• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Bora - Hansgrohe team thread

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Vlasov should had been disqualified, the guy didn't had nationality during the Vuelta.
eb6.jpg

Provisional grand tour plan.

Bora podcast.

Reactions: Sandisfan
It looks like this could be the year where Bora comes back to the 2019 strength.

Of course it's early days, but the way Welsford easily won two stages is a indictment of Sam Bennett tbh. had the best sprint train in the field (together with the TDF Alpecin leadout) but hasn't won much. I could see Welsford winning 6-7 WT sprints this year. Maybe another one today. UAE could be a good opportunity as well. Giro is a bit hard with Kooij there and a few too much hills on certain days for a rider like Welsford. But sent him to Pologne, Renewi or Guangxi an the wins will keep on comin...

I also like there GT teams. If the lead out works that great it is a good opportunity to take Welsford there as there is no big name GC leader there. Kämna and Martinez can try but both are also good riders for a stage win if there GC hopes fall apart. Buchmann also was good in the last Giri he rode - all in all it's better to keep him out of the Tour Team as even on his best level he can't do much to give. a rider like Roglic support. Bit surpirsed that Sobrero but I think that could be to also give some support in hectic flat and hilly stages. I would expect Zweihoff,Mullen or Gamper to join this team as well.

Tour all-in for Roglic and they even made it possible that the best support riders are all part of the first Start-list. Denz is there best Roleur atm, Hindley and Vlasov are the strongest mountain support they could bring. van Poppel could be key when it comes to the sprint finishes to keep Roglic safe. Martinez, Sobrero and Kämna would be great domestiques and I would also guess that Bob Jungels is in the mix as well for a start. He seems to be more a guy for the classics in the spring, but in the summer he should be part of the GT team.

Also I predict that Higuita will not ride a GT this year. he seems to be again on the startlist for the Vuelta, but with RB coming in he probably will leave the team anyway.

That's the sad part. I was a supporter of the team for now almost 10 years and really closely followed the work of Denk an his team over the years. Unfortunately that will now come to a close probably even in the summer when Red Bull takes over. Sad thing for me to losoe the team I was rooting for but I can't bring myself to support a team sponsored by RB. Overall it's great for Denk and the sport I know, but yeah It's Red Bull that is not working for me.

That's the sad part. I was a supporter of the team for now almost 10 years and really closely followed the work of Denk an his team over the years. Unfortunately that will now come to a close probably even in the summer when Red Bull takes over. Sad thing for me to losoe the team I was rooting for but I can't bring myself to support a team sponsored by RB. Overall it's great for Denk and the sport I know, but yeah It's Red Bull that is not working for me.

No harm in enjoying the 2024 season. Where it's still the same team you fell in love with.

Bora won't do sh*t. They bought an old GC rider and are realising that he has 1 maybe 2 years left to get second or third.

Like I said, Roglic is not winning any GC again. He will come close but he is over the hill as a winner of a GC.

Bora can buy all they want but we all know by now that it's not only power or riders that means success. How teams are working together has been key and I don't see Bora nor Red Bull changing that in cycling.

Money is not everything.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan and acm
Bora won't do sh*t. They bought an old GC rider and are realising that he has 1 maybe 2 years left to get second or third.

Like I said, Roglic is not winning any GC again. He will come close but he is over the hill as a winner of a GC.

Bora can buy all they want but we all know by now that it's not only power or riders that means success. How teams are working together has been key and I don't see Bora nor Red Bull changing that in cycling.

Money is not everything.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbpFpjLVabA