• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 29th Coupe de France de cyclisme sur route (2020)

This year’s French Cup consists of 16 one-day races. Four of the races have the new 1.Pro designation, while the remainder are rated 1.1.

I thought it would be handy to have a single thread for all of the races in the series.

Last year, a few of the races were streamed live in North America on FloBikes (I think they were the ones available on Eurosport). I believe (but am not sure) that many of the remainder are broadcast on the French L’Equipe channel. I’ve sent a couple of messages to USA based cycling content providers asking them to consider obtaining the rights to stream the races here—even if only with French commentary—but don’t hold out much hope that will happen in 2020. I also wrote L’Equipe asking if there was any way to watch the races legally in the USA, and got back a sort of form letter about geo-restrictions. Oh, well. I used to follow bike races by reading print magazines!

Anyway, here are this year’s races.

1. The 41st Grand Prix Cycliste la Marseillaise (1.1)—2nd February
  2. The 62nd Grand Prix de Denain - Porte du Hainaut (1.Pro)—19th March
  3. The 21st Classic Loire Atlantique (1.1)—28th March
  4. The 42nd Cholet - Pays de la Loire (1.1)—29th March
  5. The 25th Route Adélie de Vitré (1.1)—3rd April
  6. The 19th La Roue Tourangelle Centre Val de Loire - Trophée Harmonie Mutuelle (1.1)—5th April
  7. The 81st Paris-Camembert (1.1)—14th April
  8. The 35th Tour du Finistère (1.1)—18th April
  9. The 40th Tro-Bro Léon (1.Pro)—19th April
  10. The 30th Grand Prix de Plumelec-Morbihan (1.Pro)—16th May
  11. The 80th Boucles de l'Aulne - Châteaulin (1.1)—17th May
  12. The 40th La Poly Normande (1.1)—16th August
  13. The 34th Tour du Doubs (1.1)—6th September
  14. The 88th Grand Prix de Fourmies / La Voix du Nord (1.Pro)—13th September
  15. The 74th Grand Prix d'Isbergues - Pas de Calais (1.1)—20th September
  16. The 49th Tour de Vendée (1.1)—4th October

In 2019, when only 15 races were included in the Cup, the overall winning rider was Marc Sarreau of Groupama-FDJ. The winner of the young rider classification was Benoît Cosnefroy, riding for AG2R La Mondiale, which squad took the team classification.

Reactions: TourOfSardinia
I've put together lists and dates for the Italian and Belgian Cups as well, but their organizing bodies haven't published official calendars as yet as near as I can tell, so I based them off last year's. One of the 19 races in last year's Coppa Italia di ciclismo has changed dates, and two of the races in the 2019 Bingoal Cycling Cup (Belgium) may have folded, or at least aren't on the 2020 calendar I consulted (those two being the GP Marcel Kint and the Halle - Ingooigem race). When I have that finalized information I'll probably put up threads for those two cups.

I asked the guys at PCS if they'd consider putting up pages tracking the points in these three series, but in demurring, they said they "had to draw the line somewhere." I'm sympathetic to that view, those guys crunch a lot of numbers.

I've put together lists and dates for the Italian and Belgian Cups as well, but their organizing bodies haven't published official calendars as yet as near as I can tell, so I based them off last year's. One of the 19 races in last year's Coppa Italia di ciclismo has changed dates, and two of the races in the 2019 Bingoal Cycling Cup (Belgium) may have folded, or at least aren't on the 2020 calendar I consulted (those two being the GP Marcel Kint and the Halle - Ingooigem race). When I have that finalized information I'll probably put up threads for those two cups.

I asked the guys at PCS if they'd consider putting up pages tracking the points in these three series, but in demurring, they said they "had to draw the line somewhere." I'm sympathetic to that view, those guys crunch a lot of numbers.

I think only a minority of Coupe de France races are aired live. Most only get a 24 min highlights program shown on Eurosport France, which are also posted on the Ligue National de Cyclisme YouTube within within a week of the race: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf7DdLToxZOfhxuBXeBMObQ/videos

Typically aired live are Denain, Finistere, Tro-Bro-Leon, Fourmies, d'Isbourgues and Vendee. Those are usually livestreamed and/or archived on the regional France 3 channel's YouTube or Facebook page.

L'Equipe 21 airs non-Coupe de France races like La Drome Classic, Classic Sud Ardeche and several stage races.

Reactions: christopherrowe

Shoot Tomas@firstcycling.com a mail, think you’ll have a good chance of having them set up pages

I contacted Tomas at firstcycling and he said he was happy to build those pages. I'm running down some information for him. Basically the 2020 scoring systems for all three cups (I found the 2019 scoring systems for Italy and Belgium, I doubt they'll change much if at all) and the Italian and Belgian schedules, which still haven't been updated on the organizers' websites.

Races broadcasted live (in red)
EO95ECsXUAAZv5b

Reactions: Kaptain Kool

TRENDING THREADS