• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2014 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Milanello said:
HELLO, I am Milanello to Vélo Club Net (french web), it's my first message here.

My team for the season 2014 (by cqranking) is:

Nairo QUINTANA 1634
Alberto CONTADOR 1228
Michal KWIATKOWSKI 995
Rigoberto URAN 742
Damiano CUNEGO 381
Moreno MOSER 353
Fabio ARU 262
Davide VILLELLA 219
Matthew GOSS 217
Enrco BATTAGLIN 200
Thomas LOFKVIST 193
Thomas DE GENDT 154
Rein TAARAMAE 143
Tom BOONEN 139
Matej MOHORIC 126
Fabio DUARTE 119
Andy SCHLECK 99
Peter KENNAUGH 93
Fredrik KESSIAKOFF 43
Jacopo GUARNIERI 41
Nick NUYENS 30
Luca WACKERMANN 28
Pierre-Henri LECUISINIER 18
Niccolo BONIFAZIO 18
Davide VIGANO 13
Dennis VAN WINDEN 5
Jure KOCJAN 5
Clément VENTURINI 2
Johan Esteban CHAVES 0
Linus GERDEMANN 0
Alessandro BALLAN 0

(Vigano, Van Winden, Kocjan, Venturini it's only for reach 7500)

Hello Milanello, welcome :)

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Damn didn't remember Gilbert re-signed. As long as he isn't horrible he'll still pick up points though, hoping for 1500 or more, so as long as he's better than Van Avermaet I'm safe;)

I thought Andy was a no brainer he showed signs of life last year, costs under 100 and though I don't expect him to be over 1000 he might be. Reasonably 4-500, that's got to be worth a place and 100 points.
Someone picked JTL isn't he banned pending appeal?

Has anyone picked Sammy Sanchez? Could be a big miss.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one that got the great:

P6L599y.jpg

aka: the next Horner

looking forward to the stats on this, agree on Gerdemann bound pick up some easy pts as main focus of MTN climbing department missed him like an idiot.

On Porte I felt Wiggans was better value as if he goes for it again he has more up side.

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Argh missed out on the 0 pointers as I couldn't get the website to show me riders = 0 or < 1 and could only think of Ballan.

Wonder if anyone was brave enough to select Matthew Lloyd when he wasn't signed up by anyone. I'm sure he waited for the CQ Ranking Manager entries to close off before announcing he's off to Jelly Belly.

My team;

GILBERT Philippe
BOASSON HAGEN Edvald
PHINNEY Taylor
MATTHEWS Michael
DENNIS Rohan
LANGEVELD Sebastian
MOSER Moreno
VAN DEN BROECK Jurgen
POELS Wout
HESJEDAL Ryder
ARU Fabio
BRAJKOVIC Janez
GOSS Matthew
GUARDINI Andrea
SWIFT Ben
VON HOFF Steele
DE GENDT Thomas
TAARAMÄE Rein
BOONEN Tom
BLYTHE Adam
KRUIJSWIJK Steven
DUARTE AREVALO Fabio Andres
EWAN Caleb
STUYVEN Jasper
ZABEL Rick
HANSEN Lasse Norman
SCHLECK Andy
APPOLLONIO Davide
COBO ACEBO Juan Jose
NUYENS Nick
RUJANO GUILLEN Jose Humberto
BOBRIDGE Jack
BOIVIN Guillaume

BOASSON HAGEN Edvald
BOONEN Tom
CHAVES RUBIO Jhoan Esteban
DE GENDT Thomas
DENNIS Rohan
DOMBROWSKI Joseph Lloyd
EWAN Caleb
GESINK Robert
GOOS Marc
GOSS Matthew
GUARDINI Andrea
HENAO MARIN Sebastian
HESJEDAL Ryder
KENNAUGH Peter
KESSIAKOFF Fredrik
KRUIJSWIJK Steven
MOHORIC Matej
MOSER Moreno
NORDHAUG Lars Petter
NUYENS Nick
OLIVIER Daan
PHINNEY Taylor
QUINTANA ROJAS Dayer Uberney
ROLLAND Pierre
SANCHEZ GIL Luis Leon
SCHLECK Andy
URAN URAN Rigoberto
VAN DEN BROECK Jurgen
VAN POPPEL Danny
VANENDERT Jelle
VILLELLA Davide
VOROBYEV Anton
YATES Simon

Skidmark is apparently tantalisingly close to completing the input of all the teams, just 5 left to do, but for various reasons cant complete it just yet.

