• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Climb (Froome's first autobiography)

Page 60 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Today, some people still say that I had never done anything before my results during the 2011 Vuelta a Espana, but I've always smiled at that opinion. Were these insignificant results? Not to me.[/I]

to everyone else however Chris...they were....and I'm now smiling at your opinion...what a plank :)

Bernie's eyesore said:
This is brilliant.

On to the Vuelta a Castilla y Leon. I beat Alberto Contador, a Tour de France winner, on a mountain finish on stage three and then came in the top ten in the time trial. I finished 14th overall, only about a minute and a half down on the winner. Today, some people still say that I had never done anything before my results during the 2011 Vuelta a Espana, but I've always smiled at that opinion. Were these insignificant results? Not to me.

Here's the report of how he beat Contador to the top of the mountain.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/26th-vuelta-a-castilla-y-leon-2-1/stage-3/results

Twentieth on the stage and Contador lost a load of time after having a mechanical problem.

Wow. What a scumbag.

Could Froome be any more delusional?

PunchingRouleur said:
Wow. What a scumbag.

Could Froome be any more delusional?

Contador had three punctures that day and rolled home with a wave to the crowd.

But the Dawg beat him! How could Walsh be so stupid not to at least check this information? Delusional.

1hfmsm.jpg

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
The question is now, when will this guy get caught? This year? 2015? 2020?

I think it depends on the amount of journalists being against him. Talking about it here is somewhat counterproductive. You could be spreading the information on Twitter to reporters, researchers and journalists.

Fzotrlool said:
The question is now, when will this guy get caught? This year? 2015? 2020?

I think it depends on the amount of journalists being against him. Talking about it here is somewhat counterproductive. You could be spreading the information on Twitter to reporters, researchers and journalists.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove. You could have him subtly admitting like cunego and menchov that he did dope but until uci allows him to test p, he ain't falling.

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
The Hitch said:
It's not what you know, it's what you can prove. You could have him subtly admitting like cunego and menchov that he did dope but until uci allows him to test p, he ain't falling.

Well, point taken. Although it leaves us with a feeling of powerlessness. UCI seem to care more about Big Money and patronage than the image of the sport.

hrotha said:
OK, I'll elaborate:

I don't have a problem with his feeding live fuzzy animals to his snakes. They got to eat, after all. Now, personally, even though I like snakes, I don't understand why anyone would want to have them as pets, as the whole feeding process sounds rather disgusting and traumatizing to me and in exchange you don't get much of a bond with a reptile, but to each their own, and anyway those snakes would be eating live fuzzy animals whether or not you kept them in a cage.

The problem is the part where he stole those live fuzzy animals from toddlers. The bit about feeling guilty about it at the time reminds me of this. But hey, he was a kid himself. I'm not going to judge him for that. People grow up and change.

Here's the kicker though: he put that bit in his biography, and framed it as if to cast a positive light on him and his determination. He thought the story of stealing live fuzzy animals from toddlers and feeding them to his snakes could be spun in a positive light. That, to me, is very telling.

edit: and mildly funny.

I'd say the same for me.

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
Absolutely. The boundary between entertainment and sport is almost gone at this point. It is almost as plausible as entertainment wrestling.

Yes, the parallel with pro-wrestling is quite daunting.

Kreuziger's case was carefully planned to promote the soap opera, even though they've known it for months, maybe years.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
Absolutely. The boundary between entertainment and sport is almost gone at this point. It is almost as plausible as entertainment wrestling.

Well, as long as you know its not real you can still enjoy it. Just got to take it for what it is.

Fzotrlool said:
Kreuziger's case was carefully planned to promote the soap opera, even though they've known it for months, maybe years.

Well, you have to be careful holding on too strongly to that assumption.

The best that can be said, knowing what we know, is it's possible. It's also possible ASO didn't want him at the 2014 TdF. Why this year? Impossible to say. Is there some kind of interaction between ASO, UCI and Froome? Maybe. It's certainly happened before. We know the ASO and UCI are directly involved in choosing riders for WT teams.

At this point we know the UCI takes Froome's every utterance very seriously. Froome started a UCI investigation of dope tests on Tenerife with a single tweet.

Best case scenario is to be open to all kinds of possibilities. That includes another Froome fairy tale podium.

Sceptic is right, just be aware of what the sport has been shown itself to be at the TdF and enjoy.