• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ten riders disciplined on stage 19 - a good sign?

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
TourOfSardinia said:
I think the fact that they are taking tows from motorbikes and feeding out of hours could be a real sign that many of the guys are not doping this Giro.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/team-skys-chris-froome-expelled-from-giro

That's said - Nibali should also be docked a few seconds for that televised reception of a glucose bar during his solo win - it was within the last 20 km, wasn't it?

Was it from the team car?

May 6, 2009
Visit site
If I were in the gruppetto I would be trying to take a tow from a car or a bike, however subtle it is. I think you're doing yourself a disservce if you're not.

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm, if someone has a mechanical/crash, no probs sitting behind the team car to get back on. If your dropped & hang on to a car/motorbike you should be chucked out of the race . It's cheating pure & simple.

Disciplined Riders

Desperation obviously. The race has been ridiculously hard. I like mountain top finishes but the length of some of those stages especially the one's with multiple, steep climbs and some of the flat stages is too much. The security on the mountain time trial was ridiculous. It looked dangerous too me as well as certain riders getting pushed by fans. In the old days that sort of thing would cost the rider a time penalty or a fine even if he was not to blame.

Irish2009 said:
Hmmm, if someone has a mechanical/crash, no probs sitting behind the team car to get back on. If your dropped & hang on to a car/motorbike you should be chucked out of the race . It's cheating pure & simple.
Wrong! Both is against the rules. Either everyone riding on the bumper should be taken out or nobdy at all, for whatever reason.

You to presume to decide who is cheating and who's not?

Flat tire, crevaison, lekke band? Bad luck for you, that's racing. Working your ass off to get your sprinter to the prime or line and then dieing in the groupetto? Bad again. Refusing to juice even if your HK/HB is just 38/12.7% (well rested, maybe even lower at that point) and no chance on the hardest stage of a 5 day race? A cheater to be chucked?

Just another hobby rider acting up?

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
TourOfSardinia said:
That's said - Nibali should also be docked a few seconds for that televised reception of a glucose bar during his solo win - it was within the last 20 km, wasn't it?

Italians getting preferential treatment during the Giro? Never..

I've done it in UCI 2.2 level...nothing lower than that.

My reasoning? If there weren't so many convicted dopers still doping who were in the race, I (and clean riders like me) wouldn't have had to resort to that some days to make cut. To those who say it's cheating no matter what...get off your high horse and step into the shoes of a rider getting smashed by doping scum bags.

Mr 38%, you don't need to make excuses...guys who haven't been there don't get it.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
i was standing on the side of the road on the L'Aquila stage, just past the last GPM, 40kms to go and the last 10/12 or so riders in small groups of 2,3 and 4s were all tucked in behind various vehicles, we are talking inches from the fenders.. the last 2 guys in behind the last ambulance, no commissars arounds as they were to busy getting to their hotels no doubt to get out the atrocious weather....but the cyclists ahd to endure a long 256km in the driving rain, thunder and lightning....

anyone see the commissar trying to grab Chris Froome's number off his bike...totally OTT. Froome was getting a tow to the feed station to get in a car...

As i said already on here, in my opinion Di Luca only failed his doping test cause he organised the stage protest around the streets of milan and ruined the stage according to the organisers also he didn't win so it was no probs to 'catch' him, now if won different story....

TRENDING THREADS