• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Bot logic thread

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Benotti69 said:
TheSpud said:
thehog said:
TheSpud said:
red_flanders said:
Hog making wild un-supported claims? Say it isn't so...

I couldn't possibly comment ...

Thanks Spud, you're absolutely right, I was making wild unsubstantiated claims (that you failed to link) there's nothing to see here. The fact that every possiabke piece of potential evidence to clear sky has gone missing is one bizarre coincidence, nothing else. I apologise for completely misreading the situation. Sky are clean and transparent, just like they always told us :cool:

You really can be a total fool at times. But I guess it's par for the course, it's been your MO for sometime now.

I'm not the fool, you are. You made a claim that the whole doping scam was run by Brailsford and Sutton but you cant back it up.

Post the link or shut up. Nothing has changed ...

You still claiming that Brailsford managed all these gold medals and TdF wins without doping? Really?

Puuleeeaaaseeeee :lol:

There would be no need for a bot thread if that was true :D

I believe Spud is still stuck on "there is no evidence", which if Spud was in 2003 he'd be saying "never tested positive" :lol:

Every forum needs a Village idiot and we like Spud because he's our Village idiot.

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site

Digger said:
Electress said:
Digger said:
yes she did release my identity and my work on a public tweet...
as for sky fans, yea it seems they took a bit of a shine to me alright!
the worst though was from a guy running the account journal velo - what he did was off the charts mental

You can't leave that hanging there - just what constitutes 'off the charts mental' in Skyworld?

hacked facebook account of who he thought was me - got photos of 'my wife and kids' - both wrong - and said the kids look disabled whilst the wife was fat and ugly...he also tried to hack two other facebook accounts that same weekend...of two guys who are well known sky critics.
It was told back to me that he was the person who did it...

added on to that is that he's on here from time to time

hello euan!

Jesus! That's insane.
Very creepy stuff.
Seems like there's a fine line with some people between being a normal fan and a fanatical nutjob.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Dan2016 said:
So anyway...

For a little light relief, some black humour, here's a short video...audience reactions to a Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking' conference aka Marginal Gummybears aka Complete Shite...how vulnerable many people are to being fed complete bollox (I think this fits in with general 'botlogic'):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAyNhMGiXRU

....funny but the following youtube thingee was found on the same page....coincidence?....maybe?...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRpz0zuAGVs

Shawn Farquhar Penn and Teller Fool Us

Cheers

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site

Dan2016 said:
Digger said:
Electress said:
Digger said:
yes she did release my identity and my work on a public tweet...
as for sky fans, yea it seems they took a bit of a shine to me alright!
the worst though was from a guy running the account journal velo - what he did was off the charts mental

You can't leave that hanging there - just what constitutes 'off the charts mental' in Skyworld?

hacked facebook account of who he thought was me - got photos of 'my wife and kids' - both wrong - and said the kids look disabled whilst the wife was fat and ugly...he also tried to hack two other facebook accounts that same weekend...of two guys who are well known sky critics.
It was told back to me that he was the person who did it...

added on to that is that he's on here from time to time

hello euan!

Jesus! That's insane.
Very creepy stuff.
Seems like there's a fine line with some people between being a normal fan and a fanatical nutjob.

....hmmm....you may want to reconsider using fine line in this context....just a thought eh....

Cheers

From Botradar, home of the bots:

With all due respect, this is where I (and possibly others) have a problem - the cast iron certainty that serious wrong-doing has been going on and that there is definitely proven doping violations to come out.

All we've had is a 'doping' scandal without the doping: a possibly questionable TUE, a jiffy bag that may or may not have something ropy in it, and someone who might have been injecting vitamins that Sky declined to throw under the bus. But some people seem determined that this is LA/US Postal all over again. If that comes out, then so be it, but there really hasn't been signs anything like that is coming. And plenty enough people have been made unhappy by Sky that haven't had anything else to offer.

File under, nothing to see here :lol:

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:

With all due respect, this is where I (and possibly others) have a problem - the cast iron certainty that serious wrong-doing has been going on and that there is definitely proven doping violations to come out.

All we've had is a 'doping' scandal without the doping: a possibly questionable TUE, a jiffy bag that may or may not have something ropy in it, and someone who might have been injecting vitamins that Sky declined to throw under the bus. But some people seem determined that this is LA/US Postal all over again. If that comes out, then so be it, but there really hasn't been signs anything like that is coming. And plenty enough people have been made unhappy by Sky that haven't had anything else to offer.

Sounds all too much like the time frame where all there was were Emma O'Reilly, the backdated cosrtisine TUE from 1999 and, I think, a garbage can with syringes or something like that. Then it was the "crazy jealous French".

thehog said:

Might be time to revisit...

