• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

team's budget vs. team's results

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
i think somewhere in 2013 (or '14) JV was on here explaining away Sky's 2012/13 dominance as the simple result of them having the biggest budget.

I'd love to see a breakdown of team budgets in relation to their results for the 2015 season, in order to see which teams are currently performing 'behind' their budget, and which ones are 'on' or 'above' their budget.
Maybe some clues can be drawn from it in terms of doping.

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I think it will be very difficult to get exact numbers..

In terms of doping i think a more interesting discussion could be a closer look at teams under financial pressure (see Katusha and Makarov comments from last year) and of course now Tinkov threatening to pull the plug...

throw in the mix The Astana team (on surface) on the brink of destruction but then finds a whole new level in the UCI ISSUL...

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Re:

The Hitch said:
**** like that from JV is precisely why people like myself who were so willing to give him the benefit of the doubt don't trust him. He's lied and cheated before and its clear to me he has no problem lying now to advance his own interests.

Just based on his twittermania and his ego, it has always been clear to me that JV has no boundaries and is part of the club that will do anything to achieve results (or rather fame in his case).

His biggest problem is his greediness and unwillingness to spend the team budget on riders and juice needed to win races. He is cheap and selfish egomaniac. Thats the reason he only got bunch of kids and past due riders on his team. He rather spends the cash on fancy dinners and fine wine with his gf.