport have the tours until at least 2012. (well itv have tour highlights, eurosport have the GT live coverage)

Correction: From this year onwards ITV will be showing every stage live on ITV4 :)

A

Anonymous

Sum_of_Marc said:
Correction: From this year onwards ITV will be showing every stage live on ITV4 :)

are they indeed.. well thats good news for sky.. :D

for me, well its somewhere to go during the adverts on eurosport i guess.. but its harmon and kelly for me..