From Cyclingnews comments section:
Bradley Wiggins: What I have to say will shock a few people
31 minutes ago

logologic:
Wiggins has been pilloried by the Press. Apparently he is fair game for following the rules. A lot of scribblers for the red tops and even the Guardian think they are going to find a big story on Wiggins. I can tell you that they will not. Wiggins has kept his powder dry out of proper respect for the official enquiry. Scribblers, however, lacking any evidence whatsoever are quite content to take him straight to execution, no trial. I can tell you that he will not be charged with anything, there will not be any trial. The people who will be shocked are the failures who have run whingeing to the Press because they were not up to scratch and did not get selected by British Cycling for the Olympics.

Wiggins will tell it how it is, without fear or favour. He is a man to respect and revere, a fantastic example to young cyclists.
#BOTLOGIC

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Irondan said:
31 minutes ago

logologic:
Wiggins has been pilloried by the Press. Apparently he is fair game for following the rules. A lot of scribblers for the red tops and even the Guardian think they are going to find a big story on Wiggins. I can tell you that they will not. Wiggins has kept his powder dry out of proper respect for the official enquiry. Scribblers, however, lacking any evidence whatsoever are quite content to take him straight to execution, no trial. I can tell you that he will not be charged with anything, there will not be any trial. The people who will be shocked are the failures who have run whingeing to the Press because they were not up to scratch and did not get selected by British Cycling for the Olympics.

Wiggins will tell it how it is, without fear or favour. He is a man to respect and revere, a fantastic example to young cyclists.
#BOTLOGIC

That comments section is funny reading. I can no longer work out what's real botlogic and what's parody.

Dan2016 said:
Irondan said:
31 minutes ago

logologic:

#BOTLOGIC

That comments section is funny reading. I can no longer work out what's real botlogic and what's parody.
Yeah, it gets rather silly in there... :rolleyes:

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
I like this one, from the same comments section above. Funny final sentence. People aren't really this stupid are they?

From what has come to light so far it seems that Mr Wiggins has not broken any UCI or WADA rules. His use of TUEs only came to light because of a Russian hacking group (probably linked to the Russian Government) which published confidential medical records, and all the subsequent investigations have stemmed from this.
Could it be that the Russians wanted this to happen as it takes the focus off what they may or may not have been doing.
Mr Wiggins may not be as pure as the driven snow but we are looking at a few minor infractions (legal at the time) which maybe against the Team Sky ethos, but it is far from the systematic doping of the Armstrong era.
Could this just be a storm in a teacup and a smokescreen for the Russians?

Re:

Dan2016 said:
I like this one, from the same comments section above. Funny final sentence. People aren't really this stupid are they?

From what has come to light so far it seems that Mr Wiggins has not broken any UCI or WADA rules. His use of TUEs only came to light because of a Russian hacking group (probably linked to the Russian Government) which published confidential medical records, and all the subsequent investigations have stemmed from this.
Could it be that the Russians wanted this to happen as it takes the focus off what they may or may not have been doing.
Mr Wiggins may not be as pure as the driven snow but we are looking at a few minor infractions (legal at the time) which maybe against the Team Sky ethos, but it is far from the systematic doping of the Armstrong era.
No, not all of them. There's a lot of smart, experienced commentators in there but it's littered with bots and people that are not willing to let go of deep rooted biases.

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site

Irondan said:
Dan2016 said:

No, not all of them. There's a lot of smart, experienced commentators in there but it's littered with bots and people that are not willing to let go of deep rooted biases.

Yeah I must start reading the comments more. Mainly intelligent and funny for that article, good funny that is.
Amazing what blind bias does to some other people though.

Re:

Irondan said:
31 minutes ago

logologic:

#BOTLOGIC

That's an impressive amount of botting, off the scales! #botlogic

Some serious botting going on here #botlogic :surprised:

30l2h4m.jpg

mcduff said:
thehog said:
According the bots at BotRadar, rasism is acceptable if it's perpetrated by a Sky rider... shaking my head.

2zdvhhj.jpg

Its a subtle jokey joke of historical nature

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A8yjNbcKkNY

Poorly done mind, you.

Look at the reactions from team owners, politicians, sports administrators and fans to racism in Baseball from Redsock fans. There has been total outage and condemnation, to a standing ovation to Adam Jones for the way he dealt with the monkey taunts.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/02/sports/baseball/adam-jones-orioles-red-sox-racist-taunts.html?_r=0

Cycling way of dealing is to pretend it didn't happen and to pass it off as a Monty Python joke. That's shitfull but I wouldn't expect much more from BotRadar.

TRENDING THREADS