• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Cycling Betting Thread

Page 66 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Flamin said:
Was looking forward to bet on the TT, but the h2h's are pretty lame.

For now I have:
JVDB top-3 @ 6/1
De Clercq vs Pozzovivo @ 1.45
Valverde vs Majka @ 2.90 (very nice odds if you ask me even though Valverde is fading)
Brambilla vs Meintjes @ 1.60

Won all h2h's, especially the one with Valverde was nice :)

Re:

ILovecycling said:
Any tips for WC? I went for Styby,more for fun tho :)
The odds are very disappointing imo.

I had a few in my mind, but the odds are way too low (depending on which sites you have acces to).

Breschel: Only available @ 26 for me. Paddy has him 67 which I think is OK but not that much value.
Greipel: Highest available odds is 51 at Paddy. I would be looking for 70+.
Matthews: Highest available odds is 15. I would be looking for 20+.
Bouhanni: Highest available odds i 41. I would be looking for 50+.
Gallopin: I have a bet on Gallopin @ 67. Highest available odds atm is 51 which is too low.

Oh, and I think Stybar is quite overrated here sorry :) But if I don't win, I hope that you do :D

If you're looking for a longshot, I would look at Geschke @ 501 (Paddy) or Uran @ 251 (10Bet)

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

Hugo Koblet said:
ILovecycling said:

I had a few in my mind, but the odds are way too low (depending on which sites you have acces to).

Breschel: Only available @ 26 for me. Paddy has him 67 which I think is OK but not that much value.
Gallopin: I have a bet on Gallopin @ 67. Highest available odds atm is 51 which is too low.

Oh, and I think Stybar is quite overrated here sorry :) But if I don't win, I hope that you do :D

If you're looking for a longshot, I would look at Geschke @ 501 (Paddy) or Uran @ 251 (10Bet)

GB are stupid not naming Adam Yates. He would have been a good chance on this course.

Of the outsiders, Felline could be generous odds. Could see him on the podium.

And I'm going to mention Phinney again. I know he hasn't raced much the last 24 months and he won't have the condition, but you just never know. He has come back alright.

Sasquatch said:
Henk Vogels reckons that Rohan Dennis will win the time trial. Win. No. Podium? Yes.

Would it be that outrageous to suggest that Phinney could podium?

Dennis is my favourite as well, if he makes a goal out of something he is very good, and he was looking really solid in the USA Pro Challenge. Besides that T Martin didnt have an ideal preparation with his TdF injury and Dumoulin is obviously going very deep in this Vuelta.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

Hugo Koblet said:
ILovecycling said:

I bet that for fun,Styby is my countrymate and a great guy :)
Agreed at odds,if we consuder its a unpredictable wc its weird that odds are this short.Breschel tip is not bet tho ;)

Grats to Sasquatch! :cool

I wouldn't.

Montréal is too hard for him. Just look at the names that have been contending the last five editions.

Also, take a look at these quotes by Konyshev: "It was hard out there today but in the end Kristoff was better than last year. I think he spent everything today so we’re not expecting so much for Sunday Montréal." and Kristoff himself: "Sunday’s climb is too hard for me – the finish is better but the course is heavier so I don’t think I’ll be there. I will use Montréal for training as I look forward to the Worlds."

Instead I'd be tempted to back Lagutin who will be given a free reign today. He held back Friday with Montréal in mind and he was really strong in Alberta. I'd even be tempted to back Zakarin as well. Lagutin is 250:1 at Paddy and 200:1 at Unibet, Zakarin 150:1 at both sites.

Spilak is a third option seeing that it's likely going to rain tonight. He's 150:1 as well.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Yeah

I'm on at Unibet

Yates @ $41/$11
Zakarin @ $151/$41
Uran @ $26

I see the sense in backing Lagutin and Zakarin, but feel Zakarin would finish it off better. Surely Adam Yates will go with the late attack, so should Zakarin.

I'm also on.

Sbargali @ $19 (Sportsbet for the Aussies, Paddy for the euros)
Impey @ $41 (Crownbet for the Aussies)

Valverde to win the points jersey @ $1.62

Sasquatch said:
Yeah

I'm on at Unibet

Yates @ $41/$11
Zakarin @ $151/$41
Uran @ $26

I see the sense in backing Lagutin and Zakarin, but feel Zakarin would finish it off better. Surely Adam Yates will go with the late attack, so should Zakarin.

I'm also on.

Sbargali @ $19 (Sportsbet for the Aussies, Paddy for the euros)
Impey @ $41 (Crownbet for the Aussies)

Valverde to win the points jersey @ $1.62

Impey seems very good value to me. I would have liked to bet on him as well but he's only @ 26 now. Nice find. I actually had a bet on Impey @ 101 when he finished second so I was a little upset at that point. Hopefully he'll earn you some cash today :)

Valverde also looks like nice value. He just has to finish 13th or better today which shouldn't be a problem at all.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Looking at the markets for the U23 time trial, is Mullen really worth that price? Yes he will probably win, but Schachman, Lammertink and Zmorka will push him I would have thought.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site

MADRAZO said:
Sasquatch said:
Looking at the markets for the U23 time trial, is Mullen really worth that price? Yes he will probably win, but Schachman, Lammertink and Zmorka will push him I would have thought.

Wurtz Schmidt should be favourite. Not even included with Paddypower :)

Interesting. No doubt he will be added

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Prices.

Bet365 on left, Paddy on right.

Wurtz: $2/Not Listed
Mullen: $3.25/$2.50
Ganna: $11/$10
Lammertink: $14/$6
Schachmann: $14/$15
Eaton: $19/$6
Zmorka: $19/$26
Anderson: $29/Not Listed
Martinelli: $29/$15
Doull: $34/$201
Dunbar: $51/6
Scotson: $51/$26

Forget the rest.

Some big differences there.

Can't back Wurtz at that price. I have a good feeling about Schachmann though.

Re:

ILovecycling said:
Having watched the U23 road race and with the weather forecast in mind, I've actually changed my mind regarding Stybar. In fact I think he has a pretty good shot at winning. Definitely one of the main "outsiders" if you can put it that way. I'd say odds 20-25 is probably where I'd put him.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm on the following. Bets placed over the last couple of weeks so got good odds on some.

Yates EW @ $301
Uran EW @ $126
Nibali EW @ $101
Stybar EW @ $20
Terpstra EW @ $34
Boom EW @ $101
Gallopin EW @ $51
Alaphillipe EW @ $51
Kristoff EW @ $8

TRENDING THREADS