He appreciates your patience, and no he isnt deliberately delaying to build up the suspense, its just a very long winded task, but we'll get there soon enough.

well we actually have some cycling to look forward to tomorrow/tonight. THE FIRST CQ POINTS OF THE SEASON!

mc_mountain said:
Skidmark is apparently tantalisingly close to completing the input of all the teams, just 5 left to do, but for various reasons cant complete it just yet.

He appreciates your patience, and no he isnt deliberately delaying to build up the suspense, its just a very long winded task, but we'll get there soon enough.

well we actually have some cycling to look forward to tomorrow/tonight. THE FIRST CQ POINTS OF THE SEASON!

First points!!! I predict maybe a handful for me ;)

Team explanation!

CONTADOR VELASCO Alberto: 1228
Has the potential to earn 2000+ points. Was a pretty obvious inclusion in my opinion.

GILBERT Philippe: 949
Although it's been a while since we've seen Gilbert at his best, he can easily double his score if he gets it all right.

BOASSON HAGEN Edvald: 743
Had the worst season in a while and I hope he'll bounce back. He'll need to re-find himselv, though.

URAN URAN Rigoberto: 742
Will get a lot of opportunities this season and could double his points.

VOECKLER Thomas: 632
One of the later inclusions in my team. I'm not a fan of him, but he had a pretty bad season in 2013.

CUNEGO Damiano: 381
Had his worst season in a long time and he could potentially tripple his score. There are dark clouds hanging over him, though.

MOSER Moreno: 353
Showed in 2012 that he's one of the most talented riders out there. I hope he'll bounce back this year.

HESJEDAL Ryder: 294
Another late inclusion. I'm still torn, but he doesn't need to do that much to double his score.

ARU Fabio: 262
Another hugely talented rider who'll get a lot of chances this season. I predict 6-700 points for Aru this season.

GOSS Matthew: 217
His career has only gone backwards the last couple of seasons, but I hope he rediscovers some of his old form this year.

YATES Simon: 164
I'm actually sorta regretting picking Yates now. He's very talented, but it's his first year among the pros and he has a lot to learn.

COPPEL Jérôme: 163
2013 was a hugely dissapointing season for Coppel and hopefully he'll score a lot more points this year.

DE GENDT Thomas: 154
He has the potential to quadruple his score, but if he lives up to his talent, only time will tell.

TAARAMÄE Rein: 143
Another hugely dissapointing season. I expect him to triple his score this year.

BOONEN Tom: 139
Boonen and 139 points? Right..

HOWSON Damien: 132
Huge talent with a huge engine. I predict he'll be one of the revelations this season.

EWAN Caleb: 110
Perhaps the most promising sprinter out there. He will have a Coquard-like year, I predict.

SCHLECK Andy: 99
Hard to not pick Andy for less than a houndred points.

DOMBROWSKI Joseph Lloyd: 97
Had a difficult first season among the pros, but he's a very big talent who hopefully will have his breakthrough this year.

GOUGEARD Alexis: 79
Very big talent in my opinion. Looking forward to following him this season.

ALAPHILIPPE Julian: 74
An even bigger talent who'll be very interesting to follow even though he's on a star studded team.

LUTSENKO Alexey: 69
Many expected Lutsenko to be one of the revelations of 2013 but wasn't quite that. Hopefully 2014 will be his breakthrough year.

FORMOLO Davide: 59
Very talented young Italian. Will be interesting to follow. I have high hopes for him.

BRAMBILLA Gianluca: 47
Had a horrible 2013, and could easily quadruple his score. I'll admit that I don't have that high hopes for him though. Was a filler.

HARDY Romain: 46
Another filler. I had 46 points to spend on one rider. Enter Hardy. I have no idea what to expect though.

SÜTTERLIN Jasha: 43
Big talent. Should quite easily triple his points at least.

KESSIAKOFF Fredrik: 42
Almost Boonen-ish.

ANACONA GOMEZ Winner Andrew: 20
Very talented, and his 2013 was destroyed by an injury. I think he'll have a great year.

LECUISINIER Pierre-Henri: 18
Another young guy I'm looking forward to follow.

HENAO MARIN Sebastian: 1
Don't know what to expect, but his name promises a lot.

CHAVES RUBIO Jhoan Esteban: 0
One of the most promising Colombians for 0 points? Yes please.

QUINTANA ROJAS Dayer Uberney: 0
Don't know what to expect, but his name promises a lot.

GERDEMANN Linus: 0
Hard to not pick Gerdemann with him being captain on a promising team.

Hi,

Another newbie, drawn here from a comment on Inrng. This looks like a great game so thanks to whoever did that! My team...

MARTIN Daniel 1275 - - - - Just me then, eh?
COQUARD Bryan 742 - - - - Ahem, and another
WESTRA Lieuwe 497
VANMARCKE Sep 491
PHINNEY Taylor 475
STANNARD Ian 424 - - - - Crossing fingers for a classic win, wishful thinking probably
KÖNIG Leopold 411
DENNIS Rohan 394
LANGEVELD Sebastian 364
VAN POPPEL Danny 289
ARU Fabio 262 - - - - Potential to be converted this season
CAPECCHI Eros 202 - - - - Ditto
BATTAGLIN Enrico 200
YATES Simon 164
DE GENDT Thomas 154
VANDOUSSELAERE Sven 137
KRUIJSWIJK Steven 125
BENNETT Sam 121
DANIEL Maxime 116
ZABEL Rick 105
KENNAUGH Peter 93
KEOUGH Jake 68
FERNANDEZ ANDUJAR Ruben 67
EDMONDSON Joshua 60
YATES Adam 55
DOCKER Mitchell 54
PARRA BUSTAMENTE Heiner Rodrigo 43
WACKERMANN Luca 28
BOBRIDGE Jack 27
RUFFONI Nicola 23
CATTANEO Mattia 18
HENAO MARIN Sebastian 1 - - - - (name)
CHAVES RUBIO Jhoan Esteban 0 - - - - Most popular choice?!

Nice to see everyone else's team. Kicking myself over several - Van Renseburg, Gerdemann, EBH, Taaramae, Ancona......

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I made a squad with +/- 90% of Belgian riders plus Dan Martin because i love this man and Gerdemann and Augustyn because they cost 0 points :)

I did just for the fun

VAN AVERMAET Greg
MARTIN Daniel
GILBERT Philippe
MEERSMAN Gianni
ROELANDTS Jürgen
VANMARCKE Sep
DEHAES Kenny
MONFORT Maxime
VAN DEN BROECK Jurgen
SERRY Pieter
DEVENYNS Dries
DECLERCQ Tim
DE GENDT Thomas
DE BIE Sean
DEGAND Thomas
THEUNS Edward
HULSMANS Kevin
LIETAER Eliot
VLIEGEN Loïc
PESTIAUX Loïc
STALLAERT Joeri
DE TROYER Tim
VAN MELSEN Kevin
DE BUYST Jasper
SPRENGERS Thomas
BACKAERT Frederik
KERF Jérôme
RICKAERT Jonas
DE JONGHE Kevin
CORNU Dominique
AUGUSTYN John-Lee
GERDEMANN Linus

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
search said:
look like Colli, Thurau, Brenes, Bisolti and Rujano are relatively rare picks, lookin' forward to how that will unfold.

Rujano is a gamble of course, hope he's worth it

I don't think he is, frankly :eek: