• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Climb (Froome's first autobiography)

Page 59 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
deValtos said:
The act of Froome stealing from kids is pretty screwed up and signals a bad omen for what was/is to come ...

As for feeding a rabbit to a snake though ? Comon man, this kind of attitude ****es me off more than nearly anything, people are fine with squishing live spiders and all assortment of bugs, people don't care what animals they eat as long as they're not witness to the killings (it's ok if you're not there right??) ...

... you care about that or only just enough to tell someone to "seek help" and call them "sick" despite 99% of society being accomplices to bigger BS while they actively seek to desensitize themselves from it all.

Seriously not cool man :mad: Sorry but this really annoyed me, this 100% the typical attitude of society, so much hpyicrosy/double standards.

The point (as others also pointed out) is not that it was rabbits he was feeding to the snakes, but more it was stolen pet rabbits from a kindergarten. Anyway you look at it, it will be much worse to steal pets from people to feed to snakes then it will be to feed say wild animals to them.

Have to agree with Hrotha, Hitch, and others on this one. Stealing rabbits from kids to feed to your snakes is sick behavior. Didn't it ever occur to him that he might not need to feed stolen rabbits to them if his mother was able to feed them when he was away without stealing rabbits? I'm disliking Froome more and more the more of his book I find out about.

Fzotrlool said:
Made this for you!

photocat.jpg

Have to say he looks good made up like that :D

rainman said:
I always thought Froome was a pleasant enough character from his post race interviews. The insights from this book have shown a totally different side. For a youngster to feed live rabbits, stolen from a kindergarten, to his pet snake reveal a completely depraved, sick young person, who badly needs phsychiatric help.
I find it amazing that he would actually let the world know all about it in a book. Didn't Walsh advise him not to?
Whats in the follow up? How I got popped unfairly and then when Cound dumped me I abducted her and left her all night in the same room as a bunch of pythons? :eek: hey Walshie, this ones a keeper!

No it doesn't. Talk about hyperbole. Kids do all sorts of things, and this was in Africa, you know where things eat other frequently, not the old kent road.

deValtos said:
The act of Froome stealing from kids is pretty screwed up and signals a bad omen for what was/is to come ...

As for feeding a rabbit to a snake though ? Comon man, this kind of attitude ****es me off more than nearly anything, people are fine with squishing live spiders and all assortment of bugs, people don't care what animals they eat as long as they're not witness to the killings (it's ok if you're not there right??) ...

... you care about that or only just enough to tell someone to "seek help" and call them "sick" despite 99% of society being accomplices to bigger BS while they actively seek to desensitize themselves from it all.

Seriously not cool man :mad: Sorry but this really annoyed me, this 100% the typical attitude of society, so much hpyicrosy/double standards.

Exactly, talk western liberal guilt.

rainman said:
I always thought Froome was a pleasant enough character from his post race interviews. The insights from this book have shown a totally different side. For a youngster to feed live rabbits, stolen from a kindergarten, to his pet snake reveal a completely depraved, sick young person, who badly needs phsychiatric help.
I find it amazing that he would actually let the world know all about it in a book. Didn't Walsh advise him not to?
Whats in the follow up? How I got popped unfairly and then when Cound dumped me I abducted her and left her all night in the same room as a bunch of pythons? :eek: hey Walshie, this ones a keeper!

Ah now people you're over-reacting....

I mean, he could have been worse ... he could have been feeding the occasional toddler to his pythons :eek:

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Hatim ‏@NeoAeon7 · 25 min. 
Soo.. Kreuziger is the first rabbit to get eaten by the python (UCI)...who will be the next rabbit to be caught by Froome?

Genius! :D

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
keeponrollin said:
Ah now people you're over-reacting....

I mean, he could have been worse ... he could have been feeding the occasional toddler to his pythons :eek:

+1

I buy rats from PetCo and smash them with hammers and break their necks all the time. I mean, I could be going into an orphanage and mowing down a bunch of kids with an LMG, but I'm not.

