• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2023 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 38 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Expected to drop more places after a low score week, but still 6th.

This week is looking better with roglic in catalunya and the 'vlaamse koersen'

Volta Ciclista a Catalunya: Roglic in form and Schelling picking up some early points, youngsters Uijtdebroeks and Van Eetvelt with good performances, expected more from Mader.
Settimana Internazionale Coppi e Bartali: Nice surprise to see Healy back in action and he made the first group, together with Padun, maybe there still hope for him :)
Classic Brugge-De Panne: Ewan and Hoelgaard. Maybe finally the 1st win for Ewan (Schwalbe Classic doesn't count :cool: )

The weekend is also looking promising

E3 Saxo Classic:
KWIATKOWSKI Michal
POLITT Nils
STUYVEN Jasper
ALAPHILIPPE Julian
ASGREEN Kasper
DE POOTER Dries
HOELGAARD Markus

Gent-Wevelgem in Flanders Fields:
HOELGAARD Markus
KWIATKOWSKI Michal
POLITT Nils
STUYVEN Jasper
EWAN Caleb

It finally happened (as we all knew it would). Congrats to the Roglic and MVDP teams for the breakout that is now happening for you. My team of balance is no match for the teams that spent the money for the superstars. But I will continue to battle for a top ten place. Lets see if I cant hang on this week with the below:

Volta Ciclista a Catalunya:
BERNAL GOMEZ Egan Arley - a lucky stage win maybe from a break? No
CARR Simon - Nice breakaway but no points will be had
HAIG Jack - supporting role means blah
SCHELLING Ide - looking good, but not for any GC points
UIJTDEBROEKS Cian - supporting role but maybe some GC points
Van Wilder Ilan - looks good but also supporting role
What is with me picking all the domestiques?

Settimana Internazionale Coppi e Bartali:
GLOAG Thomas
LEONARD Michael
STEINHAUSER George
Was hoping for more from these young studs at a .1 race.

Classic Brugge-De Panne:
BOL Cees
DEKKER David
MIHKELS Madis
PEDERSEN Casper
SCHACHMANN Maximilian
VAN UDEN Casper
All second tier in this field, but maybe I'll get lucky?

The weekend is looking promising

E3 Saxo Classic:
ALAPHILIPPE Julian
ASGREEN Kasper
BOL Cees
SCHACHMANN Maximilian
TURNER Benjamin
WRIGHT Fred
Free Freddy!!

Gent-Wevelgem in Flanders Fields:
ASGREEN Kasper
BOL Cees
DEKKER David
PEDERSEN Casper
WRIGHT Fred
Free Freddy!!

Up to 3rd but will drop down this week as I do not have Roglic in my team. This is the highest position I've been in for probably 10 years and I am surprised how well my team has fared so far considering some of them have had slow starts to the year and others have been on domestique duties. Ganna has been a great pick so far and long may it continue, but that alone will not be enough to hold off the Roglic brigade.

wow, I certainly was not expecting to win this week, obviously with MVDP, I thought I might be quite high but I guessed others would be better. Moschetti is proving to be a valuable pick so far, an integral part of my 2 winning weeks.
don't think I have won more than one week a season before, to do it by March is great.

this week has also got off to a good start with Roglic, Lampaert and Rickaert.

Really like my squad for the upcoming classics
  • VAN DER POEL Mathieu - bound to score 500+ / already at 132 after E3
  • GIRMAY Biniam - bound to score 250+
  • PIDCOCK Thomas - bound to score 250+
  • ALAPHILIPPE Julian - bound to score 200+
  • ASGREEN Kasper - bound to score 100+ / already at 5 after E3
  • LAMPAERT Yves - bound to score 200+ / already at 21 after E3
  • STUYVEN Jasper - bound to score 200+ / already at 5 after E3
  • SCHACHMANN Maximilian - bound / already at 0 after E3
  • KWIATKOWSKI Michal - bound to score 50+
  • SAGAN Peter - bound to score 20+
After E3 - 163 out of 1770 points

I hope RICKAERT Jonas and HALVORSEN Kristoffer will also get to ride some more races.

Last edited:
Up a few places thanks to SKA and Van Uden. As per every GC race so far, nothing happening in Catalunya except that Van Eetvelt might have escaped the miasma of mediocrity surrounding my team. It now looks to have captured Simmons though, who seems to have lost form completely?

Expressed more precisely, five of my most expensive seven riders have amassed 350 points between them all season. That's less than Roglic scored in a single race The other two are Ala and Pidcock who don't really count for this game.

E3
Kragh Andersen
Asgreen
Alaphillipe
Wright
Mikhels
Schachmann

SKA is in great form, but will the team make him sacrifice his chances for MVDP again?

Up a few places thanks to SKA and Van Uden. As per every GC race so far, nothing happening in Catalunya except that Van Eetvelt might have escaped the miasma of mediocrity surrounding my team. It now looks to have captured Simmons though, who seems to have lost form completely?

Expressed more precisely, five of my most expensive seven riders have amassed 350 points between them all season. That's less than Roglic scored in a single race The other two are Ala and Pidcock who don't really count for this game.

E3
Kragh Andersen
Asgreen
Alaphillipe
Wright
Mikhels
Schachmann

SKA is in great form, but will the team make him sacrifice his chances for MVDP again?
Simmons is a slave of Trek guys there

TRENDING THREADS