• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The (1-day) races this weekend: Reggio Calabria & Marseillaise

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Calabria has a pretty good startlist: Nibali, Quinziato, Paolini, Sella, Visconti, Rasmussen..

Hoogerland said he was going to win la Marseillaise and so he will, Voeckler will also start.

Anyone with more info on these races?

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
team skys european debut in marseillaise-portal, calzati, cummings, barry, augustyn, kennaugh and possoni. also think hushovd is there too, so if it comes down to a sprint my money is on him.

A

Anonymous

marsallaise route map
wpbeaba0f4.png

for what its worth which aint much..

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Giro della Provincia Regio Calabria

Stage 1
60-tappa-1_3.jpg

Stage 2
60-tappa-2_3.jpg

Stage 3
60-tappa-3_3.jpg

Stage 4
60-tappa-4_3.jpg

Hopefully these will get removed if there are any licensing issues.

Has this race been moved to February and three stages added since last year?

May 15, 2009
Visit site
Calabria was a 3 stage race in February 2008 - I vaguely remember it for Cummings winning a stage and taking 2nd overall.

I think funding issues cut it to a 1 day race and a later date last year, but now its bigger than ever and back to the start of the season - must be a good year funding wise then

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
stefrees said:
team skys european debut in marseillaise-portal, calzati, cummings, barry, augustyn, kennaugh and possoni. also think hushovd is there too, so if it comes down to a sprint my money is on him.

It ends on a small climb

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Hushovd won the stage into Barcelona last year, so I don't think it would bother him too much. Unless it is a ramp that is.

The stage into Barcelona had most of the climb before the sprint itself, which was on a false flat. This one is about 2kms of 4 or 5%, including the sprint.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Waterloo Sunrise said:
I thought this finishes in Marseille's football ground, in which case it definitely isn't a 2KM climb.

I wouldn't know about that, but the profile released for this year's edition ends in a 2km climb. It's certainly possible they changed it in the last month or so. Maybe they couldn't get permission to close certain roads or something.

A

Anonymous

Waterloo Sunrise said:
I thought this finishes in Marseille's football ground, in which case it definitely isn't a 2KM climb.

FInishes at the Stade velodrome

current situation in la Marsalaise
Julian El Fares (Cofidis), Veikkanen ( Française des Jeux), Westra (Vacansoleil) at 1m45 ahead of the peloton. With De Ghent trying to bridge the gap.
Pelaton led by Ag2r & Bbox

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
FInishes at the Stade velodrome

current situation in la Marsalaise
Julian El Fares (Cofidis), Veikkanen ( Française des Jeux), Westra (Vacansoleil) at 1m45 ahead of the peloton. With De Ghent trying to bridge the gap.
Pelaton led by Ag2r & Bbox

howd you find this out? is there any coverage? (even if text coverage)

A

Anonymous

Publicus said:
Thanks. Really regret not staying more on top of my French. :eek:

Its only basic info, not too hard to follow.

42k to go.. 1m 50 the gap.. its all coming back together

TRENDING THREADS