Makes you think.

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
JimmyFingers said:
You don't have every high standards, do you...
And that's coming from someone who defends a man who steals pet rabbits from kindergartens?

Take a look around you, the public opinion about Froome is very negative. Especially on foreign boards, FB commentary and cycling magazines. Do you really want to sink with the Sky ship?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Fzotrlool said:
And that's coming from someone who defends a man who steals pet rabbits from kindergartens?

Take a look around you, the public opinion about Froome is very negative. Especially on foreign boards, FB commentary and cycling magazines. Do you really want to sink with the Sky ship?

He has no choice, he is captain of it, the fanboAt anyways :D

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Fzotrlool said:

Stop being daft, I've only seen you ranting and raving here five minutes. I suggest you read a few more of my posts before putting words into my mouth and motives into my head. Your agenda is clear, and it is equally clear you have no idea of mine.

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
JimmyFingers said:
Stop being daft, I've only seen you ranting and raving here five minutes. I suggest you read a few more of my posts before putting words into my mouth and motives into my head. Your agenda is clear, and it is equally clear you have no idea of mine.
Based on your posts, you alternate between being a passive concern troll and a full-blown cheerleader. Every time someone attacks Froome, you're going to retaliate. An emotional bond.

I fail to find any critical observations about Sky made by you, but feel free to prove me wrong.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
Indeed it does exist. In several parts. He innocent murdering or fluffy rabbits...

14tt0mp.jpg

hrotha said:
Here's the kicker though: he put that bit in his biography, and framed it as if to cast a positive light on him and his determination. He thought the story of stealing live fuzzy animals from toddlers and feeding them to his snakes could be spun in a positive light. That, to me, is very telling.
Precisely. The perceived horror of the story apparently never occurred to him either. Very telling.

Afrank said:
Didn't it ever occur to him that he might not need to feed stolen rabbits to them if his mother was able to feed them when he was away without stealing rabbits?
And didn't it ever occur to him that that is the obvious question raised by his own biography? He acknowledges that there simply had to be another way to go about acquiring snake food, but seemed incapable of exploring those options himself.

I do wonder though, did ever occur to him to just kill the snakes instead? Or would that have been deemed to cruel? Maybe he could've donated the snakes to the kindergarten, and then killed them in the dead of night so that those same children could then discover the gory aftermath for themselves. Might've made for a nice coloring book assignment. :)

The dude's got issues. As others have pointed out, this sort of behavior in children is often indicative of other underlying abnormalities. For him to put it on the pages of his own book clearly demonstrates that he just doesn't "get it."

ps
I see that it's been "Avatar Day" around here this afternoon. :D

LaFlorecita said:
As if I needed even more reason to dislike him. He stole little children's rabbits, and fed them to his pythons? Wtf.

There is an excellent movie showing what this kind of mental profile among children (torturing and murdering small animals) can end up in as adults. Its name is Halloween 2007 and the character is Mr Myers.

Alberto should be worried next time he drinks his coffe with lunatics as Froome running (or should i say, sprinting?) loose. Bragging about feeding snakes with stolen rabbits isnt exactly what one would call "normal". And given his psychological profile it is perfectly understandable that he doesnt get it.

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
This is brilliant.

On to the Vuelta a Castilla y Leon. I beat Alberto Contador, a Tour de France winner, on a mountain finish on stage three and then came in the top ten in the time trial. I finished 14th overall, only about a minute and a half down on the winner. Today, some people still say that I had never done anything before my results during the 2011 Vuelta a Espana, but I've always smiled at that opinion. Were these insignificant results? Not to me.

Here's the report of how he beat Contador to the top of the mountain.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/26th-vuelta-a-castilla-y-leon-2-1/stage-3/results

Twentieth on the stage and Contador lost a load of time after having a mechanical problem.