• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Cuban Missile Crisis

RDV4ROUBAIX said:
He was given a chance to prove himself. I'd say he deserves a shot. Has J.J. Haedo done anything since going Pro Tour? I don't recall.

1. If you call last past at the Tour down under and DNF everywhere else a shot. next year he rolls to a win at the tour of the Bahamas! Kickin' it with a club team from Miami!

2. You bro, you must be living in an Alternate reality. JJ "the Argentinian Arrow" Haedo just opened a can of whoop *** on Jimmy Casper (remeber him) at Cholet - Pay de Loire and earlier this year put the hurt on his little bro in tour de San Luis....WHERE YOU AT!

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
RDV4ROUBAIX said:
He was given a chance to prove himself. I'd say he deserves a shot. Has J.J. Haedo done anything since going Pro Tour? I don't recall.

Yeah, Ivan's having a rough season early on. He DNF at De Panne yesterday.

JJ has been okay with most of his wins coming in the States at Claifornia and Georgia. He did pull off a win a couple of weeks ago at GP Cholet-Pays de Loire, but hasn't really produced against the big time sprinters.

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Do you consider beating Casper and winning a sprint in San Luis an achievement? You must put this things on perspective.
I don't think he will be kicked out, probably he still has another season. He is not a young talent anymore.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
RDV4ROUBAIX said:

J.J. Haedo won the GP Cholet and the last stage of the Tour de San Louis recently along with stage wins in the Tours of San Louis, California, Georgia, Luxemebourg and Denmark in 2008.

His younger brother Sebastian looks pretty good as well and a Pro Tour team might look to give him a chance in the near future.

Dr. Wattini said:
Do you consider beating Casper and winning a sprint in San Luis an achievement? You must put this things on perspective.

I'm putting it in total perspective! I'm talking about JJ not Tom Boonen!:)

Now you could say I've lost it if I start talking about Graeme Brown being the second coming just 'cause he's mopping up this year.

Mar 30, 2009
Visit site
bikenrunnwt said:
J.J. Haedo won the GP Cholet and the last stage of the Tour de San Louis recently along with stage wins in the Tours of San Louis, California, Georgia, Luxemebourg and Denmark in 2008.

His younger brother Sebastian looks pretty good as well and a Pro Tour team might look to give him a chance in the near future.

JJ is still a big disappointment from what was expected from him when CSC first signed him in 2007. He's a B or C class pro sprinter.

TRENDING THREADS