• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2024 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 68 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Neither can I. I have Uijtdebroeks and Tiberi (shalgo and myself both picked Arensman and Martinez) on my team so I might be able to cut into that lead a little after the Giro but it's hard to see how anyone will close the entire gap.
Well Uijtdebroeks is out of the Giro and Bennett is about to win the GC in Dunkirk for shalgo so that didn't age well. Too many guys on my team contributing nothing (Uijtdebroeks, Hagenes, Staune-Mittet, Gloag...) so I can't keep up.

Reactions: shalgo
My riders for the coming week.
Riders in green are doing the Big One down in Italy.

Amdi Pedersen
Andersen
Bendixen
Bévort
Blume Levy
Bjerg
Cort
Foldager
Gregaard
Honoré
Jørgensen
Kamp
Larsen
Lund
Nielsen
Norsgaard
Salby
Sander Hansen
Stokbro
Søjberg
Valgren
Wallin
Wandahl
Würtz

Last edited:
Update #18: All roads lead to the Milan(s)

In a nice nod to the fact that the Giro is well underway, we saw big weeks from two riders named after one of the largest Italian cities: Milan Fretin and Jonathan Milan.

This Week's Top Scorers

Rank
Team
736​
2​
622​
3​
606​
4​
587​
5​
582​

JPettersen scores a comfortable win this week. Sam Bennett was obviously the star of the show but their team also got a nice boost from the two Milans. Total package nabs second with Bennett/Milan (but not Fretin). Panda Claws rounds out the podium with a nice boost from rare pick Pernsteiner (2nd in the Tour of Hellas). Vladimir is fourth (Bennett, Milan) while 18-Valve.(pithy) can rejoice with Penhoët making up for lost time in a major way.

This Week's High Movers

Rank
Team
Up/down
1​
(+13)​
2​
(+12)​
3​
(+10)​
3​
(+10)​
5​
(+9)​

Lots of repeat names here. JPettersen jumps 13 spots which is the more remarkable because that rockets their team all the way into the top 10. DJ Sprtsch, 10th on the week, climbss 10 spots.

Green Jersey Competition

Rank
Team
Googolplex​
184​
2​
Jakob747​
180​
3​
shalgo​
178​
4​
skidmark​
120​
5​
Shakes​
119​

All quiet on this front as the biggest jump once again belongs to JPettersen who moves into the lower parts of the top10.

Top 10 Overall

Rank
Team
8549​
2​
7359​
3​
7272​
4​
7242​
5​
7139​
6​
7121​
7​
6983​
8​
6954​
9​
6947​
10​
6902​

Another week where Shalgo stretches their lead by 300 points and it's starting to become slightly embarassing for everyone else (if it wasn't already). Jpettersen and Earns1985 enter the top 10 which means that trackstand and Jakob747 have to make way. See you next week for the Giro GC. Can anyone make a dent in the unassailable lead of our leader ?

spreadsheet link

I'm now convinced that shalgo is Pogi's username, definitely parallels with how effortlessly he's winning both a fantasy game and an actual Giro.
Except that I have been playing this game without a victory every year since 2012. If I actually manage to hang on for the win, a better comparison might be old man Horner at the 2013 Vuelta.

Update #18: All roads lead to the Milan(s)

In a nice nod to the fact that the Giro is well underway, we saw big weeks from two riders named after one of the largest Italian cities: Milan Fretin and Jonathan Milan.

This Week's Top Scorers

Rank
Team
736​
2​
622​
3​
606​
4​
587​
5​
582​

JPettersen scores a comfortable win this week. Sam Bennett was obviously the star of the show but their team also got a nice boost from the two Milans. Total package nabs second with Bennett/Milan (but not Fretin). Panda Claws rounds out the podium with a nice boost from rare pick Pernsteiner (2nd in the Tour of Hellas). Vladimir is fourth (Bennett, Milan) while 18-Valve.(pithy) can rejoice with Penhoët making up for lost time in a major way.

This Week's High Movers

Rank
Team
Up/down
1​
(+13)​
2​
(+12)​
3​
(+10)​
3​
(+10)​
5​
(+9)​

Lots of repeat names here. JPettersen jumps 13 spots which is the more remarkable because that rockets their team all the way into the top 10. DJ Sprtsch, 10th on the week, climbss 10 spots.

Green Jersey Competition

Rank
Team
Googolplex​
184​
2​
Jakob747​
180​
3​
shalgo​
178​
4​
skidmark​
120​
5​
Shakes​
119​

All quiet on this front as the biggest jump once again belongs to JPettersen who moves into the lower parts of the top10.

Top 10 Overall

Rank
Team
8549​
2​
7359​
3​
7272​
4​
7242​
5​
7139​
6​
7121​
7​
6983​
8​
6954​
9​
6947​
10​
6902​

Another week where Shalgo stretches their lead by 300 points and it's starting to become slightly embarassing for everyone else (if it wasn't already). Jpettersen and Earns1985 enter the top 10 which means that trackstand and Jakob747 have to make way. See you next week for the Giro GC. Can anyone make a dent in the unassailable lead of our leader ?

spreadsheet link
Yes, I think it's the first time for me in this game that I entered the Top10 Overall. Didn't expect this a few weeks ago, when I deeply regretted not to have picked Ayuso. But since then C.Rodriguez started to score and with Nys and Bennett the last couple weeks my team developed quite in a good way..
For the summer I expect C.Rodriguez and Ayuso to have a very similar schedule. Dauphine, Championships and Tour de France. Perhaps C.Rodriguez has at the tour a better opportunity to score, because Ayuso will perhaps has to sacrifise his GC for Pogacar, but let's see.

Reactions: EvansIsTheBest
Yes, I think it's the first time for me in this game that I entered the Top10 Overall. Didn't expect this a few weeks ago, when I deeply regretted not to have picked Ayuso. But since then C.Rodriguez started to score and with Nys and Bennett the last couple weeks my team developed quite in a good way..
For the summer I expect C.Rodriguez and Ayuso to have a very similar schedule. Dauphine, Championships and Tour de France. Perhaps C.Rodriguez has at the tour a better opportunity to score, because Ayuso will perhaps has to sacrifise his GC for Pogacar, but let's see.
Nys and Bennett earned me my first top 10 weekly ranking since the glory days of the TDU and starting with 2nd.

I was pretty sure Cosnefroy would improve this season, but the way he has steamrolled through spring is mind bending. Now even a prologue.
In the Giro today I am hoping that all stars align and that we get a 1-2-3 of Narvaez, Hermans and Vermaerke.
In Norway there's only Busatto, who hasn't really has a result since ... March? And Walls, who hasn't showed anything since a couple of years ago. Or was there one finish last year where he looked strong? Edit: Walls is in France, my bad. No points incoming either way.

Last edited: