• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Astana Punishment Poll

What should happen to Astana?

• Nothing should happen to the team

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Off with their heads! UCI needs to make an example. For everyone who thinks UCI hand selects positives, I don't buy into that, yet... They surely would have got Horner by now? Or is he too pro?

observer said:
I voted nothing.

I haven't seen any proof of systematic doping. Just assumption. But it can also be assumed that the brothers were helping each other out, and the young guy was just being brash.
Yeah right not systematic doping but Davydenok, Iglinskiy, Iglinskiy, Kreuziger, Bazayev, Contador, Vino, Kash, Gusev etc...
...more than 1 guy busted/year average since cretion of the team. Only Scinto's YellowFluo can compete in the same league.

Team should be disbanded but may be it's difficult to do so with a national team that has ties with Putin so at least they should be demoted to CT with a 2 month suspension.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I voted fine.
Were that money should go I believe is to a world type charity. To suspend or harm the team would affect to many and harm the sport.
IMHO

RiccoDinko said:
Off with their heads! UCI needs to make an example. For everyone who thinks UCI hand selects positives, I don't buy into that, yet... They surely would have got Horner by now? Or is he too pro?

An example of what?

I'm not sure why you don't think the UCI selects their sanctions. What about Menchov's sudden retirement and secret sanction?

Read the WADA standards. The anti-doping authority is empowered to pick and chose their sanctions as they see fit regardless of scores. It's happened at every level of IOC sport starting at the President of the IOC and downward.

classicomano said:
Target test Nibali the whole ****ing year.

And never test positive.

Nibali can't go positive. That means another TdF winner was doping in the cleanest peloton ever. French riders on the podium with plausible performances and everything!!!

They can give him a nice vacation by denying Astana a WT license. We know the UCI meddles in the rider selection affairs at the team level. He can cool down at a lower rank while never testing positive.

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Responsibility should weight higher on the teams.

Public hearing with coach, doctors and riders presented. A couple of months suspension and no invite to grand tours the following year.
Or something along those lines.

TRENDING THREADS