• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The British Weather

Sep 8, 2009
Visit site
Just thought after reading a number of threads on the Forum I would start one about the British Weather and see how long it took before the Sun, the Clouds and the Moon were accused of doping....:D

A

Anonymous

suns shining here, but then it always does in devon.. rain in the north today though..

A

Anonymous

badboyberty said:
Britain's weather's clean, but you have to wonder what sort of drugs people are on when they choose to live in a place with weather like that.:rolleyes:

im clean.. my parents doped in the sixties though.. everyone did.. as a result im naturally immune to inclement weather..

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
It always rains in the north they're used to it.

I like our weather, if it was really hot for more than a few months you would get all sorts of bugs and ridiculously huge spiders mosquitos snakes scorpions. F**k that, this is a civilised country.

Also pollution takes a serious turn for the worse when it reacts with sunlight, really bad for cyclists.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Mickey75 said:
Just thought after reading a number of threads on the Forum I would start one about the British Weather and see how long it took before the Sun, the Clouds and the Moon were accused of doping....:D

Well, they all have a link with SKY, so they must be doped.

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
cromagnon said:
It always rains in the north they're used to it.

I like our weather, if it was really hot for more than a few months you would get all sorts of bugs and ridiculously huge spiders mosquitos snakes scorpions. F**k that, this is a civilised country.

Also pollution takes a serious turn for the worse when it reacts with sunlight, really bad for cyclists.

I've an Australian sister-in-law who still freaks out at the sight of spiders, even though she's been out of the "Lucky Country" :rolleyes:for ten years now.

Such fun on slow days: "Look Jenny, is that a redback ? Oh, here's another one.......and it's got some babies, too". :D

I like our weather too, even though we've had hardly any rain here since the beginning of April.

<Ducks behind the sofa>

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Another beautiful day in sunny southern BC... sunny and 27 degrees with a mild evening breeze. Heaven. How I miss the UK weather... and the Vancouver weather... and the north of 60 weather... :D

dimspace said:
suns shining here, but then it always does in devon.. rain in the north today though..

This comment is gonna show how much i know abou the UK but i never knew there was a place called Devon. The first thing i thought about was those big devon logs:eek: Get your mind out of the gutter people.......:D

Edit:I tried to find i pic of what i'm talking about. You know those logs of devon you get from the supermarket. Well i typed "Devon meat log" into google images and well............. just don't do it is all i'm gonna say.

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
cheap wedding dresses,wedding dresses,wedding dress,simple wedding dresses,classy wedding dresses,beautiful wedding dresses,weddingdress
wedding dresses
cheap wedding dresses
Evening dresses
With more 1000 Designer dresses,we supply Evening Dresses,Custom Dresses,formal gowns,cocktail dresses with wholesale price
prom dresses
Dresses, evening, cocktail, prom dresses, formal gowns from dresseslife. Homecoming dresses and bridesmaid
Graduation Dresses