• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tennis is ridiculous

Exhibit # 1. She-MAN-tha Stosur.

i

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Cloxxki said:
Wow, if she wants a boyfriend, he'll need to be gay.

Seriously though, that's worse than even Marit Bjoergen.

don't agree.
marit's worse for sure.

but i do like the new nickname for shemantha.

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
Exhibit # 1. She-MAN-tha Stosur.

i

A subject of this website has mentioned that the "human body has evolved." Apparently you aren't aware that Darwin predicted millions of years of evolution would be compressed into a few decades on the cusp and into the 21st century?

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
This reminds me of a famous Andy Roddick quote:

“When we were 10, I had to literally run around in the shower to get wet; I was this big,” Roddick said, bringing his hands close together. “She was bench-pressing dump trucks already at that time.”

Williams was quick to rebut that one Monday. “Andy’s always exaggerating,” she said. “I was so small for my age. He was small, too. But he just got jealous, because my body was more fit and that my biceps are probably still bigger than his.

:D Although it's hard to imagine that Serena was on steroids at age 11.

gooner said:
Well the mens game have the top four of djokovic, nadal, federer and murray and they are miles ahead of everyone else at the moment. It looked liked del potro could get into this group after beating federer in the US open a couple of years back but he hasnt been the same since his injury. I find the early round matches of tournaments with one of them big four playing so predictable and one sided that i dont really start watching it till the quarters or semis onwards.

I agree. In the mens game its boring until the last 16 when there is maybe a hope, and I just dont watch till then.

As for the womens game, well Henin unfortunately has gone and while she doesnt have much of a career left, Schiavonni is great to watch.

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Actually tennis has a very strict anti-doping rules. Apart from in-competition testing players must provide a location where they will be for one-hour for every day of the year for random testing. The WTA policy is available here: http://www.itftennis.com/shared/medialibrary/pdf/original/IO_61472_original.PDF
Some of my cycling friends work with the drug testing facility at a major tournament and accompany selected players from the time they finish a match until they are drug tested.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Nothing in that photo makes me think cheating it does make me wonder if she has enough fat to maintain her health.
For about 5 or 6 years my wife was competitively paddling outrigger canoes By the last year she competed her arms and shoulders were pretty impressive and at the end of her preparations for worlds in Hawaii she was as lean as I have ever seen her Totally ripped. I didn't mind the definition at all but since she changed to paddling her cycling muscles had shrunk to my disappointment.
Take away the fat and muscle is what shows. I think if you showed that photo to 100 young women most would stop playing in sport. It seems women think soft and smooth is more attractive than strong and athletic.

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
avanti said:
Actually tennis has a very strict anti-doping rules. Apart from in-competition testing players must provide a location where they will be for one-hour for every day of the year for random testing. The WTA policy is available here: http://www.itftennis.com/shared/medialibrary/pdf/original/IO_61472_original.PDF
Some of my cycling friends work with the drug testing facility at a major tournament and accompany selected players from the time they finish a match until they are drug tested.

Thats not strict. Thats the basic WADA rules for all affiliated sports.

avanti said:
Actually tennis has a very strict anti-doping rules.

Not according to this blog:

http://tennishasasteroidproblem.blogspot.com/

If it is to be believed, the in-competition tests apply to all losers of games in a tournament, until the final, when the winner is also tested. Seems a bit strange. And also, there is information on the site which shows that of 7 tennis players found to have evidence of doping / steroid use during a 6-month testing period in the early 2000's, ALL of them got exonerated by the ITF. Carpet, sweep?

TRENDING THREADS