The Boogie confesses

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Look closer; van Lancker, Bouwmans, Roossen, Dekker, Kvalsvoll all top 25.

Boogerd was 5 minutes down on them, shows his talent?
After that bad result he may have realized that with his low natural Hct, just just had to up the dosage. Up til then he probably considered himself as leveling the playing field, from there on he started "real" doping.
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
It is a joke, when people are asked about doping in sport cycling is the first sport that springs to everyone's mind and tongues, yet these guys still cant help trying to protect themselves from full confessions and the realisation that the sport is in the gutter, in the publics eye and in reality.

That after the last year alone should make any sensible person say that enough is enough, but the omerta makes them cling on to some idea that what they did was not bad and everyone else did it too so it was ok and their wins are true wins because everyone was doing it. B*llix.

And the saddest thing is some people believe the current crop when they say the doping is gone or it is the minority..........get a grip.

I dont see anything different. Leinders was still working, Bruyneel, Lefevere, Ibaguren, Ferarri, Saronni etc and the icing UCI.......the list is endless.

Boorgerd is the latest comedian who rode a bike.
 
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Look closer; van Lancker, Bouwmans, Roossen, Dekker, Kvalsvoll all top 25.

Boogerd was 5 minutes down on them, shows his talent?
That's not very fair. Boogerd was only 22. Of those who finished ahead of him, I think only Vandenbroucke was younger (might have missed someone, though).
 
Apr 13, 2010
20
0
0
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Look closer; van Lancker, Bouwmans, Roossen, Dekker, Kvalsvoll all top 25.

Boogerd was 5 minutes down on them, shows his talent?
Of the people you mention I have serious doubts about van Lancker, Bouwmans and Dekker.
 
Apr 20, 2012
6,321
0
0
hrotha said:
That's not very fair. Boogerd was only 22. Of those who finished ahead of him, I think only Vandenbroucke was younger (might have missed someone, though).
Fair point, the age, I also noticed Aldag and Meijia there.

Benito said:
Of the people you mention I have serious doubts about van Lancker, Bouwmans and Dekker.
You are allowed, even if it does not make any sense.

Especially Bouwmans and van Lancker were known EPO wonders :eek:
 
Apr 13, 2010
20
0
0
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
You are allowed, even if it does not make any sense.

Especially Bouwmans and van Lancker were known EPO wonders :eek:
Bouwmans finished 14th in the Tour of 1992. Lets see who finished in front of him... doped...doped...doped...doped...etc. Lets see who finished behind him...doped...doped...doped...doped...doped... Well he must truly be an EPO wonder. He was the first clean rider in the Tour of that year.

As far as van Lancker is concerned wins Amstel in 1989 just ahead of ...dopy...dopy and don't forget dopy. Even more remarkable his victory in LBL 1990 over doper...doper...doper... and super-duper-doper.

I think some doubt for these two riders is justified.
 
Apr 20, 2012
6,321
0
0
Benito said:
Bouwmans finished 14th in the Tour of 1992. Lets see who finished in front of him... doped...doped...doped...doped...etc. Lets see who finished behind him...doped...doped...doped...doped...doped... Well he must truly be an EPO wonder. He was the first clean rider in the Tour of that year.

As far as van Lancker is concerned wins Amstel in 1989 just ahead of ...dopy...dopy and don't forget dopy. Even more remarkable his victory in LBL 1990 over doper...doper...doper... and super-duper-doper.

I think some doubt for these two riders is justified.
In that case you would be very suspective of Edwig van Hooydonk, Gilles Delion, Hampsten, LeMond too.

You must be right.
 
Jan 29, 2010
502
0
0
So it seems that Boogerd got his confession out just in time to beat Rasmussen to the punch.

I wonder if his whole story about his son being there when some kid called him a doper is as factual as his confession? :rolleyes:
 
coinneach said:
You think not opening up and not naming names will solve anything?
Yeah i think that single riders confessing and naming some former teammates doping won't change anything.

In the past decade most top riders got caught & a bunch of teammanagers got implicated. We heard a lot of talk about the ''new' cycling era, but nothing changed. Just look at this years Tour, it's US Postal all over again.

I don't see how Boogerd giving up Menchov or Erik Dekker will change anything in cycling.
 
WinterRider said:
WOW :eek:

I can't believe the stance he's taken here:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/boogerd-defends-leinders
Boogerd said that the culture should not be compared to that which occurred at the U.S Postal team or Festina.

Believe it. What is down is up when you are at the elite level of cycling. He's comparing what he and others on Rabo did and declaring it better. I'm sure that perspective on his cheating makes him feel better.

I wouldn't call it Omerta as he's been at least half-truthful.

This is a perfect example of how broken the UCI and likely other Olympic-blessed federations are though.
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
1
0
Roninho said:
Yeah i think that single riders confessing and naming some former teammates doping won't change anything.

In the past decade most top riders got caught & a bunch of teammanagers got implicated. We heard a lot of talk about the ''new' cycling era, but nothing changed. Just look at this years Tour, it's US Postal all over again.

I don't see how Boogerd giving up Menchov or Erik Dekker will change anything in cycling.
very simple actually.
the explicit naming of names increases the chances that rotten apples are removed from the sport.

For instance, Rasmussen just named Dion van Bommel.
It increases the chances that this enabler will be removed from the game.
Of course, he may be replaced by another enabler, or he may not. In any case it is a signal that helps and will make people see that by administering PEDs they put their job on the line.

Boogerd's omerta attitude accomplishes the reverse: it makes enablers believe they'll get away with everything.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS