• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Climb (Froome's first autobiography)

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
LaFlorecita said:
I have been waiting months if not years for someone to bring that up.

Didn't think it would be Froome himself.

That is the time Contador had 2 punctures on the final climb - one of them with 2k to go - and then just freewheeled to the finish.

Crossed the line with BFF Jesus a couple minutes down

But of course the bots don't know that, so Froome is feeding them he was stronger than Contador :rolleyes:

I checked the video. And it's a hardly a "mountain finish".

http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/videos/ciclismo/ciclismo-vuelta-castilla-leon-resumen-3-etapa/1765347/

Don't worry the bots will take the Botbible as virtue.

Eshnar said:
Well he also beat Quintana :eek:

1 Filippo Savini (Ita) Colnago - CSF Inox 3:58:25
2 Bauke Mollema (Ned) Rabobank Cycling Team 0:00:07
3 Domenico Pozzovivo (Ita) Colnago - CSF Inox

19 Tom Jelte Slagter (Ned) Rabobank Cycling Team 0:00:40
20 Christopher Froome (GBr) Sky Procycling 0:00:41
21 Mikel Nieve Ituralde (Spa) Euskaltel-Euskadi 0:01:02
22 Giampaolo Cheula (Ita) Geox-TMC 0:01:05
23 Fabrice Jeandesboz (Fra) Saur - Sojasun
24 Nairo Quintana Rojas (Col) Colombia Es Pasion - Cafe De Colombia
25 Carlos Fernando Piamonte Rodriguez (Col) EPM - UNE 0:01:10
26 Víctor De La Parte (Spa) Caja Rural 0:01:12
27 Victor Cabedo (Spa) Orbea Continental 0:02:35
28 Alberto Contador Velasco (Spa) Saxo Bank Sungard 0:02:50

But failed to mention that Mollema best him along with 50 other unknown Spanish guys :rolleyes:

Eshnar said:
Well he also beat Quintana :eek:

1 Filippo Savini (Ita) Colnago - CSF Inox 3:58:25
2 Bauke Mollema (Ned) Rabobank Cycling Team 0:00:07
3 Domenico Pozzovivo (Ita) Colnago - CSF Inox

19 Tom Jelte Slagter (Ned) Rabobank Cycling Team 0:00:40
20 Christopher Froome (GBr) Sky Procycling 0:00:41
21 Mikel Nieve Ituralde (Spa) Euskaltel-Euskadi 0:01:02
22 Giampaolo Cheula (Ita) Geox-TMC 0:01:05
23 Fabrice Jeandesboz (Fra) Saur - Sojasun
24 Nairo Quintana Rojas (Col) Colombia Es Pasion - Cafe De Colombia
25 Carlos Fernando Piamonte Rodriguez (Col) EPM - UNE 0:01:10
26 Víctor De La Parte (Spa) Caja Rural 0:01:12
27 Victor Cabedo (Spa) Orbea Continental 0:02:35
28 Alberto Contador Velasco (Spa) Saxo Bank Sungard 0:02:50
Didn't Quintana attack on the penultimate climb that day?

The way he tries to sell this about 'beating' Contador says so much about the guy...

Walsh too - wtf happened to the guy....has he discovered google? Or is he at the stage with froomey where he believes every word without question. Every person who saw that passage, first thing they did was check the stage that day...and our guts were correct...

And the sky idiots have the cheek to attack the journalist two days ago regarding the inhaler issue for not carrying out proper questioning. :rolleyes:

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
man depressing thread that one, with craig, tondo....soler too :(

:(

And The Swordsman's posts are in the thread too :(

theswordsman said:
Contador said yesterday that he wished other teams would have helped with the work, but he gave his own team a ten.

If they have to lead again today, it's the kind of day where he would go for the stage win to reward them for the effort. It would mean more to put on the leader's jersey as a result of team effort than if he rode into it alone in a Time Trial.

Alberto said the finish at Catalunya wasn't tough enough to be decisive, but then he was able to put 23 seconds on Scarponi. He's got today and La Fleche Wallone as his last big days before the Giro. I hope there's a battle, but mostly hope for a win.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
On a lighter note, it's funny to look back and see who started that whole thread. Clearly laying the groundwork for the future cover story. It's a conspiracy, I tell you!

:p

keeponrollin said:
No, you're missing the narrative that Froome & Sky are pushing.

It isn't that Froome was *** before 2011; it's that anyone who went by him on the hills, was clearly doping, & here are some examples...., therefore he is now in his rightful & true position, leading the pack, because now cycling is cleaner, Simple !

It's not that he has undergone a miraculous transformation (despite the timings saying exactly that), it's that the dopers are gone, so now the clean cyclists are winning ( i.e Sky !)

Yes. He always had it in him. At least that what we are supposed to believe.

Sad thing is that he/Walsh cant keep track on even that fairy tale in the book hence all the "got wrong gear" thing.

Richie Porte was helping Contador that day. He would have know about the 3 punctures.

Stage 3 of the Vuelta a Castilla y León was an unlucky one for Alberto Contador. The Saxo Bank-SunGard leader was unable to finish in a competitive position today, owing to a puncture within the final two kilometers of the last climb.

“My idea for the end of the stage was to keep an eye on Tondo and Igor Antón, who were the most dangerous riders, but at just under two kilometers from the finish line I punctured my front tire. I’d already noticed it before and tried to hang on, because I knew that if I stopped to fix it, the race would be over for me, but I had no other option. I had bad luck—tomorrow’s another day,” explained Contador.

“The team took responsibility from the beginning and we did really well in the race until the last climb,” said Alberto. “There, we were pretty close to the escape, but some 1,800 meters from the summit, I punctured the back tire. I changed it with Jesús Hernández, but we had problems with the chain and we lost a lot of time.”

Alberto topped the climb of the Peñón 40 seconds in arrears of the front group. “Then I waited for my teammates on the descent, and Richie Porte and Jesús Hernández caught up with me. Richie did a really great job and I congratulate him for it. Then Jesús did the same—to maintain the distance to the three riders who had attacked—while I waited for the attacks in the final kilometers. Unfortunately, that was when I punctured again and there was nothing I could do. After that, I preferred to finish quietly and see if I have better luck in the time trial.”

(Official press release, Alberto Contador press room)

Saxo Bank-SunGard DS Philippe Maduit: "It's just one of those days where you are all out of luck. Alberto had two punctures and timing could not have been worse. Less than two kilometers from the finish line, he punctures and the game is just over. However, the boys did a wonderful job and especially Richie and Jesus were outstanding between the two final climbs. Tomorrow's goal is to win the time trial.”

2ps3cqh.jpg

May 26, 2010
Visit site
keeponrollin said:
No, you're missing the narrative that Froome & Sky are pushing.

It isn't that Froome was *** before 2011; it's that anyone who went by him on the hills, was clearly doping, & here are some examples...., therefore he is now in his rightful & true position, leading the pack, because now cycling is cleaner, Simple !

It's not that he has undergone a miraculous transformation (despite the timings saying exactly that), it's that the dopers are gone, so now the clean cyclists are winning ( i.e Sky !)

This fake narrative was started by master of cleanER ceremonies, Vaughters and Sky have taken it to a new level.

;)

Digger said:
The way he tries to sell this about 'beating' Contador says so much about the guy...

Walsh too - wtf happened to the guy....has he discovered google? Or is he at the stage with froomey where he believes every word without question. Every person who saw that passage, first thing they did was check the stage that day...and our guts were correct...

And the sky idiots have the cheek to attack the journalist two days ago regarding the inhaler issue for not carrying out proper questioning. :rolleyes:

Already last year it was clear Walsh took all his info from Brailsford without question.

Without a question.

Anything Brailsford said about cycling, Walsh printed as fact.

keeponrollin said:

I love how so many people will simply ignore the fact there was ZERO evidence prior to the Vuelta podium. If his 2013/14 performance was real, the UCI, who tested him as a part of their African development program, would not have kept it a secret. And then there's the problem of him not destroying regional races anywhere. Like Armstrong and Carmichael's doping, they just pretend. If only I could weave the same stories.....

The good news is the book is making enemies. After another TdF win, he'll probably make some more enemies.

The Hitch said:
Already last year it was clear Walsh took all his info from Brailsford without question.

Without a question.

Anything Brailsford said about cycling, Walsh printed as fact.

I know for a fact he went into his time with Sky in the belief Wiggins was clean - this was based on Vaughters/Wiggins/Garmin and his 4th in 2009.

So this shaped his view that Sky were clean. He was never going to change.

bigcog said:
Talk about taking everything you can out of context and then twisting it to met your argument ... :rolleyes:

Only if there was some form of video evidence to show it wasn't actually a mountain finish and Froome didn't actually beat Contador. Rather than Contador being beaten by 3 punctures.

Oh, there is. It's called the Internet! :rolleyes:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xi8nza_castilla-y-leon-stage-3-closing-kilometres_sport

The funnier thing watch the last part of that stage is Cinoni from Sky is the leader and climbing in the lead breakaway. Froome is anonymous.

Contador seen slow riding in without a care in the world. But I guess Froome will lie to save face any way he can... and a Walsh for that matter.

TRENDING THREADS