• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The "are we being watched" thread.

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
We make a lot of noise. People talk about it. So they want to know what we're saying about them. Simple.

Even Lance reads it from time to time. I remember him twittering his agreement with a VN post fairly recently.

Now that would be a fun test. If we started a thread titled "Landis releases video of Armstrong doping!" I bet within seconds, LA's blackberry would ignite! :D

May 26, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Round up the Livestrong muppets and we'll guess who is who.

elmostrong.jpg

that would make a good evenings entertainment.

I nominate cobblestoned as Bruyneel/Hog.:D

Of course, if TJVG is referring to CN, he's not talking about the Clinic, but about the response to what he said about the radio ban, which is the only time he's been discussed here recently, as far as I know.

Wiggins is probably a different matter.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
I got chewed-out by "Turbo" within 20 minutes of one of my first posts to this forum. He either read it or someone saw it and then immediately sent it to him.

They watch (or their minions do).

funny, I heard he took so much dope that he was still glowing in the after effects and didn't even need to juice anymore.

is he still living in his mom's basement and fixing flat tires for a living?

Sometimes they should show a bit more respect though. If it weren't for people like us, sponsors wouldn't give a flying duck about cycling and they couldn't earn their £2m transfers to new teams or live faux-rockstar fantasies.

Anyway.

Hey, Cav, say hi to Peta for me.
hubbahubba.gif

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Roland Rat said:
Sometimes they should show a bit more respect though. If it weren't for people like us, sponsors wouldn't give a flying duck about cycling and they couldn't earn their £2m transfers to new teams or live faux-rockstar fantasies.

i agree if it wasn't for the clinic Amgen wouldn't sponsor the ToC....:rolleyes:

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Allright this thread has ran its course, although it might have been an interesting debate you have completely gone past the usefulness of this thread

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
ooops. JV wouldn't let him away with that.

Perhaps now, but back when they(garmin) were sponsored by Chipotle, I found it pretty funny when I saw the riders eating burritos at a local competitor in Boulder.

You'd think they could at least eat for free if they showed up to Chipotle in the team kit

May 13, 2009
Visit site
sniper said:
What pieces of which puzzle are you still missing after Floyd's interview?

I guess those who continue to insist that the rumors about AC and LA are just rumors, and insist that hard proof is missing, are indeed missing several pieces of the puzzle.

I guess if you're just interested in LA, then Floyd is the end all.

Missing pieces of the puzzle to me are how stuff is done right now. How effective is microdosing? How sensitive are controls? What are the masking agents? What new tests will we see in the near future? What new doping is employed right now?

Floyd is 5 years removed. Methods have changed.