• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2013 CQ Ranking Manager Game Speculation/name-dropping

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I am undecided, but when weighing it up to me it seems like he will do a repeat of his 2011 season and if he does not.. well he is still bound to at least equal his points..

He is very likely going to be the Boonen of next year..

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Froome19 said:
I am undecided, but when weighing it up to me it seems like he will do a repeat of his 2011 season and if he does not.. well he is still bound to at least equal his points..

He is very likely going to be the Boonen of next year..

This year he entered the season on a new team, after a season where he dominated everything (probably felt some fatigue after 2011), A virus was sweeping through the BMC team (Evans, Hushovd effected, can't remember if Gilbert was or wasn't), and his priorities were focused more towards the later part of the season.
I don't think he will have those problems in 2013, plus he finally has the rainbow jersey that he has been after for so long, so he will want to do it proud and will get in good form for the Ardennes and others races. He won't be as dominating as 2011 but he will still be very good I think.

Afrank said:
This year he entered the season on a new team, after a season where he dominated everything (probably felt some fatigue after 2011), A virus was sweeping through the BMC team (Evans, Hushovd effected, can't remember if Gilbert was or wasn't), and his priorities were focused more towards the later part of the season.
I don't think he will have those problems in 2013, plus he finally has the rainbow jersey that he has been after for so long, so he will want to do it proud and will get in good form for the Ardennes and others races before it. He won't be as dominating as 2011 but he will still be very good I think.

I think he will score 2000 points max so Alberto is a better pick.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
I think he will score 2000 points max so Alberto is a better pick.

Personally at this point I see Gilbert as the more likely of the two to score a lot of points. Plus Contador is around 200 points more, and when your trying to fill up your roster with 33 riders every point counts. I could see Gilbert scoring anywhere between 2000 to 2500 points. Maybe if Contador was known to be riding more than one GT I would say he could score more but at this point it's not even known if his team will get a licence.

And I just can't see Contador doing this ;)

LaFlorecita said:
My prediction for 2013 Alberto to win this and I win cq game

Tour + 3 stage win 840
Giro + 3 stage win 710
Vuelta + 1 stage win 570
Lombardia 275
LBL 275
FW 220
Milano Torino 140
Giro dell Emilia 140
Worlds 400
Tirreno + 2 stage win 320
Pais Vasco + 1 stage win 280
Dauphiné + 2 stage win 320
San Luis + 3 stage win 170

And that is just wins

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
You have to believe

Oh, I believe, I believe he will win

MSR
GW
Sheldeprijs
RVV
PR
Brabantse Pijl
AGR
FW
LBL
Ronde van Belgie
Ster ZLM Tour
Belgian national TT and RR
San Sebastian
Eneco Tour
GP de Quebec
GP de Montreal
GP de Wallonie
Paris Tours
Il Lombardia
Gran Piemonte
World road race championships
at least 15-20 stages in stage races
4 in the Giro
5 in the Vuelta

wait...you meant believe in Contador :p
Ok, Contador can win all the stage races (all 3 GT's, PN, Pais Vasco, San Luis, Dauphine etc.), But the one days will all be won by Phil :D.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
shalgo said:
Contador actually costs 2272 according to Hugo's post in the main game thread, so he costs almost 1200 more.

Was going off his value this year, forgot about Hugo's post. In that case I wish LaFlo good luck in finding 32 more good riders that can get a lot of points :).

But Bobridge did the Olympics and a track programme last year.

What does everyone think about Klodi? In my view he seems as if he could go way better than this years performance but he might be too old (less of a doubt) or could be banned. Is the risk worth it?

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
I am wondering about Brambilla Gianluca that is, I believe he could do good in il Giro but is he gonna get many opportunities in OPQS :confused:

Brambilla is one of the few climber on the team. I think he'll be the leader in the Giro and have a free role in the classics.

What about Guillaume Boivin? He comes off a great season and he is now in the WT. I need a french canadian and I don't know which one I should take. Boivin, Boily or Houle?

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
greenedge said:
But Bobridge did the Olympics and a track programme last year.

What does everyone think about Klodi? In my view he seems as if he could go way better than this years performance but he might be too old (less of a doubt) or could be banned. Is the risk worth it?

I would take it if he were on an other team, but since he is riding for Radioschleck, he won't have a lot of opportunity to ride for himself (maybe Paris-Nice and Pays Vasco)

And what's the cost of Pellizotti?

TRENDING THREADS