• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2019 UAE Tour (24/02 - 02/03)

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Escarabajo said:
Jumbo should give the money price to De Plus. He was the one who made it happened today.
I think Lefevre is kicking himself for letting De Plus go. He could have been of great importance to Mas. But his recovery took a long time and maybe DQS started to have doubts about De Plus, even though they have been very outspoken when it came to De Plus' potential in the past? He could also have been an excellent tutor for Evenepoel.

In any case, i think Jumbo is very happy with signing him.

The last km watts of Dumoulin for comparison:

lO5Cxth.png

It seems he should have waited for a little more as he wasn't weaker than Roglic at all.

Re:

Red Rick said:
You know when the pace has been high when Dumoulin easily beats Valverde and Martin in a sprint.

Well Valverde is sick so not really surprised he didn't sprint. Before the stage started he didn't think he could even hold on to the lead group on the climb. He said with as sick as he is he's just glad he didn't lose any time.

Re: Re:

The Chicken said:
Koronin said:
Red Rick said:
You know when the pace has been high when Dumoulin easily beats Valverde and Martin in a sprint.

Well Valverde is sick so not really surprised he didn't sprint. Before the stage started he didn't think he could even hold on to the lead group on the climb. He said with as sick as he is he's just glad he didn't lose any time.

ah I see

I'm sure the crash didn't help any, but it was much more do to being sick and not being able to sleep than it was the crash.

Re:

Scarponi said:
What’s the history of De Plus? Heard the commentators say he was youngest pro on tour at one stage
He was a big talent for GC (he still is only 23), did top 10 in l'Avenir back then. He was also a good timetrialer. When he was 21, QS really thought he could become a good GC rider. He made a decent effort at the WC ITT two years ago (22nd) and rode a strong Giro where he did a lot of work for the team and still managed a +/- 20th place in GC. He was 21 then. But in Lombardia he crashed hard, and recovery lasted months. To make matters worse, he and Vakoc got hit by a truck on training (still while working on the comeback) and both riders had to start recovery from scratch. So it lasted a really long time before he got back in the peloton. Last year, his performances were very hit or miss, which isn't abnormal after such a long recovery.

TRENDING THREADS