• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Big 6

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The myth lives on

PN: Tadej Pogacar
TA: Primoz Roglic
MSR: Mathieu Van der Poel
E3: Wout Van Aert
GW: Wout Van Aert*
RVV: Tadej Pogacar
PR: Mathieu Van der Poel
Catalunya: Primoz Roglic
Vuelta Pais Vasco: Jonas Vingegaard
AGR: Tadej Pogacar
FW: Tadej Pogacar
LBL: Remco Evenepoel
Giro: Primoz Roglic (provisional)

Only scraps were left
- GW was given away
- Strade was won by Pidcock but saw none of the big six participate
- Romandie was won by Adam Yates but same story
Roglic has already had a dream season, let alone career, for 99% of the peloton. And yet he's seen as the weakest of this bunch.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Is there any proof of Vingegaard's alleged nuclear form that I've heard about on here and on twitter or is everyone just talking mess.

Vinge was already very strong in the Basque Country and considering his perfect Tour peaks in the previous years, a long altitude camp after his last race and no setbacks there's no reason to think he won't be super strong at the Tour again.

Is there any proof of Vingegaard's alleged nuclear form that I've heard about on here and on twitter or is everyone just talking mess.

I've seen far too many 'man Contador is really looking dialled in from his Instagram photos' posts in my time.

We will know in a week anyway I suppose.
I never read too much into this.

Pogacar supposedly was breaking records and his coaches made him hide his Strava records on Stelvio and Gavia records etc. Contador would always talk about his watts, etc.

Reactions: Sandisfan
It all comes to me now. It all makes sense. They are the near perfect parallel to the Big 3/4/5 or whatevery you wanted to call it in tennis.

Pogacar = Federer. The most loved. The most alround. The most naturally gifted. Also doesn't use his left hand.

Vingegaard = Nadal. One trick pony. 40 minute + climbs = topspin to the backhand. Loves to clobber Federer Pogacar in France

Evenepoel = Djokovic. The most controversial. The most devisive fanbase. Forced out of main objective due to COVID vaccination status. History of disappointment at Olympics

Roglic = Murray. The most humane champion, combining crushing defeats with the most satisfying wins. Smiles when the English a Welshman loses. Surprise Olympic champion clobbering Djokovic/Federer Evenepoel and Van Aert. Biggest redemption story. Super dry meme interviews.

Van der Poel = Wawrinka. Completely useless most of the year, yet nearly invincible when he has his moment. Occasionally known for questionable short bibs choices.

Van Aert = ----

Sorry can't find a Van Aert parallel without becoming very demeaning to Wout.

Last edited:
It all comes to me now. It all makes sense. They are the near perfect parallel to the Big 3/4/5 or whatevery you wanted to call it in tennis.

Pogacar = Federer. The most loved. The most alround. The most naturally gifted. Also doesn't use his left hand.

Vingegaard = Nadal. One trick pony. 40 minute + climbs = topspin to the backhand. Loves to clobber Federer Pogacar in France

Evenepoel = Djokovic. The most controversial. The most devisive fanbase. Forced out of main objective due to COVID vaccination status. History of disappointment at Olympics

Roglic = Murray. The most humane champion, combining crushing defeats with the most satisfying wins. Smiles when the English a Welshman loses. Surprise Olympic champion clobbering Djokovic/Federer Evenepoel and Van Aert. Biggest redemption story. Super dry meme interviews.

Van der Poel = Wawrinka. Completely useless most of the year, yet nearly invincible when he has his moment. Occasionally known for questionable short bibs choices.

Van Aert = ----

Wout = 2009 US Open Del Potro.

Simply better.

Van Aert = ----

How is Federer the most gifted.

He is a pubstomper that faced years of being clobbered by Nadal and Djokovic.

Are you saying he just didn't bother training enough?

Van Aert = ----

The one-trick pony won more GS other than his one trick than the last two's entire GS combined

EDIT:
Okay, my bad, I see now you're not referring to the grand slam, but still I can't understand people trying hard to put Murray or any other onr into that very small company.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS