• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Aussie press

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Another great display from the Aussies in both ToC and Giro yesterday and no coverage whatsoever in the country's ONLY national newspaper this morning. Absolutely disgusting.

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Paulo_60 said:
Another great display from the Aussies in both ToC and Giro yesterday and no coverage whatsoever in the country's ONLY national newspaper this morning. Absolutely disgusting.

Settle down, its AFL and League season ;)

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Paulo_60 said:

which one is the only National paper?

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
stefank said:
On the other hand, the Mercury in Hobart seems to have discovered that the Giro exists - Goss had major coverage on both the front and back page the other day.

Given how the Tasmanians are going over there, it's probably about time they discovered it too :)

Cheers
Greg Johnson

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
Notso Swift said:
err, Sky anyone ;)

Well aware of the connection! But it wasn't them winning, was it? A race will often only exist on the stages Sky does well on.

Notso Swift said:
Anyway this is the exact reason why CyclingNews was started, remember it was originally Australian owned

And we've still got an Australian office!

Cheers
Greg Johnson

Not sure what your on about as coverage has been good here in South Australia.

The ABC radio provide an update in the news every morning and throughout the day. Just heard an interview with Porte on ABC at lunch time.

The other day in the Advertiser second back page, there was huge photo of Cadel covered in mud from Sat nights stage.

I think its been pretty good really compared to the past.

Loving the GIRO, although the delay due to fricking tennis on Eurosport is annoying.

Go Aussie

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
hughmoore said:

The ABC radio provide an update in the news every morning and throughout the day. Just heard an interview with Porte on ABC at lunch time.

The other day in the Advertiser second back page, there was huge photo of Cadel covered in mud from Sat nights stage.

Loving the GIRO, although the delay due to fricking tennis on Eurosport is annoying.

Go Aussie

My point was that there was nothing in the country's only NATIONAL newpaper 'The Australian'. QLD's newspaper gives no coverage so I then look to the national press. I don't get SA papers.
I'm with you on the tennis though.

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
hughmoore said:

Go Aussie

i watch it on gazetta tv. although its in italian, it has the best coverage, and less interuptions from ads.
(and who wants to listen to that idiot kelly anyway - i understand the italian commentary just as well) :p

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Greg Johnson said:
Well aware of the connection! But it wasn't them winning, was it? A race will often only exist on the stages Sky does well on.

And we've still got an Australian office!

Cheers
Greg Johnson

Not suggesting you didn't know LOL

TRENDING THREADS