• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams performance up to now

From the season open to now :

Which teams are best performed?

Which teams are worse performed?

Which teams are out-performed (according to their riders quality)?

Which teams are under-performed (according to their riders quality)?

Which teams has worse line-up for TDF?

Which teams has best line-up for TDF?

Please comment.

A

Anonymous

Edit:

i see its the whole season and not just the tour.

Thats far too much to think about and has already been discussed. I am now in Tour mode. My brain cant think about anything prior to last Saturday.

Without thinking much about it I'd say for the season protour teams that have done well or at least better than expected
++ OLO
++ Saxo
+ BMC
+ Garmin
+ HTC
+ ag2r
+ Movistar
and maybe even Sky

The rest: meh., Androni was very good in the Giro too.

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Garmin Cervelo have been the best, winning the TTT, a stage with Farrar and holding the yellow jersey for 8 stages or whatever. Then BMC for Evans' win, being on the front a lot and a solid TTT, HTC for their 8 man lead out yesterday and Omega Pharma Lotto for pulling a lot on the front for Gilbert, despite an awful TTT.

HTC: Most wins, as always. This year, that includes a monument.

Garmin - Cervelo: People forget that their biggest wins before this year have been things like the Tour of Poland or a Giro stage. Paris-Roubaix and two Tour stages, as well as having the yellow jersey for what seems like a geological age, means that they are having their best year by far.

Omega Pharma - Lotto: Gilbert. Nothing more needs to be said.

Saxo Bank: A monument plus the Giro. Even if Contador fails spectacularly in the Tour (and I don't think he will), this has been a great season for them.

Those are the four teams that will rightly feel that they have had a great first half of the season. Ag2r have also done well, because of Gadret's heroics in the Giro, but their success has been on a more modest scale.

TRENDING THREADS