• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

Teejay Van Garderen Clinic Thread

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
19,530
0
0
Re: Teejay Van Garderen

I Love To Dope said:
nayr497 said:
GREAT, make it a new sport with new coaches, owners, riders. I don't give an F if we have to clean house. So what? What a stupid argument. Just clean house already, make a clean break and get on with it. I'm getting to the point of not really caring about the PRO peloton. The doping is going back to horrendous levels, after a very brief change.

Ahhh, poor Tejay, he doesn't want an awkward situation in his hometown. Yes, it would be so difficult.

Considering Lance built his career on top-level doping, what exactly can he learn that goes beyond doping? You can't separate Lance from the drugs.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest-news/tejay-van-garderen-defends-links-to-lance-armstrong-178706

..George Hincapie has a Gran Fondo and a development team, Jonathan Vaughters runs a team. To have that double standard isn’t very fair, so I didn’t think anything of training with Lance.

If you can't see why the differing levels of cheating and manipulation and intimidation scream for different responses, then we might as well just go back to full-genius omerta.
Cobsodering Tejay has been a cry baby and has terrible tactics, he could probably learn a lot from the guy who mentally crippled all of his opponents before physically surpassing them on climbs.
Everyone knew Armstrong had the UCI/ASO on his side before every july. Mentally crippling knowing you are up against not just USPS, but the rest. yes, it is definitely crippling, but Armstrong can only take a little credit for it, Stapleton and Weisel were the real puppet masters.
 
Won't mean much to the casual fan, but I though this was beautiful (or at least refreshingly honest and transparent):
CyclingNews said:
He’s up another level, he changed his training with Dr. Max Testa [formerly of Motorola – ed.] over the winter a little bit to improve his ability to accelerate and maintain that wattage over a longer period,” Ochowicz said"
Good on Barry Ryan / CyclingNews.
 
Sep 26, 2009
1,815
0
0
Re: Teejay Van Garderen

Anyone noticed his changing appearance - in particular the PROTRUDING FOREHEAD....and anorexic features ?
Photos 2013, 2014 and at this Tour ?









 
Sep 29, 2012
8,087
0
0
Re: Teejay Van Garderen

Cycle Chic said:
Anyone noticed his changing appearance - in particular the PROTRUDING FOREHEAD....and anorexic features ?
Photos 2013, 2014 and at this Tour ?
I do see what you are saying but the lighting and attitude is the key there.

This one should be discounted due to the hat.


This one is front on and flash or reflector in use, lighting up the area under the brow


Flat lighting, at a guess there is a large white tent or other similar object in front of him, some distance away reflecting light


Sunlight only, from above, accentuating the shadow. His shaved head enhances the apparent brow / forehead size difference.


Backlit - the worst possible light for shadow development, plus he is doing a full smile which reduces his vertical eye height thus making his eyes look smaller and the brow shadow comparatively larger. Ditto the hair.


It does look damning, but without an apples to apples comparison with facial expression, face position to camera, hair style and lighting setup, it's not evidence of any change, IMO.
 
Jul 21, 2012
6,664
0
0
van Garderen has trained to respond to Froome
“I have worked on a few things in training - accelerations, rhythm changes - to try to be more well-rounded to go with those pure climbers,”
seems like they are on the same diet as well..
 
Aug 31, 2012
5,221
0
0
He's looked very strong so far. Probably the strongest next to the Dawg. I'm very curious how he's going to do at he first MTF. Hoping for a modest transformation into super climber.
 
May 26, 2010
19,530
0
0
TJ trains with Lance, rides for Och and people thinks he dopes, yeah right! TJ is cleans man, cleans i tell ya, just like say, Ryder!
 
Jul 6, 2015
38
0
0
Re: Teejay Van Garderen

Dear Wiggo said:
Cycle Chic said:
Anyone noticed his changing appearance - in particular the PROTRUDING FOREHEAD....and anorexic features ?
Photos 2013, 2014 and at this Tour ?
I do see what you are saying but the lighting and attitude is the key there.

This one should be discounted due to the hat.


This one is front on and flash or reflector in use, lighting up the area under the brow


Flat lighting, at a guess there is a large white tent or other similar object in front of him, some distance away reflecting light


Sunlight only, from above, accentuating the shadow. His shaved head enhances the apparent brow / forehead size difference.


Backlit - the worst possible light for shadow development, plus he is doing a full smile which reduces his vertical eye height thus making his eyes look smaller and the brow shadow comparatively larger. Ditto the hair.


It does look damning, but without an apples to apples comparison with facial expression, face position to camera, hair style and lighting setup, it's not evidence of any change, IMO.
Totally damming and remember; he was once in a room that Dr Ferrari farted in a month earlier and he has said hello to Lance Armstrong. Pretty convincing I'd say. :rolleyes:
 
Jun 28, 2014
83
0
0
Re: Teejay Van Garderen

Cycle Chic said:
Anyone noticed his changing appearance - in particular the PROTRUDING FOREHEAD....and anorexic features ?
Photos 2013, 2014 and at this Tour ?









Uh, I think that's called leaving your early twenties.
 
Jun 15, 2015
185
0
0
Re: Teejay Van Garderen

Tonton said:
These before/after pictures speak a thousand of words...
There are glasses where his hair used to be and a zipper where he previously had buttons?
 
Sep 26, 2009
1,815
0
0
come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn - he is morphing into a froome anorexic look alike. Maybe his forebrow is staying put and his eyes are just sinking deeper and deeper into the abyss
 
Sep 26, 2009
1,815
0
0
and why do people keep 'replying with quote' ?????? theres no need to keep regurgitating a post. Learn 'Quick reply' - durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
 
Sep 29, 2012
8,087
0
0
Re:

Cycle Chic said:
and why do people keep 'replying with quote' ?????? theres no need to keep regurgitating a post. Learn 'Quick reply' - durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Because it helps context and improves communication.
 
Oct 16, 2010
13,578
1
0
Re: Re:

Dear Wiggo said:
Cycle Chic said:
and why do people keep 'replying with quote' ?????? theres no need to keep regurgitating a post. Learn 'Quick reply' - durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Because it helps context and improves communication.
it used to...
 
Jul 6, 2015
38
0
0
Re:

Cycle Chic said:
its laborious to keep seeing rolling photos of tejay and clogs up the thread

Yeah I'll tell you, you don't want to burn your index finger matches too quickly. :D
 
Jan 16, 2013
30
0
0
Re:

boomcie said:
Is it me, or is the timing of Tejay's abandon a bit suspicious?
Whatever has caused it, he looked like he was sobbing his heart out.

ITV commentators said that he was v positive earlier in the day and showed no sign of being ill. Can't remember who said that though, which undoubtedly affects how much of an 'insight' it was. :rolleyes:
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts