• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2019 UAE Tour (24/02 - 02/03)

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Very lucky for Gaudu getting the same time as Valverde, but Valverde had to go all out.

Also strange that so many riders got the same time, there was clearly a big gap behind Roglic. Even the commentator said Valverde was gapped but they all had the same time.

D0aoq_tXcAAOuAl.jpg

Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Lequack said:
Very lucky for Gaudu getting the same time as Valverde, but Valverde had to go all out.

Also strange that so many riders got the same time, there was clearly a big gap behind Roglic. Even the commentator said Valverde was gapped but they all had the same time.

D0aoq_tXcAAOuAl.jpg
Roglic is 2s behind Ewan and the rest 5, right?

I think you're right, guess I had some old results open.

Alexandre B. said:
Lequack said:
Escarabajo said:
Why did they give Gaudu the same time as Valverde?

Apparently he had a mechanical because of that crash that Aalverde was also in, but that was before 3km so I don't know. Unless he had another mechanical inside the 3km as well.
He broke his wheel on a speed bump.

I guess the question is, at what point does the 3km rule not makes sense, this was a short climb, but what if it was a 2.5km steep climb? I doubt you could just freewheel it and then gain the same time as the leaders because of a technical?

Lequack said:
Alexandre B. said:
Lequack said:
Escarabajo said:
Why did they give Gaudu the same time as Valverde?

Apparently he had a mechanical because of that crash that Aalverde was also in, but that was before 3km so I don't know. Unless he had another mechanical inside the 3km as well.
He broke his wheel on a speed bump.

I guess the question is, at what point does the 3km rule not makes sense, this was a short climb, but what if it was a 2.5km steep climb? I doubt you could just freewheel it and then gain the same time as the leaders because of a technical?

Yeah, I don't think it made sense that he got the same time as the peloton today.

Interested to see Moschetti tomorrow after his performance today. I noticed that on the first sprint stage he was in great position on the Quickstep leadout's wheel but then they came up from the left and he wasn't cocky enough to get on a wheel so he was in the wind and drifted back. Let's see if he can do better tomorrow.